Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived today. Alvin Gentry is still the head coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. As Dyowman has pointed out, Aaron Brooks and Thomas Robinson are both wearing jersey #0. (Robinson should be #41)

As posted earlier this morning, the Air Jordan XX8's are available today as well.

Below are the list of changes.
  • Aaron Brooks, Houston Rockets (78) - Added to roster
  • Nick Young, Philadelphia 76ers -8 (65) Injured
  • Ramon Sessions, Charlotte Bobcats -20 (54) Injured
  • Richard Hamilton, Chicago Bulls -7 (66) Injured
  • Kirk Hinrich, Chicago Bulls -13 (60) Injured
  • Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers -14 (75) Injured
  • Caron Bulter, Los Angeles Clippers -6 (75) Injured
  • Zaza Pachulia, Atlanta Hawks -11 (52) Injured
  • Austin Rivers, New Orleans Hornets -10 (61) Injured
  • Mo Williams, Utah Jazz (78) Returns from injury
  • Amare Stoudemire, New York Knicks -12 (71) Injured
  • Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic (75) Returns from injury
  • Tornike Shengelia, Brooklyn Nets (56) Returns from injury
  • Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers -11 (72) Injured
  • Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs -27 (60) Injured
  • Marcin Gortat, Phoenix Suns -12 (69) Injured
  • Sasha Pavlovic, Portland Trail Blazers -13 (44) Injured
  • Andrew Bogut, Golden State Warriors (79) Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets (Thanks Dyowman)

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mango_prom @ 03/19/13 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nope.

I did submit this thread for feedback to the Insider however.
You know, it's great that you actually respond to us. On the other hand, if complaints of some more sim oriented gamers "are being heard", what will you do if all the younger big market arcade fans don't like a game reflecting the real NBA, for example for making a guy like Tristan Thompson a better offensive rebounder than Dwight (true in reality, not in 2k13...) or removing the "closer" sig skill which is utter nonsense if you look at actual real life performance?
2k can't make everyone happy, and the majority is simply not interested in accurate rosters outside of the most popular teams. The same with ratings, tendencies and playbooks. So why should 2k make a few hundred people happy and disappointing thousands of clueless homers? Even tough they don't know much about basketball, they pay money for the game, too.

I would even go as far as saying that putting emphasis on realism instead of childish gimmicks and big market bias might lead to a bigger potential sales hit or at least unsatisfied customers than continuing to disappoint the small more mature audience you find in the online community.

So the whole talk about "being heard" might sound great, but looking at video games as a business, it makes more sense to hire semi-competent people working on rosters, who like basketball somewhat but don't care if they have to create a fantasy game for a big casual audience.
Having coaching experience or real competence might not be that helpful if it isn't even required to do the job.

I'd like more attention to reality for future games, but there isn't much money to be made from that, so I'm doubtful.

# 82 Vni @ 03/19/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Nope.

I did submit this thread for feedback to the Insider however.
Steve Nash fully deserves defensive anchor now and Dwight Howard 3pts rating should be at least a 75. He's been draining threes at a high rate the last 25 games.

# 83 xVenomx91 @ 03/19/13 01:39 PM
while u are at it josh smiths 3 should be a 91 he thinks he is ray allen by taking at least 3 3 pointers a game

# 84 mango_prom @ 03/19/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Steve Nash fully deserves defensive anchor now and Dwight Howard 3pts rating should be at least a 75. He's been draining threes at a high rate the last 25 games.
Dwight missed a dunk against Phoenix, so his dunking rating should be lowered to 50 I think. Let's vote...

Also, we should have a poll to finally settle the question "Does Lebron deserve to be a 99?". The majority should decide, right? I propose that your vote counts twice if you wear a Heat jersey.

# 85 LD2k @ 03/19/13 02:56 PM
@mango_prom Hear you loud and clear. I've personally had many discussions with the team regarding roster updates.

The notion that we "do not care about rosters" is simply not true. There is a lot of feedback and criticism, and within that, there are some great ideas by many people. I do my best to bring forward ideas with emphasis on roster updates to the team.

What can the title improve on? What can title evolve?

Making the product better in every regard is something our dev. team strives for.

# 86 mango_prom @ 03/19/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
@mango_prom Hear you loud and clear. I've personally had many discussions with the team regarding roster updates.

The notion that we "do not care about rosters" is simply not true. There is a lot of feedback and criticism, and within that, there are some great ideas by many people. I do my best to bring forward ideas with emphasis on roster updates to the team.

Making the product better in every regard is something our dev. team strives for.
Yeah, don't want to hate on 2k devs, and I don't doubt they're passionate about their product. Even if we're "only" talking about video games, it's still some kind of an art, and you don't work in this industry only for the money I suppose.
So the whole "sim" thing is fun to talk about if you sit at home, but if I was actually working for 2k...in the end I'd have to explain why the company should spend money on "realism" if it doesn't necessarily translate to higher sales.

Reflecting reality might be important to me and some other fans, but we don't provide the budget you guys can use to develop a game, and in the end it's not about some artistic vision or creating the ultimate simulation, but simply about making more money selling the game than the company gave you to create it.
One example is the Jay-Z gimmick. It's pointless in terms of authenticity, but smart in terms of branding, and you can advertise this endorsement better than a Synergy Sports tag on the cover.

So a lot of the time it might simply be wrong to blame 2k devs for certain issues. But on the other hand, Gelabale is still not in, but Dwight and DWill have been updated...

# 87 JasonMartin @ 03/19/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
The future looks bright. We're hearing the community.
Congrats, after months of complaining, wait months...

This has been going on for 3 years for crying out loud. If EA had a game out this wouldn't be the case.

I was 99% positive that 2K would go this route and look after all these months, they did it. A lot of people got fooled who thought 2K13 was the best next thing, everyone thought it was 2K11 all over again. Did we get fooled. No competition = slacking time for 2K.

# 88 JazzMan @ 03/19/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Congrats, after months of complaining, wait months...

This has been going on for 3 years for crying out loud. If EA had a game out this wouldn't be the case.

I was 99% positive that 2K would go this route and look after all these months, they did it. A lot of people got fooled who thought 2K13 was the best next thing, everyone thought it was 2K11 all over again. Did we get fooled. No competition = slacking time for 2K.
I'm sorry, but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm not a fan of 2k's Rosters, but to say 2k13 is the product of 2k slacking is just foolish. 2k13 is a great game. Better than any other basketball game we've ever seen, as it should be.

# 89 JasonMartin @ 03/19/13 07:16 PM
It's not hard being the best when you are all alone.

I finally played a game again today, I had fun but it also annoyed me so much. I play 12 min quarters so the outcome is important. People warping into each other, shots not getting blocked when they hit an arm/elbow, so much nonsense going on...

2K has made a game in the past few years that's better than 2K13. I won't say which one.

# 90 PPerfect_CJ @ 03/20/13 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
I'm sorry, but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm not a fan of 2k's Rosters, but to say 2k13 is the product of 2k slacking is just foolish. 2k13 is a great game. Better than any other basketball game we've ever seen, as it should be.
Your argument loses all credibility by the simple fact that Mickael Gelabale is still not in the game. Just go look at the minutes he is playing for the Wolves. That's one example, but I think he's the most glaring player missing from 2K13.

# 91 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 03/20/13 10:31 AM
& for whoever asked me... Yes I have sent numerous messages to the 2k insider about Larry Sanders with the stats to prove my point on why he deserves a ipgrade & defendive anchor, but of course no reply & no update.... If Larry Sanders was on the Lakers,Heat,Knicks he would be the best rated defensive big in 2k.. Prolly even get a 99block rating, lol

# 92 stlpimpmonsta @ 03/20/13 10:31 AM
.........Who?

# 93 Vni @ 03/20/13 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
& for whoever asked me... Yes I have sent numerous messages to the 2k insider about Larry Sanders with the stats to prove my point on why he deserves a ipgrade & defendive anchor, but of course no reply & no update.... If Larry Sanders was on the Lakers,Heat,Knicks he would be the best rated defensive big in 2k.. Prolly even get a 99block rating, lol
Who is that barry slenders you're talking about?

Does he play for the heat? Is he Dwight Howard's cousin?

# 94 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 03/20/13 10:53 AM
Your jokes are lame & not needed

# 95 Vni @ 03/20/13 11:39 AM
Lol, sorry man

# 96 ksuttonjr76 @ 03/20/13 12:37 PM
Quote:

Here's an idea. They should definitely bring back the 2K Insider blog and/or have a dedicated section that only addresses roster and accessory updates, and there SHOULD be 2-3 people who are ACTIVE in those services. Let's be real. Whoever those individuals are they, they WILL take a beating from the community, so they can't be thin-skinned.

Also, the development team should just merely create a ratings generator online tool that uses stats from nba.com/stats where users can just merely input the value(s) (i.e. 45% 3PT shooting for the past 15 games or Player X is at X rating, so the rating should be increased/decresed by X points), and the generator gives the user a final INDIVIDUAL rating. If the development team really want to make it robust tool, they could create it in a matter where it pulls current ratings from the 2K Share roster and users can adjust ratings online instead of from within the game. Plus, they can do side-by-side by comparisons of players with the online tool.

This tool should help eliminate those lame conversations/comments where people are like "Player X should have XX overall" or "His X rating should be this", but not providing any stats to justify the rating. However, for the tool to have meaningful purpose and use, the development team will have to completely overhaul the current ratings to reflect players' performances at the end of this season.

And to make one more suggestion...NO player should EVER have a 99 rating in any single category.

# 97 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 03/20/13 12:50 PM
Doesnt Kevin Love have 99 in rebounding?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.