Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Since the MLB 13 The Show demo wasn't released on PSN today, it doesn't look like we'll see a demo before release. That makes 2 baseball games without a pre-release demo this year.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheXFactor12345 @ 02/27/13 07:42 AM
Not good IMO, but I only understand this from the Sony Show people.
2k needs to increase their gameplay, which can be showcased in a demo.
Show changed modes, you could maybe show a postseason demo but again,
demo is meant for quick play so I understand Show hasn't made significant changes aside from the modes, which we asked for 3 years ago lol

# 2 Yankees2009Champs @ 02/27/13 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXFactor12345
Not good IMO, but I only understand this from the Sony Show people.
2k needs to increase their gameplay, which can be showcased in a demo.
Show changed modes, you could maybe show a postseason demo but again,
demo is meant for quick play so I understand Show hasn't made significant changes aside from the modes, which we asked for 3 years ago lol
Could have released game 4 of the World Series in playoff mode. Would have been perfect way to sell the new presentation and the new playoff mode.

# 3 MrOldboy @ 02/27/13 08:04 AM
I wasn't aware a demo was ever in the works. Was it? This just seems like what was expected.

# 4 LastActionHero @ 02/27/13 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Could have released game 4 of the World Series in playoff mode. Would have been perfect way to sell the new presentation and the new playoff mode.
Or beginner mode for everyone that's on the fence because of the difficulty level past installments...

# 5 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I wasn't aware a demo was ever in the works. Was it? This just seems like what was expected.
There has not been any demo confirmed. I think Steve was just pointing out that if a demo was coming pre-release, it would of been yesterday.

# 6 MrOldboy @ 02/27/13 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
There has not been any demo confirmed. I think Steve was just pointing out that if a demo was coming pre-release, it would of been yesterday.
Yeah, its just the phasing that made it seem like there is a demo that SCEA is withholding. Thought I missed something.

Quote:
Since the MLB 13 The Show demo wasn't released on PSN today

# 7 GlennN @ 02/27/13 08:55 AM
I'm not that concerned about a demo for a game that has this kind of pedigree. I already pre-ordered my copy for Vita anyway.

# 8 malky @ 02/27/13 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
I agree for a guy that has 12 I need a little something to see if I should upgrade because I'm perfectly happy with 12

# 9 Sco291 @ 02/27/13 09:36 AM
I don't see the big deal honestly... I mean so what? The game is being released in 6 days. I've never been a fan of demos, why spoil the surprise and feel of the game? I don't know, just seems like to me, this should be a non-issue, at least for The Show. 2K on the ther hand...

# 10 opd897 @ 02/27/13 10:13 AM
I would have liked to have played a demo of the Vita. This being the second installment of that game and people wondering what changes have been made to that version before purchasing. Especially since Sony has not really put out any gameplay either.

PS3 version I really don't care about a demo as I'm sure it will be fine. I will have to see at least see some extended footage of the Vita version before I make that purchase as I don't want the game if some changes haven't been made over last year.

# 11 barsoffury @ 02/27/13 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I don't see the big deal honestly... I mean so what? The game is being released in 6 days. I've never been a fan of demos, why spoil the surprise and feel of the game? I don't know, just seems like to me, this should be a non-issue, at least for The Show. 2K on the ther hand...
Agreed. I've already decided that I'm getting the game so I don't need a demo to entice me. Those who know The Show generally know what they are getting.

# 12 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/27/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
When a game has been this good year after year I have no issue with them not giving us a demo. They have nothing to prove.
I feel like that is the smug attitude they probably take when it comes to demos for The Show, anyway.

"What do we need to release a demo for? They will buy it anyway, it's better than that 2K crap."

Not that that's not accurate, but it's frustrating that most games come with a demo prior to release, yet SCEA feels it doesn't need to waste it's time.

# 13 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I feel like that is the smug attitude they probably take when it comes to demos for The Show, anyway.

"What do we need to release a demo for? They will buy it anyway, it's better than that 2K crap."

Not that that's not accurate, but it's frustrating that most games come with a demo prior to release, yet SCEA feels it doesn't need to waste it's time.
We may still see a post-release demo. Maybe they feel that the people who have played it every year will it buy it anyway based off what they've seen, and don't want to give it all away. Whereas the new/on the fence people will get to play the demo post release and can make their decision from there.

# 14 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
We may still see a post-release demo. Maybe they feel that the people who have played it every year will it buy it anyway based off what they've seen, and don't want to give it all away. Whereas the new/on the fence people will get to play the demo post release and can make their decision from there.
You probably have a better chance winning the lotto than seeing that.

# 15 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You probably have a better chance winning the lotto than seeing that.
Good things I'm not banking on either

Wasn't there one last year though? (I know it doesn't mean anything about this year, but just wondering)

# 16 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 03:49 PM
Quote:
Maybe they feel that the people who have played it every year will it buy it anyway based off what they've seen, and don't want to give it all away. Whereas the new/on the fence people will get to play the demo post release and can make their decision from there.
I really don't think it's a case of them resting on their laurels. It comes down to time and resources. Do you want less "new" content and a demo or more "new" content and no demo? And if people wanted a demo what new item would they want to see dropped?

# 17 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 03:54 PM
Quote:
I really don't think it's a case of them resting on their laurels. It comes down to time and resources. Do you want less "new" content and a demo or more "new" content and no demo? And if people wanted a demo what new item would they want to see dropped?
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that at all. I agree that it takes time to make a demo and spend time checking it for bugs. As you say, probably the feature most suited for a demo besides the regular quick play would be a postseason game with the new presentation package. I was just saying that maybe they don't want to spill all the new enhancements to the postseason feel before release, and would rather spend it adding features (as I think they should).

# 18 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/27/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
That's a pretty terrible excuse, really.

# 19 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
That's a pretty terrible excuse, really.
You just like the angle that they really did not give a **** and did not feel like doing it. So go with that if it makes you feel better.

# 20 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/27/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
You just like the angle that they really did not give a **** and did not feel like doing it. So go with that if it makes you feel better.
Yeah, that actually makes a TON more sense than "OMG IF WE DO A DEMO, WE CAN'T ADD "xxx" NEW FEATURE THIS YEAR!!! HOW DOES EVERY OTHER COMPANY AND EVEN US IN THE PAST DO IT!!!"

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.