Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

MICHIGAN AND TEXAS A&M REACH FINAL ROUND OF NCAA FOOTBALL COVER VOTE

Denard Robinson and Ryan Swope Go Head-to-Head for the Cover

The NCAA Football Cover Vote has entered the final round, as Michigan’s Denard Robinson and Texas A&M’s Ryan Swope face-off for the opportunity to grace the cover of this year’s game. After six rounds and over 3.1M votes these two athletes remain as the last men standing in the quest for the cover.

Robinson and Swope jumped out to large early leads this round and never looked back. The duo continually battled for the lead throughout, with Robinson ultimately securing the most votes. Robinson has deployed the power of social media to fuel his campaign, while Aggie Nation has shown unprecedented support for Swope.

Final round voting has begun on the NCAA Football Facebook page, and will continue through March 8th. This is the last chance for fans to secure victory for their favored athlete, and vote totals have reset to zero so it’s anyone’s race.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NDAlum @ 03/06/13 05:43 PM
Let's do it by 40 time:

Swope: 4.34
De'tard: 4.43

SWOPE!!!!!!!

# 42 darren1024 @ 03/07/13 02:39 PM
Robinson is leading in the poll by a few thousand. Doubt he loses the vote with one day left.

# 43 KushNstien @ 03/07/13 11:34 PM
Seems like A&M fans are cheating!?

# 44 bwburke94 @ 03/08/13 12:38 AM
Denard up by about 1400 at this point, seems to be a lock but there's still time... I think.

# 45 darren1024 @ 03/08/13 12:12 PM
No telling who will win with both schools getting busted for cheating votes

# 46 Aggies7 @ 03/08/13 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Swope didn't make up that much ground. He was down by 11000 at one point.

I'm sure EA just wanted it to look close at the end.

# 47 KushNstien @ 03/08/13 12:45 PM
they just need to hurry and end the cover crap.. really idc who is going to be on the game cover.. give us some game news

# 48 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/08/13 01:18 PM
Put Swope on Xbox and Denard on PS3. Problem solved.

# 49 Aggies7 @ 03/08/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
they just need to hurry and end the cover crap.. really idc who is going to be on the game cover.. give us some game news
I'm with you.

Either put them both on the cover and make two separate cover.

Do not waste time going back and checking votes. A cover means nothing. So don't waste time recounting.

Spend time making it worth my $60.00 to buy it.

And I am sure both UM fans and TAMU fans will be ok with both players on cover as long as the game is top notch quality.

# 50 This Is Michigan @ 03/08/13 04:38 PM
a&m fans cheating has prompted EA to issue a statement on twitter that the fake votes won't be counted. How you may ask they will they decide the real profiles from fakes?

Simple. They won't. EA will most likely choose the cover athlete. And the smart choice would be Denard being that he is the most marketable amateur athlete in the country.

# 51 Aggies7 @ 03/08/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan
a&m fans cheating has prompted EA to issue a statement on twitter that the fake votes won't be counted. How you may ask they will they decide the real profiles from fakes?

Simple. They won't. EA will most likely choose the cover athlete. And the smart choice would be Denard being that he is the most marketable amateur athlete in the country.
I agree there won't be anyway to tell. But both fans from UM and TAMU have been cheating.

# 52 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/08/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree there won't be anyway to tell. But both fans from UM and TAMU have been cheating.
Agreed. It was neck and neck for 2 days. Then DR suddenly went up 12k

# 53 This Is Michigan @ 03/09/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Agreed. It was neck and neck for 2 days. Then DR suddenly went up 12k
Michael Phelps and various famous alums tweeted the link. Plus Snoop Dogg too and the New York Mets official twitter (who are owned by Michigan alum Fred Wilpon.)

That's probably why.

And then the a&m board posted the cheating ways and everything went ridiculous.

Denard won the unofficial vote. And when they weed out the cheaters, he'll still win. And even if for some strange reason swope has more votes, EA is the one counting them. They wanted Denard on that cover all along.

He's the most marketable out of all the candidates they had. Everyone knows who he is. Lebron James and the President of the US met him and knew who he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuuHxEATWk0

# 54 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/09/13 12:14 AM
Quote:
Michael Phelps and various famous alums tweeted the link. Plus Snoop Dogg too.

That's probably why.

And then the a&m board posted the cheating ways and everything went ridiculous.

Denard won the unofficial vote. And when they weed out the cheaters, he'll still win. And even if for some strange reason swope has more votes, EA is the one counting them. They wanted Denard on that cover all along.

He's the most marketable out of all the candidates they had. Everyone knows who he is. Lebron James and the President of the US met him and knew who he was.
Pretty much. There's really nothing exciting about Swope. If it wasn't for Manziel having the year he did, Swope wouldn't have been an option.

# 55 Aggies7 @ 03/09/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Pretty much. There's really nothing exciting about Swope. If it wasn't for Manziel having the year he did, Swope wouldn't have been an option.
I agree. Don't think either of them should have been in the finals.

But both sides were cheating. This was posted 10 days ago in a Michigan Forum.

Personally don't waste time counting votes. Just put both on cover to shut folks up and fix the problems on the actually game we pay for.

# 56 KushNstien @ 03/09/13 02:38 AM
Whichever team was on here even it was UTSA.. Fans would cheat to get their team on the cover. Like Aggie said just put both of them on separate covers and thats it

# 57 Buckeyed @ 03/09/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
Whichever team was on here even it was UTSA.. Fans would cheat to get their team on the cover. Like Aggie said just put both of them on separate covers and thats it
Yes, but the choices were BS to begin with. I know that tOSU fans put the school in the finals but John Simon did not have a Clowney or Suh type season. Which leads me to a well known garbage QB and some dude not known by anyone outside of College Station. EA'd again!

# 58 This Is Michigan @ 03/09/13 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Yes, but the choices were BS to begin with. I know that tOSU fans put the school in the finals but John Simon did not have a Clowney or Suh type season. Which leads me to a well known garbage QB and some dude not known by anyone outside of College Station. EA'd again!
That "garbage QB" happens to be the only QB in the history of the sport to rush and pass for 1,500 yards.

# 59 Buckeyed @ 03/10/13 03:45 AM
Quote:
That "garbage QB" happens to be the only QB in the history of the sport to rush and pass for 1,500 yards.
Without getting into a pissing match. He always seemed to leave games when the going got tough. His passing ability was a tad bit worse than Braxton Miller...which ain't good. When you are the only threat on a bad offensive team it is easy to rack up stats...again, look at Braxton Miller. So, take off the Maize/Sun and Blue goggles and realize he wasn't very good as a QB. As an athlete? Totally different story even if I think Usain Bolt would have beat him in a 40.

# 60 MSNemitz @ 03/10/13 01:04 PM
Wow, this may be the first time I've agreed with an OSU fan on the internet. Always a pissing match. I personally think Denard is a good choice of Cover ATH because he is well known. I don't think there was alot of other good choices really.

#GoBlue

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.