Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show title update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.18. It weighs in at 167 MB, see below for all the details.
  • In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch.
    - The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur.

• Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In a Franchise mode, when performing a Fantasy Draft, the first round worked correctly. Every round after the first round would have a blank list of available players and drafted players. User could scroll through the empty list and choose players, but the player names were invisible. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.

• In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was reported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

• In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.

• Challenge of the Week - In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.

• Online Game Rooms - Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text "(Tracked)" as well as the text "(Unranked, Untracked)" from the top two challenge options within a game room. This was not a bug, but it caused some confusion with consumers. Safe text change that has been addressed.

• Online - Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.

• Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.

• Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed.

• Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Create some custom (created players) players and upload them to the rosters and form a league that way. Once the league is formed, make sure every teams roster can be generated. Specifically, any team that has a created player on that roster. Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD ROSTER FROM HD or LOAD ROSTER FROM VAULT

• Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins - After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point (In PROD), user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. Error Message: (Sorry, we could not generate a valid roster/lineup/rotation with the given players) Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD WEEKLY ROSTER.

• Four significant Art changes:
    1. Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos. These can be viewed throughout the front end, and in game easily in PostSeason mode. Logos can appear in the frontend bracket screens, load screen bracket screens, on the field logos, and during on screen display pop-ups.
    2. Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
    3. San Francisco AT&T stadium - There was a Minnesota Twins logo in the dirt of the pitching mound.
    4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

• Online user vs user games - Concede/Friendly Quit option has been added to the quit menu in games formed and played through Game Rooms

• Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.

• Player Progression issue in Franchise fixed. This would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.

• Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.

• Manager mode - All batters due up were being displayed as "L" for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.

• Manager mode - Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionaly pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.

• Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.

• Post game celebartion following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.

• Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.

• End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.

• Fixed an issue where setting scouting to auto wouldn't stick.

• Online, fixed an issue where your online game settings wouldn't match you properly with your opponent.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certian online games.
Server Fixes
  • Twitter feeds fix
    - Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file

• Updated player skill ranks
    - Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.

• Game reset fix for playoff games
    - Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.

• Fixed league injury healing
    - When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, "games returned" would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.

• DD: Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges
    - A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.

• DD: Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked
    - Same test as above.

• DD: APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore
    - To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.

• DD: arena game summaries matched to histories by game_id
Thank you again, to our loyal community members, who have sent us feedback. The information we receive is instrumental for us in our effort to improve MLB 13, and build a better MLB 14.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 basketballer0385 @ 03/26/13 01:09 AM
Do we have to start over with rtts for these changes to be in effect?

# 22 dupontflames @ 03/26/13 01:11 AM
Psyched to download the new update. Thanks to Ramone and everyone who put their hard work into getting it out to us so quickly!

Just wondering if maybe the fix for the Marlins Park jumbotron could be added in the next update (if there is one)? It's a glitch affecting all modes (Play Now, Franchise, Playoff) in which every player's number appears as #44 on the jumbotron. The other two LED screens show the players' correct numbers, it's just the jumbotron. Just a minor annoyance, but it would be cool to see it get fixed. I submitted a bug report for it, but I didn't see it mentioned so I figured I'd ask.

Also, I saw that there was a correction to the Cleveland BP cap due to outdated art. Is the Braves "screaming indian" cap also going to be taken out?

Thanks again!

# 23 edm18 @ 03/26/13 01:13 AM
Can not wait! thanks for the update.

# 24 ARoid1313 @ 03/26/13 01:17 AM
Wondering if the sounds of the show bug was fixed where custom sounds play over the default sounds ?

# 25 RunN1st @ 03/26/13 01:35 AM
Any word on the Vita patch?

# 26 bwiggy33 @ 03/26/13 01:38 AM
And now people can stop with the "Is it worth it" threads. No other games produce patches this quickly with that much stuff fixed in them. Of course they get the patch out a week before opening day to. Thank you SCEA!

# 27 Bamafan3723 @ 03/26/13 01:38 AM
Nice! Thanks to the team for getting this patch out quick

# 28 nomo17k @ 03/26/13 01:44 AM
I bet someone is out for the midnight release... BioShock is out so GameStop must be open.

# 29 bcruise @ 03/26/13 01:49 AM
So, no more stutter, no more CotW seizure board, Franchise K rates , regression and first pitch fastballs fixed? That's about all I need to know!

# 30 vinny_pizza @ 03/26/13 01:54 AM
Great job getting these updates banged out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

# 31 dregos @ 03/26/13 01:58 AM
Thanks!!!!!!

# 32 krulmichael @ 03/26/13 02:00 AM

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 03/26/13 02:02 AM
Well, all my main gripes appear to have been addressed (now that I see Ramone addressed the stat balancing as well). Great turnaround time on this IMO...well done!

# 34 ChrisHansen59 @ 03/26/13 02:03 AM
This was an amazingly quick response for such a large list of fixes. This shows why SCEA is on the top-tier of sports games developers.

# 35 dregos @ 03/26/13 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
This was an amazingly quick response for such a large list of fixes. This shows why SCEA is on the top-tier of sports games developers.
We've come to expect nothing less! Now I can't wait to actually play the game.

# 36 seanjeezy @ 03/26/13 02:09 AM
Hey Ramone, does fixing the spring training bug so older players aren't penalized twice also affect the other side of the spectrum where young players were progressing too fast, or was that actually intended? Also, any chance that velocity progression/regression was tuned as well? Players in their mid to late twenties were still gaining velocity when they should be slowly losing it. I wrote a bug/suggestion post but I'm pretty sure it was too late to catch it.

# 37 Gibson88 @ 03/26/13 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
great!

wish you could have patched the Rockies black alternate vest to have the correct color sleeves. I know the style guide has purple sleeves, but the Rockies always(and I mean always) wear black sleeves with the black vest. not a big deal to most, but it is for an Rox fan but i understand other issues need to be dealt with

regardless, great stuff!
ERRR...I wish you guys had a patch to make the Rockies NOT finish last in the NL West. Poor Rockie fan.

# 38 24 @ 03/26/13 02:15 AM
Spoiler

I Love You SCEA

# 39 bcruise @ 03/26/13 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
has anyone simulated a season yet to see how the stats look?

especially K/9 and BB/9?
It's not out yet. 3 AM Pacific, apparently.

# 40 dj will @ 03/26/13 02:25 AM
was the low volume for custom audio fixed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.