Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BrackishX21X @ 02/27/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yes, the gmae will be in your DL history.
Would it be possible to play the game on both at the same time?

# 22 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How many people would then disconnect their PS3 from the internet and change the date on their System to March 5th? I know I would.
Not if you needed an activation code to get it jump started.

# 23 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrackishX21X
Would it be possible to play the game on both at the time?
Yes kids do this currently with LBP2

# 24 DoUHaveSkill @ 02/27/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yes kids do this currently with LBP2
Only one user would be signed in for online play though.

# 25 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUHaveSkill
Only one user would be signed in for online play though.
dont think so they are online at the same time playing levels together

# 26 jeffy777 @ 02/27/13 11:52 AM
This seems to be the way to go. Seems like the load times would be faster and no wear & tear on the bluray drive.

# 27 BravesBoy @ 02/27/13 11:57 AM
So this will be he exact same game as it would be on disc? Just want to be clear on that

# 28 Lewis160 @ 02/27/13 11:57 AM
Is Mlb 13 The Show in the psn store as a pre order or are we able to purchase it after march 5 also?

# 29 JerzeyReign @ 02/27/13 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
So this will be he exact same game as it would be on disc? Just want to be clear on that
Yes, it will be the same exact game.

# 30 nemesis04 @ 02/27/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis160
Is Mlb 13 The Show in the psn store as a pre order or are we able to purchase it after march 5 also?
The pre-order tab will self destruct at 12:01am, Mr. Phelps! jk

It will be available after release too!

# 31 Blzer @ 02/27/13 12:13 PM
I will only consider this if...

... there is a bundled deal with a digital Vita version download, or...

... there isn't a bundled deal with the physical versions of the game.

# 32 dajar777 @ 02/27/13 12:14 PM
Does anyone know if Day One Digital charge Tax? Also sounds like a server crash on March 5 when we all download at the same time at 12:01am? Has anyone experienced this happening for any other game

# 33 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajar777
Does anyone know if Day One Digital charge Tax? Also sounds like a server crash on March 5 when we all download at the same time at 12:01am? Has anyone experienced this happening for any other game

No tax.

# 34 Bobhead @ 02/27/13 12:19 PM
Man I really want that XMB Theme, but I already preordered from GameStop.

# 35 wozamil @ 02/27/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
Yeah but how much does 1200 training points cost if you bought that from the store? Because with the PSN pre order, you will get back $10 that will be added to your wallet. Granted, you'll have to wait until April, but still.

# 36 tnixen @ 02/27/13 12:25 PM
Well I did it!

I canceled my Amazon pre order and just pre ordered MLB 13 The Show from the PS Store. This is the first time I have ever ordered a full version of any game on the PS Store. If it works out the way I hope I may just buy all my future games from the PS Store aswell.

I'll just save the disc drive for my Blu-Ray movies

The Future is now!!!

# 37 jeffy777 @ 02/27/13 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
Yeah but how much does 1200 training points cost if you bought that from the store? Because with the PSN pre order, you will get back $10 that will be added to your wallet. Granted, you'll have to wait until April, but still.
$10 back? I must have missed that.

# 38 HustlinOwl @ 02/27/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
$10 back? I must have missed that.
yea I posted yesterday and it was closed

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...very-50-spent/
Quote:
What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.
We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.
Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April. See below for the full list of titles:
March 5th

MLB The Show 13
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/5 to get a free exclusive theme and an extra 120 million in Franchise Budget to jump start your team.

# 39 jeffy777 @ 02/27/13 12:32 PM
Thanks man!

# 40 dkrause1971 @ 02/27/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajar777
We'll find out how well the server holds up for it but i don't it will be a huge problem. The high majority will get the game on disc. Of the people who will buy it online, its not like everyone will downloading it right then. Last, baseball doesn't sell like football or some other games. If PSN was able to handle those other games, i am sure it will generally be ok for this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.