Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

One of the most anticipated features in MLB 13: The Show this season is The Show Live feature, which allows you to play any game of the MLB 2013 season with the correct rosters, pitching matchups, and conditions. Promised was situational accurate commentary, and other presentational touches to give you the feel that you are playing the exact game that is played in real life.

The initial returns of The Show Live's first full day on the job seems to be somewhat positive. However, there are several roster gaffes being reported, as well as other odds and ends including live scores not updating fast within the mode.

There are surely bugs that will continue to be worked out -- we will have our full review of this mode coming up later this week after we get some more time with it.

How is your first day with The Show Live going?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 DJ @ 05/14/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
The latest server side maintenance cleaned up this mode some more (records, special events, lineups), as long as you load the current live roster. Of course, newly called-up minor leaguers still throw it for a loop.

-- Sent from the Future...
Very nice to see the pink bats on Mother's Day

# 182 DJ @ 05/14/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumDeviLbd
hey guys. This is a question to those that enjoy playing a lot of games with The Show Live. If you're playing the current days game, what do you enjoy more..... playing the game BEFORE the real game has started (kinda like a preview to the real thing (especially at the start of a series), or do you enjoy it more AFTER the real game has been played?

just a preference thing. wanted your thoughts. thanks!
Since we can't edit lineups, I prefer to wait until after the official game is over.

# 183 stoncold32 @ 05/14/13 12:41 PM
One thing I saw the other day was for the Rangers/Astros game while playing, there was a "TBD" for the a few positions.

I thought that was strange. And this was AFTER the real life game had already been played.

# 184 johnmorlan @ 05/15/13 11:58 AM
Love The Show Live. It could use some tweaks, but I still like playing it way better than trying to keep rosters updated myself . I always try to play the games before the real game happens.

Biggest things I've personally noticed need tweaking:

Computer subbing in players 1st inning.

Bench players / bullpens not correct.

# 185 stoncold32 @ 05/19/13 07:51 PM
Is there no way to get the weather correct?

I'm playing Rangers-Tigers for today and the in game is only 65 degrees. When outside its every bit of 95 degrees.

The fans in game are all in cold weather gear and the players are mostly in long sleeve

# 186 DJ @ 05/25/13 09:16 PM
Played the Indians-Red Sox game today (after the real game wrapped) and won with Boston, 6-2. I used all Analog controls on All-Star difficulty.

Noticed more OSD's during the game with team stats, so that was encouraging. The commentary still needs a lot of work in this mode.

# 187 ghm125 @ 05/26/13 07:56 AM
simply love this mode play almost every day after the game is over! now if the weather could be put in like real life that would be sweet! its been close once or twice with rain/cloudy...etc...but man do i love this mode!

# 188 wrigleyville33 @ 05/26/13 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
simply love this mode play almost every day after the game is over! now if the weather could be put in like real life that would be sweet! its been close once or twice with rain/cloudy...etc...but man do i love this mode!
They should incorporate something similar to how the weather channel was implemented in the ncaa football series.

# 189 ghm125 @ 05/26/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
They should incorporate something similar to how the weather channel was implemented in the ncaa football series.

YESSIR! that would be awesome!

# 190 rjviking11 @ 05/28/13 07:37 PM
Starting to get very annoyed with this mode, playing subway series game today, yankees are up by a run in the 9th and who comes in to get the save in the closers spot Ivan Nova. I don't understand how they can be making these stupid mistakes. I understand that they cant get the right rosters everyday, but on monday and tuesday when the rosters are updated and new guys are in the game, but bullpen and benches are still off.
Sorry for the rant, just dont like when they advertise something like "Live Rosters" when they aren't even close.

# 191 thaSLAB @ 05/28/13 08:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you load the Live Roster immediately before going into TSL mode?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 192 rjviking11 @ 05/28/13 10:18 PM
yes I have, I always do, and still the same problem happens. Its almost impossible to get a perfect roster in the games. I dont understand how hard it is to put someone in the closers spot. I mean I understand it happening every once in a while with a team. But it should not happen with the yankees and Mariano Rivera.

# 193 DJ @ 05/28/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
yes I have, I always do, and still the same problem happens. Its almost impossible to get a perfect roster in the games. I dont understand how hard it is to put someone in the closers spot. I mean I understand it happening every once in a while with a team. But it should not happen with the yankees and Mariano Rivera.
Yeah I have seen this too after loading the current roster. Boston had Bucholtz closing the other day. Definitely an issue.

# 194 cbrown119 @ 05/30/13 01:26 PM
Hi,

I just tried my first three games with Live this week...

I understand that I need to have loaded the most current online roster for it to work correctly. But one problem, I don't understand why it so hard to find this year, but where would I find the latest online roster?

I made the mistake of hitting IGNORE Monday, when it was released and now I cannot find it. So a little help for the computer illiterate would be appreciated....

Anyways, I have some ideas for next years version. Right now it seems like Live is basically exhibition/play ball mode with current lineups. Why can't your play affect how the real team is doing in real life. Kinda like 2K's version of MLB Today.

Live, to me, is just OK. I usually play franchise or rtts modes, but Live is nothing special. The announcers do not mention anything currently happening with the real life team.....the announcers seem even more robotic....

Just my 2 cents......going back to my chise.

# 195 AnEternalEnigma @ 05/30/13 10:19 PM
I'm shocked no one's been by to tell all of you that this mode "just isn't for you".

# 196 thaSLAB @ 05/30/13 10:25 PM
This mode just isn't for you? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119

Anyways, I have some ideas for next years version. Right now it seems like Live is basically exhibition/play ball mode with current lineups. Why can't your play affect how the real team is doing in real life. Kinda like 2K's version of MLB Today.
Now that would be something!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 197 haloman44 @ 05/31/13 02:33 PM
This mode is incredibly cool... but incredibly frustrating...
I haven't played this mode for a few weeks because I wanted to see if they would fix this mode...

I wanted to play Angels- Astros
So if you go to the Angels Website it is supposed to be Tommy Hanson pitching and it even says Hanson is supposed to pitch in the one storyline below the lineups.... how does this make sense to them?

And it has JB Shuck in the lineup before ya start the game playing then when I start the game I get Michael Bourn playing LF batting cleanup and thus changing the whole lineup...and the benches are all wrong...this stinks...

Anyone have word from The Show about possible updates?

# 198 TopDog @ 06/02/13 12:24 PM
I've tried to play the mode several times this week and it has been completely wrong. I always load the current roster first.

First game I blindly went in and played the game without checking. Braves at Toronto. Game was going great until Jose Reyes was brought in as a pinch runner in the 5th inning. Checked the Braves roster after seeing that and Blake Dewitt was on the bench. OFlaherty and Venters were in the bullpen and Brandon Beachy was the closer.

Just tried several games a minute ago from yesterday and every game I tried the bullpens were completely wrong. Starters as closers, etc. Didn't even bother checking how bad the benches were.

# 199 DJ @ 06/02/13 02:47 PM
Yeah the lineup issues and stale commentary have forced me to eschew this mode for Franchise.

# 200 stoncold32 @ 06/02/13 04:01 PM
i bought this game solely for this feature.

Disappointed for sure.

At least get the weather right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.