Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update has arrived this morning. Here are some details. Alvin Gentry is still the head coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. Aaron Brooks and Thomas Robinson are both still wearing jersey #0 for the Houston Rockets. (Robinson should be #41)

Below are the list of changes.
  • Brendan Haywood - Charlotte Bobcats -12 (56) Injured
  • Luc Richard Mbah A Moute - Milwaukee Bucks -5 (64) Injured
  • Ersan Ilyasova - Milwaukee Bucks -11 (64) Injured
  • Taj Gibson - Chicago Bulls (76) Returns from injury
  • Kirk Hinrich - Chicago Bulls (73) Returns from injury
  • Chris Quinn - Cleveland Cavaliers (56) Added to roster
  • Dion Waiters - Cleveland Cavaliers -11 (66) Injured
  • Caron Butler - Los Angeles Clippers (81) Returns from injury
  • Raja Bell - Added to free agents
  • Tyson Chandler - New York Knicks -11 (66) Injured
  • Pau Gasol - Los Angeles Lakers (81) Returns from injury
  • Rodrigue Beaubois - Dallas Mavericks -12 (61) Injured
  • Shawn Marion - Dallas Mavericks (79) Returns from injury
  • Wilson Chandler - Denver Nuggets -12 (68) Injured
  • David West - Indiana Pacers -7 (74) Injured
  • Brandon Knight - Detroit Pistons (76) Returns from injury
  • Mickael Pietrus - Toronto Raptors (72) Returns from injury
  • Royce White - Houston Rockets -10 (57) Injured
  • Tony Parker - San Antonio Spurs (87) Returns from injury
  • Chase Budinger - Minnesota Timberwolves (71) Returns from injury
  • Nikola Pekovic - Minnesota Timberwolves (78) Returns from injury
  • Victor Claver - Portland Trail Blazers -18 (44) Injured
  • Cartier Martin - Washington Wizards (67) Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JazzMan @ 03/26/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Why, is he playing for the Lakers now? I mean he's not even on the Nets or Clippers...are you sure this guy exists?

2k should finally admit that there's no insider at all. They've edited 12 players in March, 19 in February. 31 edits in 2 months...still they're telling us that a "team" is working on rosters...are we really supposed to be that stupid?
Pathetic.

Something has to change.

But don't worry! When Dwight Howard takes off his headband and begins to wear shoulder braces, 2k gets that **** going the next day Because I'm more concerned about what an overrated cry baby is wearing on the court than how some of my favorite players in the NBA play on the game.

# 42 JazzMan @ 03/26/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Its because 2k recycles rosters. Most of the players just get imported year to year. Bogut was rated in the 70s every year in NBA 2k. The year he shattered his arm he was playing his best ball and got a 80 overall rating.

2k just imported Bogut for the last couple versions like they do with most of the players.

NBA 2k13 has 2010 Andrew Bogut. Thats why NBA 2k is a joke. The *roster* is a scam.
Fixed it for you. The game is amazing, the rosters are awful. Simple as that.

# 43 MarvinOida @ 03/26/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Pathetic.

Something has to change.

But don't worry! When Dwight Howard takes off his headband and begins to wear shoulder braces, 2k gets that **** going the next day Because I'm more concerned about what an overrated cry baby is wearing on the court than how some of my favorite players in the NBA play on the game.
You know, we should have, "2K's roster of the Week," a vote on the best roster made for the week, and if its like a update like let's say an OS roster, that becomes an official roster for the week or until its updated/loses its win. Would be nice to have the community be the insider. Though it can be rigged... But with little chances. And people rate differently but it's just a thought on the forum...

A boy can dream right?

# 44 JasonMartin @ 03/26/13 07:05 PM
2K needs to give up and just let us do the work. So they need to make the online experience better.

I know you can already upload rosters but they just need to make it better and bigger so we can go to work. (Also bring back downloadable slider sets).

Let us browse through weekly updates, maybe from specific groups for which you can sign up (OS forum) which everyone can download so you don't need to be registered to OS.

On OS we can create a section where you can discuss roster updates and also release the roster and I'm sure there are enough people willing to participate so we can get the most realistic roster possible every few days. I wouldn't mind helping.

We just need the tools.

# 45 Fsu No1es @ 03/27/13 09:28 AM
Anybody else having trouble using the new rosters in online association?

# 46 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 03/27/13 09:53 AM
They should hire somebody new & make it so every wk 1 player from each team has a rating change, large or small, + or - ... That way 30 players will be edited each wk on Sunday morning (?) & 2k should post the changes on the 2k website & twitter.

Example
Player rating changes for the wk of 3-24-13 to 3-31-13
76ers -Jrue Holiday (87) recieved a +10 in passing, + 3 in 3pt
Bobcats-Byron Mullens recieved a - 6 in mid range, & + 8 in FT
Bucks-Larry Sanders recieved a + 8 in vert, + 3 in block
Etc
Etc
Magic-Tobias Harris + 4 in 3pt, + 7 in mid range, + 6 in OREB also added a arm sleeve

This way no nba 2k fans will feel like the team they like never gets any love from 2k. The small market teams that hardly get updates, the lesser known players,

# 47 mango_prom @ 03/27/13 10:25 AM
Before we talk about weekly rating adjustments, 2k should first of all be able to add missing players to the game. After that, ratings have to be scaled in a realistic way, according to long term statistical averages instead of casual big market watching.

Let's see if 2k can at least get the basics done. If they manage to do this, what about some kind of form/rhythm system? You know, like the arrows in PES, where rosters retain the same basic ratings, but players can have bad/good form sometimes. Should be optional though, not forced like superpower sig skill right now.

But I like the idea of a form value slightly influencing player performance. For example using a scale from 0-10, where 5 is the average shape and differing values result in slight changes to ratings.

# 48 MarvinOida @ 03/27/13 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
You pay $60 for new rosters that are kept up to date and a little improvement in the game from the last version.

Half of that charge is missing.
I don't know bout you, but I pay $60 for Online, MyCareer, and OS rosters/sliders... But OS rosters and the fun of hex editing.

# 49 Goffs @ 03/27/13 02:46 PM
^^ yep pretty much this....if you hate the game that much then stop buying it...simple as that!

# 50 tblack228 @ 03/27/13 05:21 PM
Honestly, I'd be content with a weekly update to the rosters of they truly took the time and edited each player to play like they do irl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

# 51 LD2k @ 03/27/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Seems just like a social media drone. Bet you LD2k doesn't even know who does the roster updates like the rest of us.
A drone that logs onto OS everyday to monitor feedback on things which are heavily criticized - like say, oh I don't know, roster updates? Drone will collect feedback and deliver to team. Team will hear collective OS thoughts.

I will be around and hearing you out even when you call me a drone.

That hurts my heart.

... And I've met the insider, he does exist. And he knows your feedback for the roster system. If we "didn't care" I wouldn't even be here.

# 52 MarvinOida @ 03/27/13 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
A drone that logs onto OS everyday to monitor feedback on things which are heavily criticized - like say, oh I don't know, roster updates? Drone will collect feedback and deliver to team. Team will hear collective OS thoughts.

That hurts my heart.

... And I've met the insider, he does exist. And he knows your feedback for the roster system. If we "didn't care" I wouldn't even be here.
Can we at least get a picture of you and him or something that can prove to us that he's real besides your word? Please? Or hints, I mean this shouldn't be a cat and mouse game between the man who does the rosters for online and the community who at least wants to know who he is.

I understand that you're the messenger to the devs, company, etc. and you do fulfill that job very good, but the insider is the quiet man we don't know about that we as a community should know about, I mean, we deserve to know him, we see his work and we want to at least tell him that PLEASE PLEASE improve the quality, I don't care if it takes 3 weeks, the rosters should be fantastic and timed well worked on, not sloppy and rushed that we are seeing IMO.

# 53 LD2k @ 03/27/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Can we at least get a picture of you and him or something that can prove to us that he's real besides your word?

# 54 MarvinOida @ 03/27/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
I was hoping for something a bit more hinting, but I guess his head is round and he's probably bald?

I hope next year, even better, next week, the insider spends more time with the rosters. You know, Quality > Quantity, so, he should probably spend time working on who's missing and player updates, at the very least, who's missing. If its because a player isn't part of the NBAPA, then leave a note about it, or maybe not be afraid about it.

# 55 JasonMartin @ 03/27/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I was hoping for something a bit more hinting, but I guess his head is round and he's probably bald?
Dude, seriously... Who cares what he looks like, what's that going to prove? I can google a random picture of some guy post it here and say that's the insider. You're going to believe that and be happy?

@LD2K, I know you are just doing your job and we can't hate on the messenger but seriously... The insider knows about all the drama. Why isn't he doing something? Why isn't your manager or whoever is in charge saying "ok guys we need to get our stuff together and make this right". Like people have said 100x times before: WE AT OS CAN DO THIS EASILY. So how hard can it be for him. Even by just looking at simple stats/box scores he can make up a pretty decent roster. It isn't that hard.

# 56 JazzMan @ 03/27/13 07:51 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, guys. LD2k is doing his job. Blame whoever creates these rosters for probably laughing at our suggestions and comments.

# 57 MarvinOida @ 03/27/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Dude, seriously... Who cares what he looks like, what's that going to prove? I can google a random picture of some guy post it here and say that's the insider. You're going to believe that and be happy?

@LD2K, I know you are just doing your job and we can't hate on the messenger but seriously... The insider knows about all the drama. Why isn't he doing something? Why isn't your manager or whoever is in charge saying "ok guys we need to get our stuff together and make this right". Like people have said 100x times before: WE AT OS CAN DO THIS EASILY. So how hard can it be for him. Even by just looking at simple stats/box scores he can make up a pretty decent roster. It isn't that hard.
First thing, I was joking around, I was acting like ok, I think we got something. Of course this doesn't do anything or help. It's a picture of a black avatar. Anyone can be that. But another thing, imagine who the insider is, it could be a 2K employee who is just a fan that would kind be disappointing because well, it's not the right person working on the roster, he's a fan of basketball but not a person who looks at the tape/stats and analyzes the abilities of a player or the insider is a known basketball guru who knows how to analyze these things, that's respected, which would be also disappointing, since the quality of the work isn't the greatest. And if you post a pic, it wouldn't be believable since well, you don't seem to work for 2K.

Lastly, the point you made about the insider needing to work hard, yeah, this is something that's wrong with the rosters, its just rushed work with not much care handling it.

# 58 Goffs @ 03/27/13 08:11 PM
Quote:

That hurts my heart.

Do you care enough to respond on any news concerning the PC patch? It would be nice to hear something....

# 59 LD2k @ 03/27/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Do you care enough to respond on any news concerning the PC patch? It would be nice to hear something....
As I've mentioned before, when I hear something you guys will hear something. I am inquiring about it.

# 60 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/27/13 10:17 PM
Sorry didn't know where to post

Any tips on using the updated bulls team ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.