Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from.
Why in the WORLD would they re-do the gameplay?
Seriously.

...and to ignore everything else and imply it's "a roster update"....well I'd like to not violate T.O.S. ...so I'll leave it up to your imaginations

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 102 dran1984 @ 02/27/13 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from. If you look more closely as you are suggesting its easy to see improvements, especially on such a short development cycle.

The graphics have improved for sure...but alot of the work has been put into the show live, revamped franschise, rtts, and other modes. We can't expect the look of the game to improve dramatically every year. That's not a realistic expectation.
 
# 103 fsufan4423 @ 02/27/13 11:41 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to implement about 5 or 6 emotional reactions on random scoring plays in certain situations? I mean, scoring plays that take the lead after the 7th ining!

Com'on, I can think of 6 lines I would remove and replace right now.

Lead off homers for any ining!!! How often would that happen? I would like to see Matt V just go nuts after a big play.

Games still looks amazing though.
 
# 104 MrOldboy @ 02/27/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why in the WORLD would they re-do the gameplay?
Seriously.

...and to ignore everything else and imply it's "a roster update"....well I'd like to not violate T.O.S. ...so I'll leave it up to your imaginations

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly, why would they. I think that people making these posts are just expecting too much. But you have to look at it from their perspective instead of just saying they're crazy. There are a lot of non-OS consumers out there and to some that's what it might look like. If you look at non-sports specific game media its a big complaint of sports games because they don't look as deep as we do.
 
# 105 ralphieboy11 @ 02/27/13 11:44 PM
I've always thought the commentary was rather good, but I got into the Show a little late. I guess I can understand why it has become a little stale for those that have been playing for many years.

Regarding the rest, you are not going to pick up on everything that's been done by watching an inning of cpu vs. cpu anyway.

Did anyone notice how Zimmerman reacted on the ground ball from Freeman? He took his time and wasn't so quick to react. I liked that much better! In '12 he would have thrown him out when he was halfway down the line.
 
# 106 leinhart_6 @ 02/27/13 11:48 PM
Was very excited to see some new gameplay and the presentation was looking pretty good. However commentary is still dull as ever.. Where are these extended conversations they were talking about with Steve Lyons?

All in all I'm still excited for this game, but commentary is definitely a big let down...
 
# 107 nomo17k @ 02/27/13 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Exactly, why would they. I think that people making these posts are just expecting too much. But you have to look at it from their perspective instead of just saying they're crazy. There are a lot of non-OS consumers out there and to some that's what it might look like. If you look at non-sports specific game media its a big complaint of sports games because they don't look as deep as we do.
I bet the vast majority of these people wouldn't even bother looking at a gameplay video shot like this, posted on a web site like this. People who hang around here are mostly repeaters, who should know a bit better.....

Like, you watch MLB games this year and say, "well, the sport hasn't gotten any better compared to last year..... looks pretty similar to me. what has Bud Selig been doing?? Baseball has been a mere roster update the past few years...."

What can they do about it.....
 
# 108 authentic @ 02/27/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They don't manage it ( This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game. ), but if you think they do, then alright.
Please. NBA 2k13 has fantastic commentary. As hard as it may be for some people to admit, the MLB 2k series has great commentary as well. Commentary in The Show has always been it's huge flaw. I agree, the commentary is flat and boring.
 
# 109 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 11:53 PM
I don't personally have much of a problem with the commentary, but I'd like to see more of the emotion that Vasgersian has...This has been posted before but is a great example:

 
# 110 dran1984 @ 02/27/13 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Please. NBA 2k13 has fantastic commentary. As hard as it may be for some people to admit, the MLB 2k series has great commentary as well. Commentary in The Show has always been it's huge flaw. I agree, the commentary is flat and boring.
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game. I agree on The Show being dull...but 2k while its good still gets annoying.
 
# 111 authentic @ 02/27/13 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game.
I've heard the same commentary for 6 years on this game. At least with NBA 2k they relate to your active franchise mode you're playing, and show emotion.
 
# 112 Knight165 @ 02/27/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea...the first few games. After that you hear the same story or covo every damn game.
He does have a point.
....ALL games get repetitive.....for me...to the point of just hearing the stadium sounds and announcer after about 20 games.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 113 Arod2k9 @ 02/27/13 11:57 PM
I'm stunned at the negativity this video has created, the great thing about MLB The Show is that they keep what works and improve on it. Take a look at player models in '09 and compare them to '13. Compare ball physics, lighting, stadiums, atmosphere, and see how much is has improved every single year. This game is light years ahead of any sports game. I think this game nails it in every single facet, and again they don't re-invent the wheel or add modes or take out things they keep what works and that by itself is perfect for me.
 
# 114 videobastard @ 02/27/13 11:57 PM
Im hoping the next gen mlb the show games get drastically better commentary and crowd sounds. When it comes to these sports games im a immersion whore. This series is just too good to not have a complete overall package soon.
 
# 115 dran1984 @ 02/27/13 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I don't personally have much of a problem with the commentary, but I'd like to see more of the emotion that Vasgersian has...This has been posted before but is a great example of his emotion:

Matt V. gets a bad rap because of his commentary in The Show. When he records his lines they sound like he just reads them off of the paper instead of sounding like he is watching a game.
 
# 116 eaw913 @ 02/28/13 12:00 AM
Hearing Vasgersian's real-life commentary got me excited for baseball. I wish that excitement was carried over into the game. I have never even heard him get that loud... insane!

Anyway, still love the game. Very excited for Tuesday
 
# 117 dran1984 @ 02/28/13 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I've heard the same commentary for 6 years on this game. At least with NBA 2k they relate to your active franchise mode you're playing, and show emotion.
Don't get me wrong..I get annoyed with The Shows commentary too. I was just saying that all games get that way. I would love if they had franchise relative commentary in The Show.
 
# 118 Arod2k9 @ 02/28/13 12:02 AM
This is what Russell has been saying for years and I'm glad to have a development team that cares for its community and fan base. Its baseball people, we are adults here. I wouldn't want to be playing the Show at 8am Saturday morning and commentators screaming their lungs out. I like the beauty in this game and I hope this simplicity continues for a long long time!
 
# 119 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He does have a point.
....ALL games get repetitive.....for me...to the point of just hearing the stadium sounds and announcer after about 20 games.

M.K.
Knight165
Repetitiveness is inevitable on this current gen, I know that. The only reason I would put NBA above The Show is because it's amusing at times, they actually say things that are intriguing, they show emotion when it's expected. As for MLB 2k's commentary, I never really found it repetitive, although I didn't play the game since the current systems came out. If you compare MLB The Show, MLB 2k, NBA 2k, Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, and FIFA, The Show is near the bottom of that list in terms of commentary. Other aspects, it's arguably the top game every year.
 
# 120 ARoid1313 @ 02/28/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
It was one inning of a game, one home-run. There are more than 1 home run animation and more than 3 or 4 cutscenes (however many were in that video). Wait until you play the game before talking about how "disappointing" it is.
first impressions go a long way sir
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.