Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Road To The Show received an overhaul and a bunch of new features for MLB 13 The Show. Designer Kirby St. John takes you through them all.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 FreAk47 @ 02/28/13 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Maybe less of an issue for those that dislike the goals this year if the stat based ones are easier. The fielding percentage ones were the worst for me since I try to focus on the talent based skills like speed first.
Achieving the goals is not the problem really, it's the weight they carry. You're a top prospect in an organization and they bench you for a month because of failed goals? Or better yet, you are a perennial all-star and you have to worry about getting benched because of these goals...dumb.

A lot of times, in the early stages of my career, I will intentionally fail goals to avoid being promoted to the majors before my attributes are comparable to the big leaguers. I wish you could just play, and the CPU would appropriately decide your role.

# 122 Killabruh @ 02/28/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Maybe less of an issue for those that dislike the goals this year if the stat based ones are easier. The fielding percentage ones were the worst for me since I try to focus on the talent based skills like speed first.
I had the same freakin problem with it mostly just being the fielding percentage goals.. Even when I would have 90+ fielding, throwing strength, and throwing accuracy, an error would ALWAYS be made in some BS fashion and just one error would pretty much make it so that you cannot achieve the goal, but, I digress. This game is going to be awesome! Would love to know if anything has been done more from a pitching POV, seeing as a vast majority of this new info seems like it pertains to a position player's career.

# 123 MrOldboy @ 02/28/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
Achieving the goals is not the problem really, it's the weight they carry. You're a top prospect in an organization and they bench you for a month because of failed goals? Or better yet, you are a perennial all-star and you have to worry about getting benched because of these goals...dumb.

A lot of times, in the early stages of my career, I will intentionally fail goals to avoid being promoted to the majors before my attributes are comparable to the big leaguers. I wish you could just play, and the CPU would appropriately decide your role.
Yeah its pretty broken, but since they weren't going to rebuild the whole RTTS system at least they made it a bit easier to achieve the goals. I wish they'd be gone and have a more holistic way to throttle progress.

# 124 Eman5805 @ 02/28/13 01:59 PM
The swing customization is awesome. But they GOTTA have pitching customization as well, right? Only seems fair.

# 125 bp4baseball @ 02/28/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
The swing customization is awesome. But they GOTTA have pitching customization as well, right? Only seems fair.
Not this year but I'm sure that's something on the list to add in future years

# 126 brettryantalley @ 02/28/13 05:28 PM
any word on whether or not your RTTS character could end up with a top 50 prospect card at a certain point, or would those top 50 already be assigned in the roster?

# 127 Knight165 @ 02/28/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
any word on whether or not your RTTS character could end up with a top 50 prospect card at a certain point, or would those top 50 already be assigned in the roster?

I believe he can.
I know in franchise mode...they are not static....they are dynamic....so I'm sure once you hit that status....it can be displayed.

M.K.
Knight165

# 128 Reed1417 @ 02/28/13 05:58 PM
March 5th....QUICKLY THERE'S NO TIME!!

# 129 BOSKY! @ 02/28/13 07:55 PM
Great. I was dead set on spending more time in Franchise mode which I never do. Throw that idea out the window, RTTS here I come.

# 130 MetsFan16 @ 02/28/13 07:59 PM
Love the improvements to this mode. It's going to be a lot of fun. My question is, as a RTTS Catcher, do you have to call every pitch of every game?

# 131 PhantomPain @ 02/28/13 08:18 PM
I love how they are moving more towards the sounds of being on the field. I wonder if it would be possible one day to have the minor league stadium announcer call the games and mention milestones (first hit, first home run, etc). It would also add to the difference between minors and majors (even if only slightly) too.

# 132 jenglund @ 03/01/13 12:02 AM
Holy crikey...this looks really amazing. This dev team really gets it.

# 133 Number2DJ @ 03/01/13 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
My question is, as a RTTS Catcher, do you have to call every pitch of every game?
Pretty sure you still have to.

# 134 BSUFAN @ 03/01/13 12:06 AM
Trust me, you truely will be surprised how updated it really is, its another step forward in this awesome game.

# 135 spike83 @ 03/01/13 12:54 AM
I never had any interest (nor time) for RTTS, but WOW, this is impressive.

I'm aboard now.

# 136 Majingir @ 03/01/13 01:33 AM
I have to find a way to make RTTS last. Cause I play alot in early minor league days to build my guy up, but once I do that, it becomes less fun by time I do make the majors.

And any info on if the RTTS trade thing has been fixed(where EVERYONES RTTS guy got traded basically every other season in their RTTS)

# 137 nuckles2k2 @ 03/01/13 08:25 AM
What.....what are they doing to me man?

How the hell am I supposed to get anything done around here when I'll be neck-deep in RTTS?

# 138 AUTiger1 @ 03/02/13 01:48 AM
I haven't touched RTTS the past couple of years because it's been boring to me but this video just won me back! Can't wait to play RTTS this year!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.