Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Deetrain1040 @ 02/28/13 11:56 AM
Steven Strasburg in a playoff game? This game is already unrealistic,

# 202 beerdujour @ 02/28/13 12:08 PM
I didn't think Strasburg pitched in the playoffs...

# 203 beerdujour @ 02/28/13 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdujour
I didn't think Strasburg pitched in the playoffs...
posted my comment without reading the other pages...what are the odds that I followed Deetrain's comment about Strasburg?...feel like a comic at the Improv rolling out the exact routine as the prior comedian...

# 204 Cavicchi @ 02/28/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I don't have an issue with the commentary at all...I sounds real and authentic..I mean really, go listen to a real broadest, sounds dead almost all the time until someone makes a big play anyway..

This isn't football or basketball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I thought he was horrible when he did the commentary for this series. Talk about boring! As far as the commentary we all know it needs a new direction and approach. It's not the best but it also is not the worst. It is actually pretty deep in content but falls short on approach and style. SCEA is aware of what people are looking for but I would not expect the transformation to happen on the turn of a dime.

As far as the stutter hang ups, I saw a few of them in that vid. Curious if he did the min or max install. Also, before anyone asks we don't play the game off a disk so we would not pick that up at CD.
nemesis, I did not suggest Scully for this game! The post I quoted and repled to above talks about real broadcasts, and dead air. Well, Vin Scully doesn't leave dead air--and he is a HOF announcer whether you like him or not. Now, the other baseball game has a more dynamic team in the booth and presents quite a contrast to what this game offers.

As for who should be in this game, if you don't like Scully, how can you like Matt? I mean, Matt's voice is pretty much devoid of emotion. Listen to Yankee broadcasts and listen to The Show. The point is, unlike what the poster above suggests, real baseball has exciting broadcasts and/or broadcasts without lots of dead air.

# 205 myghty @ 02/28/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its the video upload. You can tell because the background shade is constantly changing & it freezes along with video... People should do research before calling out Devs to look into non existing problems. Haha

# 206 HeyNow @ 02/28/13 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Its the video upload. You can tell because the background shade is constantly changing & it freezes along with video... People should do research before calling out Devs to look into non existing problems. Haha
Wrong. This happened in last years game also and it was brought up in these forums. Trouble was that people experienced it but didn't have video to show it. Now we do. Google MlB 12 pitch stutter and you'll see.

This is a bigger problem than commentary. Imagine how angry you'll be playing an important game in your season when this happens and causes you to strike out.

# 207 DJ @ 02/28/13 01:13 PM
I like the presentation and the crowd sounds more alive, which is good. I never had high hopes for 2K-like commentary with this game, so the commentary in the video didn't bother me. It is repetitive at this point but it's not like it is so terrible that I can't stand to listen to it.

# 208 Jakeness23 @ 02/28/13 02:03 PM
I love this series and got insanely pumped after I watched the RTTS trailer. What are the chances of these guys making an NBA basketball game? If anyone can compete with 2K it'd be these guys, and we all know competition breeds the best games. Also wouldn't mind seeing them create an NCAA basketball game because I sorely miss the college basketball atmosphere...

# 209 nemesis04 @ 02/28/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
That's because everyone worships this game, so the developers only make minor improvements. It took 7 years to get postseason atmosphere..time for competition..
That is a very naive statement. These claims of nonchalant effort are tiresome.

# 210 pokerlife @ 02/28/13 03:14 PM
Sure is a lot of trolls on here this time of the year.

Don't let NUKE21 get you fired up boys! They get off on it

# 211 MVP9072 @ 02/28/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
I don't agree him with but they don't have much competition

# 212 authentic @ 02/28/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
It's true. We do worship this game, but we are also very hard on it at times. The statement that we just worship the game and never complain is false. We expect and ask a lot from this game, and it's starting to show.

# 213 nemesis04 @ 02/28/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
I don't agree him with but they don't have much competition
There is competition but its unfortunate that it is weak, another hat in the ring would be nice. Even if there was more competition I do not think the game would be dramatically different to date. For people to think they are dogging it because they are not challenged by a competitor is pretty foolish. If the game came out and only the rosters were changed I could understand that line of thinking. Some years the jumps are bigger than others as far as content but the series is constantly evolving which is what we all want. Some just want it all immediately which is ridiculous.

# 214 thebeaverbutcher @ 02/28/13 04:31 PM
Looks like Justin Upton needs a new stance already. I was watching the Braves play this morning, and he changed his stance. That's sucks too, because it looked like SCEA finally did a good job on it haha

# 215 MrOldboy @ 02/28/13 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I honestly don't know, the blinking router under the TV never seemed to stop blinking making me feel that the only thing that stopped in that video was the TV displayed image.

The stuttering has been mentioned in the impressions thread too by people who have the retail copy of the game so its not like people are making this up.

I got some stuttering last year, but my PS3 also would make these loud clicks. After some research it seems that a lot of people's blurray drives make this clicking on the slim PS3, not the newest model, the one before it. So I assumed it was related to my PS3. But seeing the thread post last year about this and now other people saying they experience the same thing I am wondering what the issue is. I hope it is just a disc access issue or something as I am getting the game digitally.

# 216 Knight165 @ 02/28/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I honestly don't know, the blinking router under the TV never seemed to stop blinking making me feel that the only thing that stopped in that video was the TV displayed image.

The stuttering has been mentioned in the impressions thread too by people who have the retail copy of the game so its not like people are making this up.

I got some stuttering last year, but my PS3 also would make these loud clicks. After some research it seems that a lot of people's blurray drives make this clicking on the slim PS3, not the newest model, the one before it. So I assumed it was related to my PS3. But seeing the thread post last year about this and now other people saying they experience the same thing I am wondering what the issue is. I hope it is just a disc access issue or something as I am getting the game digitally.
BSUFAN and PhilliesFan both have said no stuttering.
One of them said they saw it playing right after install...but it was gone once he started the game after that(not playing right after the install I guess)
There were a few hiccups in the game in years past....and we played off dev kits at CD...so we don't know about the disc version...but I don't think we'll see choppy play at all.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.