Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

Now that the game is released to all, this is the place to post your impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for questions. Please use the MLB 2K13 Q&A thread for that.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tvman @ 03/08/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus13
Liking the pitcher/hitter battles in this game as always. Especially in the late innings and u facing players like pujols, kemp..etc. Really add to the suspense and strategy of the game. I also find the glitches that plagued 2k12 sticking there little head up again. The pause glitch is still there, the jogging glitch is there and other issues that plagued 2k12. So I hope we get a patch list going real soon, because it will probably be June or July before a path comes. Since the colors have been fixed, they got that right, it's the fielding in the outfield that is terrible right now and needs too be tweaked really bad. I hope they take note and address these issues, other than the outfield play, I love the game.
Maybe we need to start a thread for issues that need patching (sticking to real issues). Not sure it'll do any good though.

# 82 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/08/13 12:23 PM
Man I'm in a tough 1 right now 4-4. Top 10 Yanks V DBacks.

EDIT: Lost 5-4 in 12. Here's a screen of the DBacks managing their bullpen. I think it was realistic. Sipp could have been pulled 1 inning earlier but he never was in trouble.

Jeter throwing error to start the 12th cost me. Great game all around

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 83 STLBluesFan25 @ 03/08/13 01:15 PM

# 84 DaveDQ @ 03/08/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBluesFan25
You were talking about what makes this game the type of game where you want to stay and play and how for some reason it draws your attention. As you said, the pitcher/batter experience, along with the commentary, has something going for it to where you can sit and just enjoy it. They break down so many things like where you are putting the ball on first pitches, what struck a guy out or what pitch you threw when he hit it out...it just makes for a very enjoyable core of baseball experience.

Somewhere along the way, this series was written off because of washed up colors and missing elements in various stadiums. That has been the "why this game sucks" for a long time. In no way am I saying the game is perfect, but looking back at how this game played with 2K8 etc., it has been greatly improved.

# 85 therizing02 @ 03/08/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Man I'm in a tough 1 right now 4-4. Top 10 Yanks V DBacks.

EDIT: Lost 5-4 in 12. Here's a screen of the DBacks managing their bullpen. I think it was realistic. Sipp could have been pulled 1 inning earlier but he never was in trouble.

Jeter throwing error to start the 12th cost me. Great game all around

BigJoe,

Are you still rolling with the sliders you have in the first post of your thread from 2K12? Seeing any HRs and extra base hits by the CPU?

# 86 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/08/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
BigJoe,

Are you still rolling with the sliders you have in the first post of your thread from 2K12? Seeing any HRs and extra base hits by the CPU?
Yes I am. The only changes right now are for IF/OF Speeds & Base Runner Speed.

IF Speed 15/OF Speed 25 Base Runner Speed 45

As for extra base hits I am seeing them. I'm trying to balance the way OF take angles to balls along with the way balls are coming off the bats this year.

Not to mention the way balls are rolling on the grass when hit, which this year seem different than other years. The ball seems to just keep going instead of dying due to the grass

# 87 tvman @ 03/08/13 03:00 PM
Is it still a requirement to have the strikezone ON in order for the Hitter's eye (text thing) to work?

# 88 Money99 @ 03/08/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Is it still a requirement to have the strikezone ON in order for the Hitter's eye (text thing) to work?
I believe so.

# 89 pistolpete @ 03/08/13 04:05 PM
I can dig it this year's version. I even moved the 360 to a new TV to really make it feel like a new experience.

# 90 scottyo60 @ 03/08/13 04:48 PM
Ok back with more impressions of the game. Played another game against the computer, Braves (me) vs. Astros. Don't remember the pitchers because they were not top of the rotation guys and still default sliders. Was a GREAT game winning 4-1. Hit an awkward homer with BJ Upton down and away which idk how triggered a HR. Regardless it was fun!

Now moving on to online. I HATE online play in most games due to most users playing weird etc. I played the first game, Washington (me) vs. Rangers. He was messing around it seemed the first inning, but after he started playing pretty good. Somehow I had 6 errors??? Made a fun wall climb in inning seven and the game ended 6-5 after bringing the closer with a W for me. I'd definitely like to play some of you guys from here online. It's a solid experience so far. Hopefully I don't get the bugs some are seeing often.

Still happy I purchased this game.

# 91 tril @ 03/08/13 06:04 PM
did they get rid of the dual swing stick?

# 92 audbal @ 03/08/13 06:07 PM
Im having alot of fun with this game. Finding the right camera angles to make it look like a broadcast has been fun. Finding the right sliders will make it even more fun. I like how the computer plays on all star, but had to bump myself to legend and make a few adjustments. Does anyone know if base runner speed affects the runner running to first base? Does it affect the animation where the runner slows down just before reaching first or is that just one of the flaws in the game?

# 93 DaveDQ @ 03/08/13 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Ok back with more impressions of the game. Played another game against the computer, Braves (me) vs. Astros. Don't remember the pitchers because they were not top of the rotation guys and still default sliders. Was a GREAT game winning 4-1. Hit an awkward homer with BJ Upton down and away which idk how triggered a HR. Regardless it was fun!

Now moving on to online. I HATE online play in most games due to most users playing weird etc. I played the first game, Washington (me) vs. Rangers. He was messing around it seemed the first inning, but after he started playing pretty good. Somehow I had 6 errors??? Made a fun wall climb in inning seven and the game ended 6-5 after bringing the closer with a W for me. I'd definitely like to play some of you guys from here online. It's a solid experience so far. Hopefully I don't get the bugs some are seeing often.

Still happy I purchased this game.
The only issue I have with online is how stacked the Angels are. I played a guy yesterday and he was destroying me.. Then he quit. That was odd but the Angels are insane.

# 94 pistolpete @ 03/08/13 09:18 PM
This game is pretty slick. I'm pretty impressed.

# 95 GRONK IS AMAZIN @ 03/08/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Simulated a season. Here's what I got:

American League

Comeback Player of the Year- Jacoby Ellsbury .262 avg 16 HR 75 RBI 99 Runs Scored 29 SB

Rookie of the Year- Mike Olt .252 avg 12 HR 44 RBI 54 Runs 12 SB

Reliever of the Year- Fernando Rodney 3-3 3.39 ERA 49 Saves 66k 74.1 Innings 19 BB

Cy Young- Max Scherzer 17-6 2.54 ERA 205 Innings 189 SO 48 BB 33 GS

AL Champs- Baltimore Orioles 88-74 ERA 3.71 .267 BA

AL MVP- Mike Trout 158 Games 194 Hits 30 2B 5 3B 34 HR 106 RBI 102 Runs 41 SB

National League

Comeback Player of the Year-Carl Crawford .307 avg 25 HR 71 RBI 94 Runs 9 SB

Rookie of the Year-Adeiny Hechavarria .214 avg 12 HR 68 RBI 58 Runs 2 SB

Reliever of the Year-Sergio Romo 0-5 .224 ERA 54 Saves 66 K 61.2 Innings 17 BB

Cy Young- Roy Halliday 15-9 3.02 ERA 208.2 IP 189 K 57 BB 32 GS

NL Champs- St. Louis Cardinals 87-76 ERA 3.68 AVG 279

NL MVP-Giancarlo Stanton 158 Games 181 Hits 26 2B 3 3B 51 HR 133 RBI 194 Runs 7 SB

World Champs St Louis over Baltimore
So I guess cry young isn't fixed. I hate the inconsistentcy in how pitchers stats are

# 96 lnin0 @ 03/08/13 10:10 PM
I am enjoying the minor tweaks. Colors look great. Animations seem smother. Check swing functions correctly and can now pull off on contact swing. Fielding speed is fantastic now. Throwing meter and arm strength improved. Best of all, hit variety is great. Ground balls can get through the infield, ripped line drivers make it over heads and there are some real gaps to be found in the outfield now.

I must commend MLB and 2K for their brilliant market strategy as well. Releasing MLB 2K13 the same week as Sim City, so their game didn't seem like the biggest rip off around.

# 97 audbal @ 03/09/13 01:13 AM
I am having some good games, but I am seeing a lot of split second pausing just after hitting the ball and plays in the outfield. Anyone have any camera settings that eliminate this or is this something that's happening to everyone?

# 98 Grumpykore @ 03/09/13 02:40 AM
Happy Friday to all..funny story-keep reading.

I finally got the game, got a great story, decided to play the m's instead of my stack angels. I picked the astros since i wanted to see how they faired vs the M's off-season offense. Well King Felix took the mound in a PLAY NOW game default sliders PRO. Seems to be doing ok pitching. It was another situation when it came to hitting the ball. Bud Norris through a NO NO - I did not even get the ball of infield - I think the OVR all rating for the m's is a about right (CRAP). So I feel pretty bad not even getting a single hit with my first go with 2k13.

I'm going to give it another shot right now. I just go out like that?..I have played to many years of 2k to be no no'ed. I hope this is not a sign for bad things to come with bad teams. I wanted to try a Houston AL west chise, but bad teams might now works vs. Power Houses.

Overall I think i like the game way better then 2k12. I'll post again a bit.

# 99 tril @ 03/09/13 09:27 AM
Ive heald off so far on both baseball releases. whats keeping me from purchasing 2k13 is that there is no PC version. and that they got rid of the dual stick control batting. I hear that its one stick plus button mashing. can anyone conform this?

# 100 Tomba @ 03/09/13 10:15 AM
Played a good bit of it.

feels like a polished MLB 2k11 and a patched MLB 2k12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.