Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Now that the game is released to all, this is the place to post your impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for questions. Please use the MLB 13 The Show Q&A thread for that.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 881 BigWilly @ 08/01/13 11:05 AM
As a couple of others have mentioned, one small gripe I have is there are too many balls fielded cleanly by the pitcher. Further, too many balls actually hit the pitcher, and worse, ~85% of the balls I've hit off the pitcher end up fielded in time to throw my runner out at 1st. It's like the fielders are clairvoyant and react without a fraction of a delay and are on the ball in an instant.

I hit a line drive off a pitchers forehead once and he left the game. It's the only time I've seen a pitcher leave after getting hit, and I thought it was pretty cool.

# 882 DJ @ 08/01/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Do you guys hate Pulse Pitching? The reason I ask is that I turn everything off, except the scorebug, and that gives me a clean screen (except for the pulsating target.) I have to hit select every once in a while to remember the pitches my pitchers throw since it's not on the screen, but I think that keeps me more engaged as a pitcher.
I didn't like it in 12, only because the target gave me a headache. From what I understand the interface is better in 13, but I haven't tried it yet.

# 883 Cavicchi @ 08/01/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWilly
As a couple of others have mentioned, one small gripe I have is there are too many balls fielded cleanly by the pitcher. Further, too many balls actually hit the pitcher, and worse, ~85% of the balls I've hit off the pitcher end up fielded in time to throw my runner out at 1st. It's like the fielders are clairvoyant and react without a fraction of a delay and are on the ball in an instant.

I hit a line drive off a pitchers forehead once and he left the game. It's the only time I've seen a pitcher leave after getting hit, and I thought it was pretty cool.
I get that hitting the pitcher routine practically every game at least one time. 99.9% of the time they get my runner going to first.

# 884 RandyBass @ 09/12/13 12:21 AM
Coming back to this game after trying out this year's football offerings from EA... Soooooo refreshing. MLB feels like a real sports game, completely engrossing. Haven't even given a thought about buying a PS4, but will certainly keep my eye on this series as it transitions over, and who knows I may think again.

# 885 69Yanks @ 09/12/13 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Coming back to this game after trying out this year's football offerings from EA... Soooooo refreshing. MLB feels like a real sports game, completely engrossing. Haven't even given a thought about buying a PS4, but will certainly keep my eye on this series as it transitions over, and who knows I may think again.
That is why I do not buy EA games anymore. The Show does it right plus we can at least do some modding with sounds and faces.

# 886 Armor and Sword @ 10/14/13 12:42 PM
The Show 13 is a gem. Best console sports game ever.

Only NBA2K14 comes close!!!

In the post season of year one.......and as soon as that is over...I am moving on to finishing my 1988 season replay....then onto Knights forthcoming All-Time Teams roster for a short but sweet 82 game season mode.

# 887 SoxFan01605 @ 10/20/13 12:36 AM
I know this is a hot topic, so forgive me this indulgence (after all, I hardly post here anymore ):

I was thinking tonight, as I watched my Sox work their way to the WS (WOO!), about some of the complaints with this series about comebacks and late inning play. I've read people's comments about how you will shut a team down all game, then in the late innings they'll suddenly get some lucky plays and big hits to take the lead before shutting back down. It seems scripted to people.

Now, I'm not saying a single series is definitive, nor am I dismissing legitimate gripes with The Show's mechanics or AI that can result in some frustrating moments, but that basically described how the Sox just clawed their way to the WS...timely hits, timely outs, and a bit of luck. It seemed they got just what they needed and then shut back down...like it was scripted...right down to who came through and when. There were other, more tangible things at play, of course: better bullpen play, some questionable managerial decisions, etc, but the same can often be said in The Show as well. Baseball is funny that way and it makes for some awesome, almost cinematic or seemingly magical moments that I think this series captures so very well.

Anyway, back to my hole!

# 888 thaSLAB @ 10/20/13 01:17 AM
Congrats to you guys SoxFan...

Also along those same lines, the default team rankings for MLB 13 caused much grumblings too:

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. LA Angels of Anaheim

Not too far off if you look at it now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

# 889 DamnYanks2 @ 10/20/13 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I know this is a hot topic, so forgive me this indulgence (after all, I hardly post here anymore ):

I was thinking tonight, as I watched my Sox work their way to the WS (WOO!), about some of the complaints with this series about comebacks and late inning play. I've read people's comments about how you will shut a team down all game, then in the late innings they'll suddenly get some lucky plays and big hits to take the lead before shutting back down. It seems scripted to people.

Now, I'm not saying a single series is definitive, nor am I dismissing legitimate gripes with The Show's mechanics or AI that can result in some frustrating moments, but that basically described how the Sox just clawed their way to the WS...timely hits, timely outs, and a bit of luck. It seemed they got just what they needed and then shut back down...like it was scripted...right down to who came through and when. There were other, more tangible things at play, of course: better bullpen play, some questionable managerial decisions, etc, but the same can often be said in The Show as well. Baseball is funny that way and it makes for some awesome, almost cinematic or seemingly magical moments that I think this series captures so very well.

Anyway, back to my hole!
You need to post more again, you and enigma were two of my favorite posters on here, (ironically both redsox fans.) I agree, there is no comeback code except for on Legend maybe, I have to wonder about that difficulty, too many games I have played on there, have been one run games or ties, only to have the CPU hit a freaking home run on me everytime.

But, comebacks are part of the game, it's baseball it's never over. I'm sick of these comeback threads's though, every sports game forum has one, it's always on the player.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.