Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted a few MLB 13 The Show videos, which include gameplay and commentary from a Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs game, as well as ballpark views from Turner Field and Wrigley Field.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sink4ever @ 03/01/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Just because it "looks" the same doesn't necessarily mean its the same game. And if it was "basically" the same game, there wouldn't have been a fact sheet with 50+ new features and improvements.
Good point, and I think this may be the crux of the issue. It seems that there are two main voices I'm hearing. One is the people who have played the game, and so far the impressions seem very positive. The other is the people who have watched clips of the game and declare it to be "basically the same".

Actually, having '12 and '13 look similar is not a bad thing, as they both look like baseball. That's kind of the point. Change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing.

And I think if you look at the list of improvements, you'll find that it's mostly focused on gameplay and improvements to the various modes. Franchise has been revamped, RTTS improved, the The Show Live has been added, yet people watch an inning of a regular season game and declare nothing has been changed.

Plus, the adjusted hitting window and improved ball physics are things that probably can't be truly appreciated until you have the controller in your hand and can "feel" the difference for yourself.

If the people playing the game (either at CD or early copies) had reservations or poor reviews, I may be a little concerned. However, it seems the only negative statements are coming from those who basing their entire opinions on small snippets of video.

# 42 woz411 @ 03/01/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Bingo!...hope theyve been working on ps4 version for past 2 years.
yah, no....... and you know the person you are quoting, is basing it off LESS THEN ONE FULL GAME..... dont judge until you actualy see a game+ in its entirerty

# 43 crains13 @ 03/01/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Bingo!...hope theyve been working on ps4 version for past 2 years.
Are you getting '13 or not? If not get off of here and quit bashing it. Do you have anything positive you would like to say negative Nancy.

# 44 WhiteMan22 @ 03/01/13 05:13 PM
Did you guys see that one dude in the crowd get stabbed?

I like how the game translates great with the city that it is in. Opening is amazing, and I can't wait for Tuesday.

# 45 econoodle @ 03/01/13 06:21 PM
Quote:
Are you getting '13 or not? If not get off of here and quit bashing it. Do you have anything positive you would like to say negative Nancy.
come on now.
if he went nuts saying how its the best thing since sliced bread, would you tell him to stop complimenting the game and say something negative?
ok then, let the man have his say.
this is starting to get touchy in here as it always doe the weekend before the game.

stop taking things so personal.
none of us have stock in the company.

# 46 woz411 @ 03/01/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
come on now.
if he went nuts saying how its the best thing since sliced bread, would you tell him to stop complimenting the game and say something negative?
this is starting to get touchy in here as it always doe the weekend before the game.

Only reason why we are doing this is becuase they are saying that 2013 the show is not much different then 2012 version, which is 1000000% false, and its evident they did not do their research

# 47 econoodle @ 03/01/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Only reason why we are doing this is becuase they are saying that 2013 the show is not much different then 2012 version, which is 1000000% false, and its evident they did not do their research

understood.
but maybe its not different in terms of the things important to them.
maybe the things they are looking to have changed/upgraded/improved are still the same or just a slight upgrade.
i don't know.
i hear ya, but i dont know. lets not get all protective of the game, a game WE haven't even played yet. lol

# 48 crains13 @ 03/01/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
come on now.

Its just annoying seeing the same 4 people saying ONLY negative things and being nitpicky...."Its the same as '12.... nothing was add...its a roster update"....without even have played the damn game. It's funny how many people bash The Show but will still end up buying it and playing the hell out of it.

# 49 econoodle @ 03/01/13 06:47 PM
Quote:
Its just annoying seeing the same 4 people saying ONLY negative things and being nitpicky...."Its the same as '12.... nothing was add...its a roster update"....without even have played the damn game. It's funny how many people bash The Show but will still end up buying it and playing the hell out of it.

like i said to woz, i understand the feelings, but if they wanna bash n'buy, let em. Lord knows if done that with games before.
Plus spending 60 beans on these bad boys gives us a bit of room to vent.

IMO from what i have seen, taking away the Scorebug, it looks the same to me.
Granted its only from 5 videos or so, but its too familiar again. Plus I feel the commentary has somehow gotten worse. lol

Maybe this is a reason to bring back the demo of the game. Some are saying you need to feel it by playing, but I got duped lt year with Real Time Physics.
Played 50 games and hardly saw any improvement.

Fielders got to everything
Balls were bouncing like a karaoke sing a long.
yada yada yada.
I dont want to sound like I am bashing but, this is they way i feel and when i see others gettin hammered for stuff I might say, albeit in different words, i wanna jump in and say things.

its all good though.

# 50 crains13 @ 03/01/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
like i said to woz, i understand the feelings, but if they wanna bash n'buy, let em. Lord knows if done that with games before.
Plus spending 60 beans on these bad boys gives us a bit of room to vent.

IMO from what i have seen, taking away the Scorebug, it looks the same to me.
Granted its only from 5 videos or so, but its too familiar again. Plus I feel the commentary has somehow gotten worse. lol

Maybe this is a reason to bring back the demo of the game. Some are saying you need to feel it by playing, but I got duped lt year with Real Time Physics.
Played 50 games and hardly saw any improvement.

Fielders got to everything
Balls were bouncing like a karaoke sing a long.
yada yada yada.
I dont want to sound like I am bashing but, this is they way i feel and when i see others gettin hammered for stuff I might say, albeit in different words, i wanna jump in and say things.

its all good though.
I get what you are trying to say, however, all I'm trying to get across is to actually play the game first. If the game it bad then or the same, fine bash it. But don't base your opinions off of 4 or 5 one inning videos, that's it.

# 51 Aschulz484 @ 03/01/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy24
Was it just me or did it look like the cubs had two road alternates? Extra uniform slots?
I went back and looked at that part again. Interesting and hopefully they do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

# 52 Spaced Ace @ 03/02/13 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack4070
Whoa. Never seen that Cubs road alternate before. That was cool!!!!!!
I don't see those jerseys on the Cubs website. Maybe they haven't unveiled them yet? I've never seen them before.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.