Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 conlintolv04 @ 03/23/13 04:39 PM
Quick review: I have been playing TW13 and 14 for hours. I wanted to compare the differences to make a buy, no buy decision.

TW14 the good:
1. Stats, overlays, tournament sponsors
2. Larger galleries, graphics have been polished a little
3. New features not in tw13

TW14 the bad:
1. Putting camera can be good, poor, or horrible (all presentations)
2. Gameplay near identical to tw13, except new sim mode
3. I don't feel like giving EA another 69.99 for a special edition
Of this minor upgraded product

My opinion....

# 62 Richzilla @ 03/23/13 05:49 PM
Is there a way to play a practice round with the commentators and galleries ?

# 63 DivotMaker @ 03/23/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
Is there a way to play a practice round with the commentators and galleries ?
No.....Sorry.

# 64 Danimal @ 03/23/13 06:53 PM
I just had an odd thing happen for several holes on a round. I ran out of sim tourneys to play so I went down a level (tour pro I think) and besides the fact that having meters on totally messed me up I encountered a glitch I think.

On at least 4 holes when I went to putt a stat banner showed up on the screen and it obscure my putting view and it stayed there until I ended the hole. Needless to say this made it impossible to put as I could see the lower half of my guy, his putter or the meter.

Didn't happen in any of the sim rounds I played.

# 65 Millennium @ 03/23/13 06:54 PM
The one issue I still have is that Kinect gets no feedback (or I'm missing how to turn it on). For the most part, I can feel in my swing what I did (I almost always know when I slice at impact, because I have a tendency to push my upper body forward over my front leg, and that in turn pulls the club head through late), but I would still love some type of swing feedback for Kinect users.

Other than that, love the game. Last year I used the controller to aim and do all of my pre shot setups, but this year it seems more precise on Kinect, so I haven't needed to pick up a controller each time (which can get annoying).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 66 Taku @ 03/23/13 07:13 PM
Just got the game downloaded, started my Career with 0 xp golfer on Sim settings. Quite a bit harder with this guy compared to Tiger in demo. Don't really like the putting cameras but otherwise I'm having a blast.

# 67 falcons2003 @ 03/23/13 07:36 PM
Haven't played the series in a good few years, so just figuring everything out.

Probably a stupid question with an easy answer but how do you unlock more clothing apparel? Does it do it automatically when you play rounds? I randomly saw a white t shirt added to the shirt apparel section. But can't figure out how it works. I only have a few or one choice of everything.

Thanks in advance.

# 68 Richzilla @ 03/23/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Haven't played the series in a good few years, so just figuring everything out.

Probably a stupid question with an easy answer but how do you unlock more clothing apparel? Does it do it automatically when you play rounds? I randomly saw a white t shirt added to the shirt apparel section. But can't figure out how it works.

Thanks in advance.
Item unlock as you earn xp.

# 69 Richzilla @ 03/23/13 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No.....Sorry.
Thanks I thought I was going nuts...lol

I am digging the single round quick tourney's though...after EA forced me to them

# 70 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/23/13 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I just had an odd thing happen for several holes on a round. I ran out of sim tourneys to play so I went down a level (tour pro I think) and besides the fact that having meters on totally messed me up I encountered a glitch I think.

On at least 4 holes when I went to putt a stat banner showed up on the screen and it obscure my putting view and it stayed there until I ended the hole. Needless to say this made it impossible to put as I could see the lower half of my guy, his putter or the meter.

Didn't happen in any of the sim rounds I played.
That happened to me once playing on sim as well.

# 71 simgameonly @ 03/23/13 08:19 PM
The rumor is the greens even on the fast setting in 14 are much slower than in 13 can anyone confirm this, I really hope this is not the case. Playing big tourneys that in real life have lightning fast greens play slow in the game would be a hug bummer. Also with the nerfed putting this year greens need to be fast to provide a challenge. I am not going off the demo I know that those were set to slow

# 72 DivotMaker @ 03/23/13 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
The rumor is the greens even on the fast setting in 14 are much slower than in 13 can anyone confirm this, I really hope this is not the case. Playing big tourneys that in real life have lightning fast greens play slow in the game would be a hug bummer. Also with the nerfed putting this year greens need to be fast to provide a challenge. I am not going off the demo I know that those were set to slow
Not seeing it so far. Played one round in CM in the Web.com Q-School with fast greens and they played like I expected. Greens are playing faster than the demo from what I can see. However, that is certainly not a representative sample......if I see that Fast greens are playing slow, I'll report it to the Devs and would appreciate anyone here sending me a PM if you see this and note the course and difficulty being played and as much other detail you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

DM

# 73 Flightwhite24 @ 03/23/13 08:40 PM
Well I just shot an 82 at Q school with my Level 34 Golfer.

This game almost forces you to learn the course layout on Sim mode. This game has exceeded my expectations by a large margin

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

# 74 allstar3970 @ 03/23/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm really on the fence about this game. I am playing the hell out of it and enjoying it a lot but the lack of yardage to hazards is an issue.

Most rounds I am cruising along at -2 to +2 and then I hit a shot and it ends up in a water hazard I didn't know was there (because I didn't do the flyby) or that I had no idea I could reach.

I didn't think this would be an issue for me but man it is bothering me. I was -3 with 2 holes to go in the sim 5 hole tourney and I hit my drive dead to nuts down the middle and the ball rolled through the fairway into the water. Ended up even for the whole thing but I had no idea that water was in play, very frustrating...

I'll also respectfully disagree that automatic ball drops have been improved.
this was my problem with the demo. Its not a realistic simulation because pros have all this info at their disposal.

# 75 mdalasta @ 03/23/13 08:53 PM
Well, I haven't played/bought a golf game since mid 2000s. I've n joyed this game soo much.

I started with an online 4 player game, I hated watching every player hit their ball, felt like a match would take 7.8 hours, luckily something happened and it got disconnected on the 2nd hole. One other thing, I couldn't see where they hit their ball, stupid if that's the case.

So, I created my own player, on normal difficulty, I played my first tourney and finished with a +13 (1 round) then a +6 (1 round), during my second tournament, I found the putt preview....wow, just wow. My third tourney I finished with a -8 (4 rounds)and won then my second tourney with a -16 (4 rounds. Debating on using it (putt preview), feels cheap.

My guy started out hitting ~270 off the tee, now he's up to 285

Actually thinking about buying this game.

As for the guy complaining about only getting only one putt preview, come one really? Would you want the game to go ahead and sink it for you, I'm terrible and it makes putting easy....unless he's on difficult with no lines on the green

# 76 sooner1 @ 03/23/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Way slower greens compared to 13. On Tournament coditions the greens are like hitting in sand. Needs to be patched ASAP!!!

# 77 falcons2003 @ 03/23/13 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
Item unlock as you earn xp.
Thanks. Does a bunch of apparel start unlocking, or does it usually take awhile?

I have the EA Season ticket, figured I'd try this game out. I'm liking it to the point to where I think it might be a purchase for me. Seems like a very deep game.

I also like online setups where you can just play your rounds, then it ranks it against other players while not playing simultaneously like Hot Shots on the vita.

# 78 simgameonly @ 03/23/13 10:13 PM
Wow thanks divot and sooner, not encouraging news on the green speed. That is really frustrating, especially being that they nerfed the putting for 14 anyway. I really hope there is an outcry and the greens play fast where they are supposed to be fast.

Everything else has me pretty stoked, except the green speed, and no practice swing head to head, sounds the camera on putting could be a pain also. Hope they address these issue, I know they wont put the practice swing, but really hoping for the other 2 to be fixed.

# 79 Danimal @ 03/23/13 11:52 PM
Quote:
That is really frustrating, especially being that they nerfed the putting for 14 anyway.
I think I've played about 360+ holes already and my putting average is 1.34 on sim difficulty. I sucked at putting in 13, I thought maybe I just got better but I think you may be right.

# 80 Richzilla @ 03/23/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Thanks. Does a bunch of apparel start unlocking, or does it usually take awhile?

I have the EA Season ticket, figured I'd try this game out. I'm liking it to the point to where I think it might be a purchase for me. Seems like a very deep game.

I also like online setups where you can just play your rounds, then it ranks it against other players while not playing simultaneously like Hot Shots on the vita.
There are a few items that open with each level. Like 7 or so. Typically I'm leveling up after each round at least at the lower levels starting out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.