Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JKorbini @ 02/27/13 09:15 PM
Geez you guys are hard to please.

Anyways i customize all my sounds in each stadium with my own songs and walk up entrances.

I turn off the commentary and jus have the stadium sounds, its like being at the ballpark.

# 62 zfarrow @ 02/27/13 09:24 PM
I can't believe that after that entire video all anyone can do is complain about the commentary. Can we say "spoiled"? If I was a developer from SCEA and saw this forum thread, I would note that the commentary needs to be reworked then pat myself on the back for the next 30 days or so.

# 63 stlchamp10 @ 02/27/13 09:30 PM
I'm not going to talk about the commentary but I was overall happy with the video. They almost got the playoff atmosphere down except for 2 things...

1) Just in the 1st half inning for the home team every out needs to be as loud as the first pitch is. This happens the start of every MLB game, the home crowd gets nuts for the first 3 outs.

2) They really need to add the playoff logo to the hats and world series, that is one thing that really adds to the playoff atmosphere and sets apart the post-season and regular season.

# 64 TB12TCUPROCOMBAT @ 02/27/13 09:31 PM
I dont care about the commentary. I am buying this game no doubt and this video has me even more excited about it. Also it is good to see they have edited some batting stances like they did for Bj Upton. Cant wait!

# 65 crains13 @ 02/27/13 09:36 PM
I understand that the commentary isn't where everyone wants it to be. After listening to Matt's Bryce Harper home run call in the 1st inning, and everyone complaining about it I tried to find a real life home run called from the playoffs..

Here is a call of a Brandon Phillips home run in game one against the Giants.....not everyone gets real excited on a home run in the 1st inning of a playoff game.

It is somewhat similar to the call in The Show, maybe the announcer from the Phillip's home run said "Goooone" with a little bit more enthusiasm than Vasgersian.

# 66 JKorbini @ 02/27/13 09:50 PM
wonder if getting it digitally if there are no stutters. Just a thought

# 67 Kearnzo @ 02/27/13 09:53 PM
New stances look fantastic. I'm a stance whore, so this is good to see. The Upton brothers both look great. Harper's follow through, from what I could see, looked great on the no doubter.

Getting real excited about Tuesday.

# 68 bautistabomb @ 02/27/13 09:57 PM
lots of stuttering in the video. This has me concerned. I wonder if going the digital download route would help this in any way. Not smooth at all.

# 69 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
I understand that the commentary isn't where everyone wants it to be. After listening to Matt's Bryce Harper home run call in the 1st inning, and everyone complaining about it I tried to find a real life home run called from the playoffs..

Here is a call of a Brandon Phillips home run in game one against the Giants.....not everyone gets real excited on a home run in the 1st inning of a playoff game.

It is somewhat similar to the call in The Show, maybe the announcer from the Phillip's home run said "Goooone" with a little bit more enthusiasm than Vasgersian.

LOL, funny thing is that second homerun call is actually Matt Vasgersian.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 70 nick_sr @ 02/27/13 10:04 PM
this might be the last year i buy this game for awhile. love this franchise to death but for a guy who listens to baseball on the radio, the commentary simply needs to be better. only watched 4 mins of the vid because I was disappointed.

# 71 Perfect Zero @ 02/27/13 10:05 PM
People thinking that the commentary is the easiest thing to do just make me laugh. That's twice as true with Baseball, as there are constant chess matches going on in the game. Go watch your local guys on television and think about how that can translate into a game. What do broadcasters do when there is no action on the field? Do they announce every count or do they bring fourth anecdotes and interesting statistics? There is only so much they can do with what they are using; they aren't going to get these guys to come sit in your living rooms and call every play.

Hell, they could bring Jack Buck and Harry Carry from the grave, throw in Vin Scully and have Fred Astaire **** tap dance through the whole seventh inning stretch and there would be calls from people that say the commentary is still boring or everything in the sound department needs a redux. No pleasing some people I guess...

# 72 crains13 @ 02/27/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

Haha I listened to it, but I didnt pay attention to who it was. I'm gonna listen to it again.
Edit: Ok well maybe Matty doesn't get that excited in The Show.

# 73 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 10:09 PM
Quote:

Geez how I miss him commentating for the Padres... I wonder how much I'd have to pay to have him sit in my living room and commentate while I play The Show

# 74 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
this might be the last year i buy this game for awhile. love this franchise to death but for a guy who listens to baseball on the radio, the commentary simply needs to be better. only watched 4 mins of the vid because I was disappointed.
To be fair, radio broadcasters are more animated and descriptive with the purpose of giving you a visual that you cannot see. So radio broadcast =/= television broadcast.

# 75 Jgainsey @ 02/27/13 10:13 PM
The commentary is pretty below average in The Show, but I'm a little confused as to why this is suddenly such a hot topic in this thread.. Did I miss the announcement they made about improved commentary? I'm pretty sure there wasn't one, so I don't really see what the issue is here.

If anything worthwhile had been reworked with the commentary, we would have known about it. SCEA would've promoted the **** out of something like that.

The commentary in The Show isn't good. It hasn't really ever been good... We all know it. So why would it be any different this year?

Anyways, I loved the video there, and I can't wait to pick up the game next week. Game looks great as always.

# 76 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
People thinking that the commentary is the easiest thing to do just make me laugh. That's twice as true with Baseball, as there are constant chess matches going on in the game. Go watch your local guys on television and think about how that can translate into a game. What do broadcasters do when there is no action on the field? Do they announce every count or do they bring fourth anecdotes and interesting statistics? There is only so much they can do with what they are using; they aren't going to get these guys to come sit in your living rooms and call every play.
This made chuckle thinking about all the stuff Mario and Rod (FOX Detroit) talk about that is irrelevant to baseball! Lmao, Rod is one funny mofo! He's not trying to be tho...

"Ohhhh Jackson!!" Lol

# 77 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/27/13 10:18 PM
I thought the new audio sounded amazing and the presentation was gorgeous. Maybe it is because I do not care too much about commentary as I care about the sounds on the field and crowd.

Strange to see so much negativity on commentary when like Jgainsey said, they never said they improved it.

# 78 JustinVerlander35 @ 02/27/13 10:21 PM
Quote:
This made chuckle thinking about all the stuff Mario and Rod (FOX Detroit) talk about that is irrelevant to baseball! Lmao, Rod is one funny mofo! He's not trying to be tho...

"Ohhhh Jackson!!" Lol

Those two are god awful. Especially Rod Allen. They're so bad I mute my TV and listen to Dan and Jim. Even though Jim Price is kind of hard to listen to. Dan Dickerson is awesome.

I really like Gary Cohen, Ron Darling, and Keith Hernandez. Whenever I watch a Mets broadcast I feel so involved in the game. The way they bounce their knowledge of the game off each other and explain each situation is amazing.

# 79 Gagnon39 @ 02/27/13 10:26 PM
I thought they said they lowered the pitch speed. It still seems incredibly fast to me.

# 80 spike83 @ 02/27/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
lots of stuttering in the video. This has me concerned. I wonder if going the digital download route would help this in any way. Not smooth at all.
I brought this up on page 5 of this thread. Apparently everyone is so intent on railing on the commentary that we may all be missing the bigger picture here...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.