Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show title update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.18. It weighs in at 167 MB, see below for all the details.
  • In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch.
    - The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur.

• Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In a Franchise mode, when performing a Fantasy Draft, the first round worked correctly. Every round after the first round would have a blank list of available players and drafted players. User could scroll through the empty list and choose players, but the player names were invisible. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.

• In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was reported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

• In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.

• Challenge of the Week - In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.

• Online Game Rooms - Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text "(Tracked)" as well as the text "(Unranked, Untracked)" from the top two challenge options within a game room. This was not a bug, but it caused some confusion with consumers. Safe text change that has been addressed.

• Online - Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.

• Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.

• Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed.

• Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Create some custom (created players) players and upload them to the rosters and form a league that way. Once the league is formed, make sure every teams roster can be generated. Specifically, any team that has a created player on that roster. Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD ROSTER FROM HD or LOAD ROSTER FROM VAULT

• Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins - After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point (In PROD), user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. Error Message: (Sorry, we could not generate a valid roster/lineup/rotation with the given players) Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD WEEKLY ROSTER.

• Four significant Art changes:
    1. Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos. These can be viewed throughout the front end, and in game easily in PostSeason mode. Logos can appear in the frontend bracket screens, load screen bracket screens, on the field logos, and during on screen display pop-ups.
    2. Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
    3. San Francisco AT&T stadium - There was a Minnesota Twins logo in the dirt of the pitching mound.
    4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

• Online user vs user games - Concede/Friendly Quit option has been added to the quit menu in games formed and played through Game Rooms

• Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.

• Player Progression issue in Franchise fixed. This would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.

• Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.

• Manager mode - All batters due up were being displayed as "L" for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.

• Manager mode - Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionaly pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.

• Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.

• Post game celebartion following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.

• Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.

• End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.

• Fixed an issue where setting scouting to auto wouldn't stick.

• Online, fixed an issue where your online game settings wouldn't match you properly with your opponent.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certian online games.
Server Fixes
  • Twitter feeds fix
    - Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file

• Updated player skill ranks
    - Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.

• Game reset fix for playoff games
    - Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.

• Fixed league injury healing
    - When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, "games returned" would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.

• DD: Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges
    - A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.

• DD: Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked
    - Same test as above.

• DD: APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore
    - To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.

• DD: arena game summaries matched to histories by game_id
Thank you again, to our loyal community members, who have sent us feedback. The information we receive is instrumental for us in our effort to improve MLB 13, and build a better MLB 14.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 rspencer86 @ 03/26/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
The key are their numbers and Ortiz's look pretty realistic year 2. People need to get past the overalls and look at the stats
Exactly. Forget about the numerical ratings and just look at production! That's all that really matters in the end.

# 162 Braves Fan @ 03/26/13 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Unfortunately...no...the CPU is still not adjusting it's defense.
This one REALLY hurts as Manage only Mode is all about tactics and not having this work removes a great percentage of the strategy.

M.K.
Knight165
Unbelievable, they fix the L's in the lineup screen but not this.

I don't understand this at all. I guess I'll just have to learn to play the game instead of managing it this year. This is a mode killer.

# 163 seanjeezy @ 03/26/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
This looks fine to me.

The key is their numbers and Ortiz's look pretty realistic year 2. People need to get past the overalls and look at the stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Exactly. Forget about the numerical ratings and just look at production! That's all that really matters in the end.
I would love to agree with you guys but the overall rating plays a huge factor in AI logic so while it might be fine for the HUM user to look strictly at production, the CPU won't.

# 164 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/26/13 12:50 PM
You Sony guys dont know how good you have it..This is how you take care of a customer and reason I will be buying a PS4 in lieu of a xbox next year.

# 165 Farmer joe @ 03/26/13 12:54 PM
Can some others confirm that we don't have to restart our franchise for the stats to be balanced? I believe I saw one person say so, but just wanted to make sure.
I figured I'd stick with the franchise I have going now if the stats will balance themselves out for the remainder of the season. Already invested too much time into this chise and don't want to start over if I don't have to.

I'd appreciate it.

# 166 Drew127 @ 03/26/13 12:54 PM
Has there been any tweaking to issue of runners slowing down when rounding third? That's about the only issue I can think of that wasn't fixed (or at least it wasn't mentioned).

# 167 tgreer @ 03/26/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Unbelievable, they fix the L's in the lineup screen but not this.

I don't understand this at all. I guess I'll just have to learn to play the game instead of managing it this year. This is a mode killer.
Although not ideal at all...we MoM guys could do CPU vs CPU and keep interrupting the game so to speak. I REALLY don't want to run MoM franchise this way as managing the bullpen etc is not always going to work out as the AI will do numerous things on its own Hopefully Knight can get an answer as to when/if this is a simple fix...we got another week til OD

# 168 Mikebender13 @ 03/26/13 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Has there been any tweaking to issue of runners slowing down when rounding third? That's about the only issue I can think of that wasn't fixed (or at least it wasn't mentioned).
same thing happens to me!

# 169 ruxpinke @ 03/26/13 01:01 PM
Can we please get a confirm of the status of classic Guess Pitch? Any chance of it being brought back for offline only, or making the notification window earlier?

# 170 Braves Fan @ 03/26/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Although not ideal at all...we MoM guys could do CPU vs CPU and keep interrupting the game so to speak. I REALLY don't want to run MoM franchise this way as managing the bullpen etc is not always going to work out as the AI will do numerous things on its own Hopefully Knight can get an answer as to when/if this is a simple fix...we got another week til OD
Yeah the problem with that is the CPU is terrible at managing a bullpen. They warm up setup men in the 6th inning, make far too many double switches, and run will pitch 6 relievers in one inning. It would be hard to prevent that from happening even if you are proactive.

# 171 GoBucs09 @ 03/26/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I would love the agree with you guys but the overall rating plays a huge factor in AI logic so while it might be fine for the HUM user to look strictly at production, the CPU won't.
Good points. I liked Ortiz's avg and hr totals despite the Overal regression but his RBI total probably regressed because the AI saw he was lower overal and moved him down the order to 7th or 8th or even to the bench.

Just an idea to maybe add to the wish list to next year, maybe move back the drastic decline to 39 or 40 make it real moderate 2 to 5 overal decline between the ages 34 and 38. Then to balance out more older players sticking around, make it so more D potential players retire at ages 25 to 30. It's a delicate balancing act and I'm sure it's not easy for the developers.

# 172 tgreer @ 03/26/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Yeah the problem with that is the CPU is terrible at managing a bullpen. They warm up setup men in the 6th inning, make far too many double switches, and run will pitch 6 relievers in one inning. It would be hard to prevent that from happening even if you are proactive.
Yep I agree 100%...I would rather run with MoM and deal with it rather then let the AI use up my bullpen. I dont want to feel like I have an advantage by putting my guys in DP depth when the AI doesnt Might just have to not move my guys to DP depth to "even the playing field"

# 173 HozAndMoose @ 03/26/13 01:18 PM
.358, 210 hits, 64HR, 159RBI Aside from Cabrera doing this. The stats i got seemd pretty normal.

# 174 Knight165 @ 03/26/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Yep I agree 100%...I would rather run with MoM and deal with it rather then let the AI use up my bullpen. I dont want to feel like I have an advantage by putting my guys in DP depth when the AI doesnt Might just have to not move my guys to DP depth to "even the playing field"
It's got me bummed out for sure....
Who knows?...maybe there will be another patch and it will make it in.
From what Woodweaver said in his post...it seemed like they were trying to take care of it.
I myself can't just watch CPU vs. CPU games.
I'm gonna keep up good vibes though!

M.K.
Knight165

# 175 Woodweaver @ 03/26/13 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...

Is there any hope?!

M.K.
Knight165

Some times hope is all you have...but not this time! If there is another patch, this fix *will* be in.

Apparently, only the fix for the One Batter duration in MoM (or lack thereof) made it in this patch...

# 176 Instant C1a55ic @ 03/26/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
.358, 210 hits, 64HR, 159RBI Aside from Cabrera doing this. The stats i got seemd pretty normal.
Need to check if the game is giving him PED's...

# 177 Knight165 @ 03/26/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Some times hope is all you have...but not this time! If there is another patch, this fix *will* be in.

Apparently, only the fix for the One Batter duration in MoM (or lack thereof) made it in this patch...
Thanks WW!
I appreciate that!

M.K.
Knight165

# 178 seanjeezy @ 03/26/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

Hey Woodweaver, my question kinda got buried, but is there any possibility of velocity progression being toned down for players in their mid to late 20's? I wrote a bug/suggestion post over at the official site: http://www.theshownation.com/bug_reports/11678

# 179 david23 @ 03/26/13 01:42 PM
the patch is not updating for me it just restarts the system anyone else having the same problem??

# 180 merchant1874 @ 03/26/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
Good points. I liked Ortiz's avg and hr totals despite the Overal regression but his RBI total probably regressed because the AI saw he was lower overal and moved him down the order to 7th or 8th or even to the bench.

Just an idea to maybe add to the wish list to next year, maybe move back the drastic decline to 39 or 40 make it real moderate 2 to 5 overal decline between the ages 34 and 38. Then to balance out more older players sticking around, make it so more D potential players retire at ages 25 to 30. It's a delicate balancing act and I'm sure it's not easy for the developers.
Agree Sean Jeezy makes a good point. Really the problem isn't the regression or ratings themselves but the way the lineups, callups etc are calculated.

As you say it's a very difficult thing to get right and I'm not sure i can offer a better alternative by going purely on attributes and overalls.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.