Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post


Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Don't get me wrong..I get annoyed with The Shows commentary too. I was just saying that all games get that way. I would love if they had franchise relative commentary in The Show.
They do, but last year I was already sick of the commentary by day 3 or 4. I just feel like it's been the same base for 7 years, and they add a couple random lines and openers each year. Oh well, hopefully by next year the new system will improve these very small aspects of the game.
 
# 122 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, this game looks great. Commentary doesn't have any real effect on how I would rate this game. I just wish the commentary was more in depth. There will always be one part of a game that people complain about, it's how it is, but in no way did this video make the game "disappointing."
 
# 123 dran1984 @ 02/28/13 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
They do, but last year I was already sick of the commentary by day 3 or 4. I just feel like it's been the same base for 7 years, and they add a couple random lines and openers each year. Oh well, hopefully by next year the new system will improve these very small aspects of the game.

I def agree. I wonder if The Show Live will be any improvement as they are supposed to have up to date commentary each game.
 
# 124 Shakedowncapo @ 02/28/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
New stances look fantastic. I'm a stance whore, so this is good to see. The Upton brothers both look great. Harper's follow through, from what I could see, looked great on the no doubter.

Getting real excited about Tuesday.
My first upload(hopefully Saturday) will be one big batting stance video. Just wondering how to take requests.
 
# 125 crains13 @ 02/28/13 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
first impressions go a long way sir
Suit yourself...I bet you still get the game.
 
# 126 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I def agree. I wonder if The Show Live will be any improvement as they are supposed to have up to date commentary each game.
I have a feeling that commentary is just going to be a random update each game about how they did in the previous game or something record wise. Commentary relating to previous seasons for players, player backgrounds/history, etc is something I think would be a huge addition. I just hope a complete overhaul of this section of the game is done when they release for the PS4.
 
# 127 Sco291 @ 02/28/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cowboys22
i agree 300% with slthree their is no excuse for the commentary to be so dry year after year just terrible.....a baseball game can get pretty boring without good commentary to help keep you going IMO.That's mostly why I rather play mlb2k cause their commentary is way better just not the overall package.
Hey man haha I HATE dead, dry commentary too. But not for nothing, if you're playing 2K over The Show JUST for the commentray when the overall package is clearly lacking, ...then, I don't know, I find that very concerning lol
 
# 128 dran1984 @ 02/28/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I have a feeling that commentary is just going to be a random update each game about how they did in the previous game or something record wise. Commentary relating to previous seasons for players, player backgrounds/history, etc is something I think would be a huge addition. I just hope a complete overhaul of this section of the game is done when they release for the PS4.

Yea, I can't see them sitting the team down daily to record a few lines of commentary.
 
# 129 Padgoi @ 02/28/13 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why in the WORLD would they re-do the gameplay?
Seriously.

...and to ignore everything else and imply it's "a roster update"....well I'd like to not violate T.O.S. ...so I'll leave it up to your imaginations

M.K.
Knight165
That's probably a good idea because if you didn't. . . well, I'll leave that up to your imagination.
 
# 130 Knight165 @ 02/28/13 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
That's probably a good idea because if you didn't. . . well, I'll leave that up to your imagination.
Yeah..okay.


M.K.
Knight165
 
# 131 speels @ 02/28/13 12:23 AM
Here's my thing with commentary. People who expect real life commentary are never going to be satisfied with any commentary in a video game. The problem, there is a finite number of lines you can put into a game due to limits on memory and such, however, in real life, you have an infinite number of things you can say. For example, let's say that everyone on you team gets a hit in the first inning, how do you expect the Show to have 9 different variations of "------ hits a single"? You can't because you don't have the room. Also, Bryce Harper getting his 8th homerun of the season is a lot less exciting than a walkoff in the bottom of the ninth, so how can you record different excitement levels for the same line, this takes space and maybe the PS4 will allow more of this, but I still wouldn't get my hopes up. As a human I have millions of words that I can arrange to make a sentence, but in the Show they record sentences and have to fit them into what happens on the game. Until they can just have a list of words and combine them in any combination, it will not change. They can do this now, but then it would sound very robotic......think Steven Hawking!!

I am just happy that the gameplay improves every year and that I can shut off the commentary and just listen to the ballpark sounds.

As a side note, I find it really funny that people complain about the lousy commentary and yet when word came that RTTS was dropping some commentary for a better "on the filed experience" the same people were like...."Oh noes, what about the commentary????"
 
# 132 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yeah..okay.


M.K.
Knight165
Deep breath MK...lol
 
# 133 Lovesports @ 02/28/13 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The graphics have improved for sure...but alot of the work has been put into the show live, revamped franschise, rtts, and other modes. We can't expect the look of the game to improve dramatically every year. That's not a realistic expectation.
Player models are exactly the same. In fact, for fun I played MLB 10 the show last night and realized that the player models have barely changed in 3 years. I bet you couldnt tell which year I was playing if I posted a video. But that's neither here or there. The game is great but the commentary is weak. There is no need to defend it...its just plain and boring. Im still buying it though
 
# 134 woz411 @ 02/28/13 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its understandable though that to some the game would look like a roster update. The gameplay has not been redone, it does look very similar. Its the little things that were changed and they are noticed by a lot of people. But at a broad look I can see where people are coming from. If you look more closely as you are suggesting its easy to see improvements, especially on such a short development cycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
game looks exactly the same
you both cant REALLY think this is just a roster update? HAve you seen all the ****ing blogs explaining what was updated or changed?
 
# 135 Knight165 @ 02/28/13 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Deep breath MK...lol
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 136 authentic @ 02/28/13 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
I must be missing something if you're laughing...

It's late...haha
 
# 137 woz411 @ 02/28/13 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
It was one inning of a game, one home-run. There are more than 1 home run animation and more than 3 or 4 cutscenes (however many were in that video). Wait until you play the game before talking about how "disappointing" it is.
exactly...
 
# 138 Bahnzo @ 02/28/13 12:31 AM
Wow.....14+ pages about commentary? Really? Did I miss something where it was announced that commentary was up for a revamp this year? Because if not, then I don't get it.

Sure, it's pretty bad. But after all these years did you really expect it to change...or SCEA to dump $$$'s into it at this late stage? Besides, who doesn't just skip thru it after a few games anyhow?

I didn't see anything really that exciting from the video. I'm guessing it was CPUvCPU? I did notice some stuttering/hiccups in there which is unfortunate. I didn't really see anything new with hit variety (but 1 inning only).
 
# 139 dran1984 @ 02/28/13 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Player models are exactly the same. In fact, for fun I played MLB 10 the show last night and realized that the player models have barely changed in 3 years. I bet you couldnt tell which year I was playing if I posted a video. But that's neither here or there. The game is great but the commentary is weak. There is no need to defend it...its just plain and boring. Im still buying it though

First of all..I wasn't defending anything. Second of all, to suggest that the game is just a roster update is ridiculous and it disregards everything that has been put out by SCEA about the game.
 
# 140 woz411 @ 02/28/13 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Wow.....14+ pages about commentary? Really? Did I miss something where it was announced that commentary was up for a revamp this year? Because if not, then I don't get it.

Sure, it's pretty bad. But after all these years did you really expect it to change...or SCEA to dump $$$'s into it at this late stage? Besides, who doesn't just skip thru it after a few games anyhow?

I didn't see anything really that exciting from the video. I'm guessing it was CPUvCPU? I did notice some stuttering/hiccups in there which is unfortunate. I didn't really see anything new with hit variety (but 1 inning only).
EXACTLY (re bolded) ITS ONE ****ING INNING. you cant get a feel for the game watching ONE INNING... Its like saying the yankees have a **** offense after watching them going 123 in the first inning, and then turning the game off
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.