Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Now that the game is released to all, this is the place to post your impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for questions. Please use the MLB 13 The Show Q&A thread for that.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 pdawg17 @ 03/05/13 05:34 PM
Just wish SCEA would change the "Let's Go A's" chant (it sounds like 5 low-pitch voices chanting it) to "Let's Go Oakland" boom, boom boomboomboom like us fans do at every A's game. Would immediately make the atmosphere at the O.co much more immersive...

# 42 El Rustito @ 03/05/13 05:43 PM
Initially tried out batting practice with Aaron Hill. Enjoyed the new hitting angle after you make contact. More involving than previous editions. Pitching practice felt good too, if similar to previous installments.

Did an exhibition game between the Diamondbacks (myself) against the Braves. Since it's spring training, I chose Flagstone Field as the stadium and chose to use the warmup uniforms, but the Braves just wore their usual roadies. Not sure how to choose unis for the opposing team, honestly, or if it's possible. Came across some stuttering around the fourth and fifth innings, but then it died off. Game felt a little slower than previous installments for some reason.

Loaded up RTTS, made myself as a second baseman in the D-backs organization. To be honest, I'm not entirely sold on the new features yet, as I find the zoom in-zoom out between actions a bit irritating compared to the simple "fast-forwarding to your next blah blah blah" from older games. But I noticed it less and less as the first game wore on. I do like having a little more control on the field, such as being able to look around again, and at the jumbotron and third base coach.

Just tried to start a Diamond Dynasty team, and no matter what name I type in for my team, I get an "An error has occurred on the server" message. Will just try this later, I guess. Really hoping we can be the home team now in offline games.

# 43 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/05/13 05:51 PM
I've played around 13 innings so far, have yet to see a first pitch ball by the AI.

# 44 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/05/13 05:52 PM
The damn baseball is still huge in the fielding cameras for the Vita version. Ugh.

# 45 Scott @ 03/05/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I've played around 13 innings so far, have yet to see a first pitch ball by the AI.
Try adjusting the sliders...

# 46 HandsomeJack @ 03/05/13 05:58 PM
It's going on 3 years now and the Twins STILL don't have a stripe on their road gray pants. I've always secretly laughed at people that freak out about uniform issues but I really find this infuriating. Plain gray pants are boring, that one stripe does a lot to break up the monotony.

# 47 metal134 @ 03/05/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rustito
Just tried to start a Diamond Dynasty team, and no matter what name I type in for my team, I get an "An error has occurred on the server" message. Will just try this later, I guess. Really hoping we can be the home team now in offline games.
Yeah, I keep getting this as well.

# 48 S2S @ 03/05/13 06:07 PM
So I got to play my first game. Incase anybody is wondering I have it on the disk and I did the 10GB install.

First game I play as the Braves with Medlen starting at The Mets with Johan. We played at the minor league stadium with a rollercoaster in the back to the right, I forget the name but it's a new one.

So I started it on Veteran and I got two hits, Both singles in the top of the 1st but score nothing. Bottom of the first, I have Ruben Tejada look at a curve for strike 1, Then a 2 seamer for strike 2. I go back to the curve but it hangs and he cranks it over.

Well I get the run back in McCann's first at bat. Johan threw a first pitch fastball and I was sitting on it and I tore it into the right field bleachers, It was a screamer. I got a trophy " Dead red " or something.

So I'm down 3 to 1 in the 6th. But Simmons hits a single, Heyward hits a triple then Justin Upton hits another first pitch fastball into the left field bleachers, It was a shot. I screamed at it to get out of there.

I ended up winning 11 to 3. I batted around in the 6th. The Mets made a couple of errors to prolong the inning.

But it was a great first game, I came a double short of a cycle with Justin Upton and they kept talking about it in my last at bat trying to get it and after the game.

But I hit a ball with Jason Heyward and it looked like a normal fly ball out to the left fielder but it sliced and it landed a few feet infront of him. It was a nice thing to see cause I thought it was caught from the second I hit it but it just sliced and fell right infront of the fielder a couple feet.

I haven't seen any stuttering yet but overall a great game again by SCEA.

# 49 Rasco11 @ 03/05/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The throwing accuracy meter is a nice addition and keeps you on your toes.
I had 5 errors my first game! Lol

# 50 JoeMimic @ 03/05/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrook
What is everyone's impressions of the new Begginer Mode that supposedly makes this game more accessible? I have always loved the idea of this game but from playing the demo from a few years ago for ~10 hours and still being terrible at hitting I have shrugged off the purchase. When I saw this year that there is a mode that adapts to how well you play, I got pretty excited. I was curious as to if anyone has used this yet and have any insights to how well it works.
When it says beginner it means beginner...First game I threw a complete game shutout 3 hitter with Sabathia and struck out 17 while scoring 13 runs. Second game I threw another complete game shutout this one a six hitter with Pettitte struck out 10 and I scored 15 runs and I had 27 hits.

You have to be terrible not to smash the computer on this mode.

# 51 pistolpete @ 03/05/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
That's disconcerting.

# 52 Majingir @ 03/05/13 06:38 PM
lol, killed Mariners

Angels: 14 runs,22 hits
Mariners: 4 runs,7 hits

Angels struck out 8 times
Mariners struck out 7 times

Angels with 4 doubles
Mariners with 3 doubles

Angels with 2HR
Mariners with 2HR

Hamilton: 4-6,5RBI,HR

96% of my pitches were strikes
77% of CPU pitches were strikes

Played 3 games already with some numbers being similar, so gonna start adjusting CPU strike frequency and my pitcher control and see what happens.

# 53 erich20012001 @ 03/05/13 06:52 PM
Just had Marco Scutaro lose 10 points in a bunch of attributes right at the start of the season. If this was on purpose, I think it's a cool way to have a player dramatically lose skill. If not, I'll post it in the bug thread later.

# 54 BravesBoy @ 03/05/13 07:03 PM
Quote:
Weird..I'm getting them fairly often

# 55 redsfan4life @ 03/05/13 07:04 PM
First AB hit one off the wall in LF with Choo off Wainwright. Went on to get 4 runs on 6 hits in the inning. Guess there's no rust for me

This is on All-Star difficulty.

# 56 redsfan4life @ 03/05/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Weird..I'm getting them fairly often
Same here. Walked twice the first inning I played lol. Be patient.

# 57 BravesBoy @ 03/05/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Exactly, if your willing to be patient and watch pitches your gonna see plenty of balls. I've gotten into a 2-0 count several times in the 3,4 games ive played so far

# 58 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/05/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I've had several walks. It's just every first pitch has been a strike thru about 2 games now.

# 59 pokerlife @ 03/05/13 07:12 PM
Just got done checking the game out!
Have to say after watching all the early gameplay videos from those who got there early copies had me a little disappointed.

It looked like the same game as last year.. All i can say is you have to play it to feel the difference. The fielding animations and the game itself is soooo much smoother and just feels right.
To be honest it doesn't even feel like the show to me. Hard to explain but it just feels like a fresh experience .

Loving the new throw meter and how the plays at first look just right in regards to how the close the runner is to being safe or out.. Absolutely perfect!

# 60 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/05/13 07:13 PM
Is there anything that can be done about this stuttering? It is happening almost every pitch when the ball comes out of the pitchers hand. It is making the game almost unplayable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.