Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Danimal @ 03/24/13 02:20 AM
Well I just noticed something rather large in terms of single player. I have my career set up for 4 rounds with cuts. My last 2 tournaments I have shot the score needed to make the cut or less and still have been cut.

Last tournament I shot a +4 after 2 rounds and was cut but guys made the cut with +6 and +7 and it even said on the screen the current cut was +4.

Anyone else seeing this issue? If this is indeed a bug that pretty much stops me from buying the game.

# 82 simgameonly @ 03/24/13 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I think I've played about 360+ holes already and my putting average is 1.34 on sim difficulty. I sucked at putting in 13, I thought maybe I just got better but I think you may be right.

yea this year the putt length is contingent on the aiming marker, not the length of the swing, last year you could really blaze one by with too big of a swing like real life, this year they nerfed that it is way less and penal this year, also it is way less realistic unfortunately

# 83 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/24/13 10:56 AM
I have decided, while I like simulation mode, it becomes unrealistic at times because they made it so hard. I think a mixture between tournament and simulation fits me better. I also have to keep the ball strike marker to sticky otherwise I am not even close on some shots.

Still shot freaking +12 last night and could not do ANYTHING.

# 84 yesrushdt @ 03/24/13 11:49 AM
The tournament speed greens are slower than TW13? That certainly is troubling. The green speeds were perfect on TW12 in my opinion (heck, even the Augusta greens keepers said that were very true to the real course).

# 85 DivotMaker @ 03/24/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
yea this year the putt length is contingent on the aiming marker, not the length of the swing, last year you could really blaze one by with too big of a swing like real life, this year they nerfed that it is way less and penal this year, also it is way less realistic unfortunately
Not entirely, as putting tempo and putterhead speed do impact your results as I have blown a few by the hole significantly....

# 86 simgameonly @ 03/24/13 12:41 PM
yep you can run one by but again its not nearly as penal as last year, thusly its not nearly as gratifying for getting the speed right either , probably people complaining that putting was too touchy last year, i personally found it gratifying for placing the proper stroke on the putt , is what it is i guess

# 87 shootah66 @ 03/24/13 12:46 PM
how are the ball physics?? also are the sounds when hittting crisp iron shots improved?? in the past it sounded clunky... Hopefully actual divots will be taken when hitting irons. i really want to buy this game but im on the fence.

# 88 SinisterAlex @ 03/24/13 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
how are the ball physics?? also are the sounds when hittting crisp iron shots improved?? in the past it sounded clunky... Hopefully actual divots will be taken when hitting irons. i really want to buy this game but im on the fence.
No offense man but who cares about divots? That's such a small detail..... yes we have it in real life but honestly as soon as you hit the ball, you're watching your ball instead of looking at the ground for a divot....

# 89 UMhester04 @ 03/24/13 01:55 PM
Things I would change:

Yardage marks
Green speed
Making your backswing (putting AND with irons, wedges, etc) dependent on user input, NOT the aiming marker.

If you think about it, the backswing thing sucks with SIM difficulty because you can't see where your aiming, which I have no problem with. If it was my game, I would make it so there is an arrow displaying the direction you're going to hit the ball at, and you have to judge the backswing yourself.

# 90 Flightwhite24 @ 03/24/13 02:15 PM
The game is continuously giving me a run for my money on Default Simulation. Currently I'm on the Web.Com Tour and in my first tournament I missed the cut by 3 strokes. It was a true grind. I think what is shocking me the most is with my current Level/settings last year I would have been tearing things up. Kudos EA.

The only issue I have is the Putting camera. I need to be in back of my Putts so I can read the breaks???? Don't know who thought this was a brilliant idea.

Here's a look at my Toon/Settings

Attachment 57462

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

# 91 DivotMaker @ 03/24/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
yep you can run one by but again its not nearly as penal as last year, thusly its not nearly as gratifying for getting the speed right either , probably people complaining that putting was too touchy last year, i personally found it gratifying for placing the proper stroke on the putt , is what it is i guess
There is a post from HANDSWARD on the EA Tiger forums explaining putting speeds in TW14....

# 92 Klocker @ 03/24/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I just had an odd thing happen for several holes on a round. I ran out of sim tourneys to play so I went down a level (tour pro I think) and besides the fact that having meters on totally messed me up I encountered a glitch I think.

On at least 4 holes when I went to putt a stat banner showed up on the screen and it obscure my putting view and it stayed there until I ended the hole. Needless to say this made it impossible to put as I could see the lower half of my guy, his putter or the meter.

Didn't happen in any of the sim rounds I played.
yea that happened in the demo for me, just hit start and resume to get rid of it, see if that works

# 93 Rhinoboy50 @ 03/24/13 02:48 PM
Newbie question, haven't played TW since 09 edition. Have a PS3 and a XBOX (without Paid Live Subscription). Want to join a country club (hear it is an awesome feature) but also want to "Swing" through the game since I have never tried it rather than use a controller. I have Kinect but not move. My choice is buy PS3 and join cc for free due to no online subscription but have to buy the Move controller or buy it for XBOX and buy the Live subscription. So.... Long story short:

1 preferred system and why?
2 in TW 14 with Kinect or Move controller are you looking down the fairway as you swing or are you perpendicular to the fairway (parallel to the tv)?
3 is Move/Kinect enjoyable for TW games?

Thanks.

# 94 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/13 03:53 PM
Finally shot a good round on simulation(-4) at Royal Troon. It took me 5 rounds, but I am starting to get in the groove and enjoying the challenge this year -

# 95 Flightwhite24 @ 03/24/13 04:20 PM
Well just missed my 2nd cut on the Web.Com Tour. Shot a +17. Looks like I'm not going to the PGA Tour anytime soon

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

# 96 Moose Factory @ 03/24/13 05:08 PM
Gameface is hit or miss. I hope EA really steps it up with GameFace come next gen consoles. There is huge potential with this feature. At least my Bill Murray's turned out ok.

/Users/gabrielgandzjuk/Desktop/photo-1.JPG
/Users/gabrielgandzjuk/Desktop/photo.JPG

# 97 MGpet @ 03/24/13 05:42 PM
Is Gameface working with the Early Access? I thought I read somewhere that it was not.

# 98 Flightwhite24 @ 03/24/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Gameface is hit or miss. I hope EA really steps it up with GameFace come next gen consoles. There is huge potential with this feature. At least my Bill Murray's turned out ok.

/Users/gabrielgandzjuk/Desktop/photo-1.JPG
/Users/gabrielgandzjuk/Desktop/photo.JPG
For me this is the best GF outcome I have ever had. My Toon looks really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 99 Brian_OS @ 03/24/13 08:56 PM
Presentation - Horrible yet again...

# 100 sooner1 @ 03/24/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
Presentation - Horrible yet again...
Lol yeah EA fails again with the worst presentation ever on this game. Career mode is too boring for me with no immersion. Lmao, make a put to win a tournament, get a replay of putt and thats it over!! Come on man, the gameplay is Nice but presentation NO!!!!

Its just sad to see a game that costs as much as this one does be so lackluster in that department. You compare the Show and NBA2K, great presentaion. Tiger not so much.

I love the new swing system though having to hit a fade or draw is a great addition. Too bad everyone online wants to play amature and pro. I mean wow, are you guys serious??

Putting a lil too easy, greens too slow

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.