Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

There are 10 classic stadiums included in MLB 13 The Show. They are free this year and available on the disc. Thanks again chrisjohnson83.

Classic Stadiums
  • Crosley Field
  • Forbes Field
  • Sportsman's Park
  • Polo Grounds
  • Griffith Stadium
  • Yankee Stadium
  • Shea Stadium
  • Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome
  • Sun Life Stadium
  • Shibe Park

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Curahee @ 02/25/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Someone is always bitchin'.....unbelievable.

M.K.
Knight165
Pretty Much!

Maybe if he took a second or two... and everyone else for that matter to read through the thread rather than going on a trolling tirade, they would see there is a reason for everything!

# 42 brewersfan84 @ 02/25/13 09:26 PM
I would pay top dollar for the old "Milwaukee County Stadium" even though most people wouldn't think of it as a "classic". A giant beer mug slide in centerfield? CLASSIC!!!

# 43 Curahee @ 02/25/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan84
I would pay top dollar for the old "Milwaukee County Stadium" even though most people wouldn't think of it as a "classic". A giant beer mug slide in centerfield? CLASSIC!!!
Good old stadium. I woudl love to see Ebbets Field.
Do you know has there ever been any talk of the Packers ever playing at Miller like they use to at MCS?

# 44 Nooooovak @ 02/25/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Someone is always bitchin'.....unbelievable.

M.K.
Knight165
"If you build it, people will complain"

# 45 MrOldboy @ 02/25/13 09:38 PM
I thought they might have these a a but-it-new sort of deal linked to the online pass. But glad to see they are just free. I forgot to redeem my preorder code for these when I got them, lost the sheet of paper it was on and then found it after it expired. I was never going to pay for these, but wanted them. Happy they are free now or I guess free to everyone now.

# 46 RandyBass @ 02/25/13 10:31 PM

Man this site is annoying.

# 47 sydrogerdavid @ 02/25/13 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Just stupid. Hate the fanboys acting like this is sooo great. Paid for these same stadiums 2 years ago, so they should be free.

On top of that its been these same stadiums for years now. Either remove classic stadiums or at least add some new ones to play in each year. I want old Tiger stadium, old Giants Stadium, CN Park ect.., you know give them a generic name if your too cheap to pay for the rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Cowboy
I guess its just part of my childhood to miss the old cookie cutter stadiums (Fulton County Stadium, The Vet, 3 Rivers, River Front). Some day it would cool to have several classic stadiums like the Astrodome, Milwaukee County Stadium, Arlington Stadium, and Cleveland Municipal Stadium with the Marlboro Man in Center Field.

It's cool SCEA put in the old stadiums for free and now with the 1942 Cardinals uniforms int he game, I'll pay tribute to Stan the Man Musial and have the Cardinals play a few games in Sportsman Park wearing the 1942 uniforms.

"Old Giants Stadium" is already in the game. It is better known as the Polo Grounds.

Cowboy. Thanks for giving me that idea. It would have crossed my mind eventually, but I had not correlated the Cardinals '42 throwback with Sportsman's Park yet.

# 48 BenGerman @ 02/25/13 10:39 PM
Hard to believe some people are actually complaining aboutthings that are almost always DLC in other sports titles.

Just another great move by SCEA. I don't doubt they care about money (everyone does), but with each passing day, I believe they put the interest of their consumer in front of everything else. Not that any big name producers will ever read this comment, but I hope Sony understands that if it weren't for developers like SCEA, I never would have become such a fan of PlayStation.

# 49 AUTiger1 @ 02/25/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
"Old Giants Stadium" is already in the game. It is better known as the Polo Grounds.

Cowboy. Thanks for giving me that idea. It would have crossed my mind eventually, but I had not correlated the Cardinals '42 throwback with Sportsman's Park yet.
Maybe he was talking about Candlestick Park.

# 50 fuminpuma @ 02/25/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2DJ
Old Yankee Stadium has been in each year? I didn't even notice. Was it in the classic map pack each year? I've never gotten around to buying the classic maps.. Oh well, still nice.
The "old" Yankee Stadium included is the one after the renovation in the mid-1970s. It was the same location, but not quite the same park as the one Ruth, DiMaggio, and Mantle played in with "no man's land" in left center and flag pole in center field.

# 51 Ollienyy @ 02/25/13 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuminpuma
The "old" Yankee Stadium included is the one after the renovation in the mid-1970s. It was the same location, but not quite the same park as the one Ruth, DiMaggio, and Mantle played in with "no man's land" in left center and flag pole in center field.
And don't forget Huggins, Gehrig and Ruth out there too!

# 52 sydrogerdavid @ 02/25/13 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Maybe he was talking about Candlestick Park.
I know that. I'm just rebutting his pointless rant with a fact.

Can anybody help me figure out what he was referring to when he listed "CN Park" as a classic stadium? Maybe he meant "CM," referring to Cleveland Municipal?

# 53 thaSLAB @ 02/25/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
I know that. I'm just rebutting his pointless rant with a fact.

Can anybody help me figure out what he was referring to when he listed "CN Park" as a classic stadium? Maybe he meant "CM," referring to Cleveland Municipal?
I was trying to figure out what he meant by 'old' Tiger Stadium, myself.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 54 cardinalbird5 @ 02/25/13 11:58 PM
These will be playable online right?

# 55 thaSLAB @ 02/25/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
These will be playable online right?
Yes.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 56 Curahee @ 02/26/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Yeah Pfffff! You got me. I even Googled it and came up with nothing!

# 57 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/26/13 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
HHH was from the old builds of MLB09 and before.
SCEA does not have and are not likely to ever get the licensing for Old Comiskey.

Russell said, unless the licensing process changes, there will be no new Classic Stadiums.
Well then I guess I'll continue to not care about the "classic" stadiums.

# 58 jr86 @ 02/26/13 04:38 AM
The Classics used to be on PSN as DLC because i thought that there was not enough space on the disc to include them because everything had been maxed out on the PS3.

Yet this year not only do we have all the classics on the disc but there are 7 new Minor League stadiums also?

How have they managed to do this?

# 59 ps3veron @ 02/26/13 07:57 AM
Shea stadium! :'(

# 60 Curahee @ 02/26/13 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
The Classics used to be on PSN as DLC because i thought that there was not enough space on the disc to include them because everything had been maxed out on the PS3.

Yet this year not only do we have all the classics on the disc but there are 7 new Minor League stadiums also?

How have they managed to do this?
The Classic Stadiums have always been on the disc. They were never DLC. You just bought a code to unock them from the disc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.