Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

As we wait for the official OSFM rosters, SCEA has posted their Opening Day MLB 13 The Show rosters. It includes Justin Hampton (FA) and Rafael Perez (Twins), 250 player movements and some player mug updates.

Fire up the game and download them from there or you can download them here, thanks to HustlinOwl.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ahoythere @ 04/02/13 12:16 AM
It does not appear that my season roster is being updated to the latest one. I was prompted to download the 4-01-2013 roster when I started the game today and did save it to my console. I started a new season using this saved roster. However, I still see Ortiz in the starting line-up (he was listed as gone to the minors) and I don't see Brennan Boesch available on the Yankee's list. Anyone have ideas what the cause of my problem is? I should note that I have not activated my online code yet. Shouldn't have to activate code to update roster, right?

# 42 cmg8292 @ 04/02/13 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoythere
It does not appear that my season roster is being updated to the latest one. I was prompted to download the 4-01-2013 roster when I started the game today and did save it to my console. I started a new season using this saved roster. However, I still see Ortiz in the starting line-up (he was listed as gone to the minors) and I don't see Brennan Boesch available on the Yankee's list. Anyone have ideas what the cause of my problem is? I should note that I have not activated my online code yet. Shouldn't have to activate code to update roster, right?
It is probably because you have lineups and rotations set to auto. If you have that set to auto then the computer will set the lineup to what they think is best.

# 43 grgmths1433 @ 04/02/13 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoythere
Make sure you load the current roster up. Just a thought.

# 44 ARoid1313 @ 04/02/13 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Good news.. maybe 90% of the players that changed teams has their new portraits (Mark Reynolds is one I can remember that's still got generated face). Another good news... they are in the database as I tried the default roster, moving the players to where they are supposed to be and their current/new team portraits shows up. So those who only wants portraits will be happy. It's a cool thing SCEA are doing, but at the same time I have no problem with generated photos. All is good!
Crappy thing is that those new portraits don't show up when u enter a game. another bug

# 45 kmoser @ 04/02/13 10:56 AM
Will the OSFM roster be with this roster update or the older one?

# 46 Houston @ 04/02/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Will the OSFM roster be with this roster update or the older one?
The older one with lots of height and weights wrong, body sizes wrong, faces to large etc...these are not editable. In the recent update they made the changes i provided them in my LIST. There are a still a few that need to be fixed but nothing like it was before and what OSFM has.

Dont get me wrong OSFM has great editors and great work by everyone involved but I wont be using OSFM because there to many things wrong with that roster of regular SCEA players that we can fix on our own. I would have waited before i began importing players to see what SCEA opening day roster had fixed but Knight chose not to wait.

# 47 kmoser @ 04/02/13 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
The older one with lots of height and weights wrong, body sizes wrong, faces to large etc...these are not editable. In the recent update they made the changes i provided them in my LIST. There are a still a few that need to be fixed but nothing like it was before and what OSFM has.
Well darn, the astros signed some people so it wouldn't be right. When will osfm use the latest update? A few weeks? Months?

# 48 Houston @ 04/02/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Well darn, the astros signed some people so it wouldn't be right. When will osfm use the latest update? A few weeks? Months?

They dont normally do that i guess most of that stuff not important to them. Its a lot of importing player which theyt already begun doing before update came out.

# 49 foundation1998 @ 04/02/13 11:22 AM
can someone please help me... how on earth do i use the updated rosters in a new season or franchise? once spring training ends the game automatically sets the rosters back to the original default game version. please, please can someone help me. this has been an issue for me for the last 2-3 game iterations of mlb the show. i like to use the same rosters that are out there for MLB and play a season that way. i don't want to go to each team and reset their rosters once spring training is complete. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

# 50 Rodbird @ 04/02/13 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Crappy thing is that those new portraits don't show up when u enter a game. another bug
Is this something that can or will be addressed?

# 51 ralphieboy11 @ 04/02/13 11:30 AM
Quote:

Dont get me wrong OSFM has great editors and great work by everyone involved but I wont be using OSFM because there to many things wrong with that roster of regular SCEA players that we can fix on our own. I would have waited before i began importing players to see what SCEA opening day roster had fixed but Knight chose not to wait.
After seeing some of the changes on that opening day SCEA roster, I'm starting to agree with this. There were a lot of changes in there. I wish we could export the new SCEA players so that we could then import them into OSFM.

If you don't use OSFM, what do you do about significant players(rookies) that aren't on the SCEA roster? Do you import them in from OSFM?

# 52 Yankees2009Champs @ 04/02/13 01:00 PM
Quote:

Where is your list? What changes did they make? It's almost worth it to me to download all the prospects from OSFMv1.0 and upload them into the opening day roster.

# 53 dbacks_Nation @ 04/02/13 01:39 PM
Think about it guys, is it worth it to import like 1,200 players for a handful of player portraits? What happens the next season, or during mid-season trades when they'd lose their portraits anyway?

Just don't sweat it, download OSFM and just have fun.

# 54 JDL375 @ 04/02/13 01:41 PM
I downloaded the "live roster" and saw the new player portraits of guys like Vernon Wells, Brennan Boesch, Ben Francisco, and Lyle Overbay while looking at my roster on the manage roster screen....I started a Franchise with the live roster, and when playing games, the player portraits DID NOT show on the scoreboard, the scoreboard showed the generated faces not the actual photo, but the actual photo is on the manage roster screen.

Anybody else have this happen. I don't care and I'm leaning toward doing all generated faces in my franchise once the OSFM roster comes out and I start my Franchise for real.....I just think it's odd that the updated real player photos show on the roster screen but not on stadium scoreboards.

# 55 ralphieboy11 @ 04/02/13 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacks_Nation
Think about it guys, is it worth it to import like 1,200 players for a handful of player portraits? What happens the next season, or during mid-season trades when they'd lose their portraits anyway?

Just don't sweat it, download OSFM and just have fun.
It's not just for player portraits. For instance, in this latest SCEA update Aramis Ramirez is no longer fat, Felix Doubront is no longer a tiny 165 lbs. I'm sure there are many more. I will not do it, but for fans of certain teams I can understand why it might be something to think about.

# 56 raggBAGG @ 04/02/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
It's not just for player portraits. For instance, in this latest SCEA update Aramis Ramirez is no longer fat, Felix Doubront is no longer a tiny 165 lbs. I'm sure there are many more. I will not do it, but for fans of certain teams I can understand why it might be something to think about.
This. I almost can't stand to play the game with the fat Aramis Ramirez. It actually ruins his at bats for me. Call me nit picky, but I'd rather have accurate real players than a ton of minor league prospects whom I may never use.

# 57 Michael Wacha @ 04/02/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
-
And players such as Scott Kazmir, Jon Garland, Brendan Harris etc won't have their career numbers.

# 58 Houston @ 04/02/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Where is your list? What changes did they make? It's almost worth it to me to download all the prospects from OSFMv1.0 and upload them into the opening day roster.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ea-update.html

# 59 Majingir @ 04/02/13 03:49 PM
Cool to see that guys like Wells actually had updated portraits in this game.

But still sucks how guys who did play in 2012 and are on 2013 MLB roster don't have portraits. Loup for example(only one I noticed,but others here seemed to mention other guys from their own teams), pitched 33 games in 2012, but has no portrait in MLB13.

# 60 ShowTyme15 @ 04/02/13 04:10 PM
Okay so here's something I found out (idk if its a glitch or what or if it has happened to someone else) is I have my own seperate Roster File and I downloaded the SCEA update (DID NOT overwrite my own roster file) then loaded up my own roster file and all the players such as Bourn, Giambi, Chris Carter, Ronny Cedeno ETC......... all had their updated photos on my own roster file.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.