Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Los Angeles Angels vs. Detroit Tigers.

Thanks ChubbyBanana!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 econoodle @ 03/01/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I have not tried this Knight. Makes a bit of sense though.

I've noticed some messages about cell phones, skates, and sheep that come up during the menus that must be coming from the show servers. Perhaps if I disconnect from the Internet these hiccups wouldn't happen.
what the f......

Now seeing a few videos, haven't seen much in terms of TruBroadcast 2.0 changes.

Seems identical in cut-aways and cameras during gameplay, and I played a ton of 12.

# 22 ChubbyBanana @ 03/01/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
what the f......

Now seeing a few videos, haven't seen much in terms of TruBroadcast 2.0 changes.

Seems identical in cut-aways and cameras during gameplay, and I played a ton of 12.
There are some camera angles and things that I've seen in 13 that I didn't see in 12. Most noticeably when people are on base there are some different defensive shots. like the pan from left to right of the basepaths and different replay angles on strikeouts.

Maybe they aren't that new but I hadn't seen them before. That or I dont' remember.

# 23 econoodle @ 03/01/13 02:20 PM
Quote:
There are some camera angles and things that I've seen in 13 that I didn't see in 12. Most noticeably when people are on base there are some different defensive shots. like the pan from left to right of the basepaths and different replay angles on strikeouts.

Maybe they aren't that new but I hadn't seen them before. That or I dont' remember.
thanks nana, anything new in terms of OSD's?

# 24 ChubbyBanana @ 03/01/13 02:38 PM
I played with "Fast" presentation on a bit last year, so I'm not sure if some of these are new.

There's a weather information box after first or second pitch that looks new. Also in about the 6th inning with C.C. they showed a pitch tracker graphic that showed not only his pitch count but how many of each pitch type he had thrown.

# 25 econoodle @ 03/01/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
I played with "Fast" presentation on a bit last year, so I'm not sure if some of these are new.

There's a weather information box after first or second pitch that looks new. Also in about the 6th inning with C.C. they showed a pitch tracker graphic that showed not only his pitch count but how many of each pitch type he had thrown.
thanks, again.

how long does fast play take?

# 26 ChubbyBanana @ 03/01/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
thanks, again.

how long does fast play take?
Haven't played a game in 13 with it on but I was getting through them in 45 minutes I want to say in MLB 12

# 27 Dr.Livingdead @ 03/01/13 03:30 PM
We look good. Trout, Hamilton, Trumbo all with new stances. Vargas looks solid too. Can't wait for Tuesday!

# 28 MVP9072 @ 03/01/13 04:05 PM
Cabrera would have bombed that pitch

# 29 ChubbyBanana @ 03/01/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Cabrera would have bombed that pitch
If I wasn't controlling the Tigers he'd have a better shot....

# 30 Doogie09 @ 03/04/13 03:16 PM
Does the "ANGELS" on Anaheim's uniforms seem a bit smaller than it should be? Just looks a little small when compared to their real uniform.

# 31 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/04/13 04:22 PM
Does the crowd ever sit down, or are they up jumping around the entire game?

# 32 stealyerface @ 03/04/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
After watching a few videos on this game, I actually became less excited for it..but...after watching this video, I am definitely gonna be buying on Tuesday. Graphics look crisp, almost like they were improved just a scoche. From Trout stepping in to begin the game, to Vargas on the mound, things looked good.

The only gripe I have is the fielding seems to be hurried. I don't think a fielder (in this case, SS) could get into a slide and get that kind of strength into the throw all happening that fast. This might be the only game I need to get me through the end of th PS3 era...
Nuke, the fielding looks hurried because the fielding speed needs to be turned down. As does the arm strength and range for fielding as well. After I tweaked these sliders last year, the game slows down, as do the animations, and the guys look less like they are spastic dervishes out in the clay. Once the sliders get the guys to the speed of their real life counterparts, you'll see the movements look so much better, and less of a hectic craziness to the players.

~syf

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.