Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

One of the most anticipated features in MLB 13: The Show this season is The Show Live feature, which allows you to play any game of the MLB 2013 season with the correct rosters, pitching matchups, and conditions. Promised was situational accurate commentary, and other presentational touches to give you the feel that you are playing the exact game that is played in real life.

The initial returns of The Show Live's first full day on the job seems to be somewhat positive. However, there are several roster gaffes being reported, as well as other odds and ends including live scores not updating fast within the mode.

There are surely bugs that will continue to be worked out -- we will have our full review of this mode coming up later this week after we get some more time with it.

How is your first day with The Show Live going?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ghm125 @ 04/02/13 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
I just started up the rockies brewers game and the presentation still thinks it's opening day. They said it was. The records in the game were both 0-0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

yeah my game as well.....got some ironing out to do...could be a great feature but early its a mess....only day 2 though...we will see I have faith in em

# 42 blueduke @ 04/02/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
It's the 2nd full day of the season, people. Give them a few weeks. Isn't it obvious that all these "issues" are going to be taken care of? Of course the guys that aren't even in the game yet (due to MLBPA rules) can't be in the lineup! Give it two or three weeks and go play the game again. They'll be there.

This mode will be really cool when the season gets going, especially towards September and the Postseason!
^THIS. I'm already loving it now. Deeper the season goes more fun it will be IMO. Realize this mode isn't for everyone but I'm grateful SCEA tossed us this bone

# 43 Alliball @ 04/02/13 05:12 PM
Played the Padres/Mets game last night what an udder failure. First of all Cody Ransom didn't make an error in the second inning just like he did in the real game, how unrealistic. Next, and how can they make such a huge error in a mode they have been touting as a game seller, but they had Logan Forsythe starting at second and we all know he's on the DL. Where was super prospect Jedd Jerko? Finally this was the straw that droke the hippo's back for me, in the real game Cowgill hit a grand slam and in the game I played he never once came to bat with bases loaded. How is he supposed to hit a grand slam like he did in real life if he is never put in the situation?

This mode is for purists? It's a pure sham if you ask me!

# 44 ghm125 @ 04/02/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Played the Padres/Mets game last night what an udder failure. First of all Cody Ransom didn't make an error in the second inning just like he did in the real game, how unrealistic. Next, and how can they make such a huge error in a mode they have been touting as a game seller, but they had Logan Forsythe starting at second and we all know he's on the DL. Where was super prospect Jedd Jerko? Finally this was the straw that droke the hippo's back for me, in the real game Cowgill hit a grand slam and in the game I played he never once came to bat with bases loaded. How is he supposed to hit a grand slam like he did in real life if he is never put in the situation?

not sure it meant to mimmick the real game its just has starters from current game with matchups in pitchers which at this current time its hit n miss but don't thing it was to give u life like results only for u to play game out....

# 45 THESHAMISASHAME @ 04/02/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
Why does andrelton simmons look like a giant child in this game?..lets get real
Almost a bobblehead or a walking candy apple right ? his head looks huge or am I crazy ?

# 46 JoeT @ 04/02/13 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
not sure it meant to mimmick the real game its just has starters from current game with matchups in pitchers which at this current time its hit n miss but don't thing it was to give u life like results only for u to play game out....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was kidding and lightly mocking those that may be expecting a little too much from this mode right away. And I'm really hoping he misspelled utter on purpose.

# 47 PhlliesPhan6 @ 04/02/13 06:00 PM
Went to play the Phillies/Braves game today from April 1, and Michael Bourn was on the Phillies?

# 48 DELUS1ONAL @ 04/02/13 06:00 PM
I am loving The Show Live, it is way more fun than just playing play now.

# 49 davierich @ 04/02/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
I am loving The Show Live, it is way more fun than just playing play now.
It's gonna be so much better too once we're a few weeks into the season and we actually see some stats too and the rosters are finally accurate.

Just a little longer. Same goes with OSFM rosters. Just a little longer. Arghhhhhh anticipation

# 50 mshoop3 @ 04/02/13 07:20 PM
Do you only get the real weather when you play a game that hasnt finished, I went to play the tigers vs twins and it was 75 and sunny, then I went to play the bluejays game and it was 26 degrees, anyone know?

# 51 bcruise @ 04/02/13 07:36 PM
Looks like the pitchers have been updated for the evening games, but as has been mentioned even the teams that played yesterday show a record of 0-0 and the presentation package appears to be that of Opening Day. I'm checking this with the Cardinals game to be played later tonight.

The individual stats appear to be correct, though.

# 52 Perfect Zero @ 04/02/13 08:09 PM
Sweet Lord of mercy this thread is a beating. It's always the same; people look at the first instance of a mode, find something minor wrong, and then complain until they're blue in the face and say they should have spent their time elsewhere.

Look folks, SCEA has guidelines to follow. This is the same with the uniforms and it's the same with the rosters in the game. If a player has not played Major League Baseball, they can't be in the game until their playing time starts. It's not that hard folks; they do the best they can with the rules that they have.

That being said, I love that they've made it to where the stats follow the storylines, and I really think that commentary was more geared for this mode for this year. It's going to be a lot of fun to play these games.

# 53 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/02/13 08:19 PM
Thank you! A little more cordial than I seem to be able to convey at times!

I am really digging this mode. With a little more polish, it is going to be a real gem for me as a 2013 season alternative to my RttS. I do not have enough time to invest in Franchise along with RttS anymore.

# 54 BobSacamano @ 04/02/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
It's not that hard folks; they do the best they can with the rules that they have.
I knew this was going to be a problem when they first announced the mode, since playing a rookie's debut is one of the best uses of a "play today's game" mode (at least it is to me, but then again I'm a big prospect guy). I'm not so sure this is the "best" they can do. In fact, it seems like they went about it in the worst way possible. I'd have MUCH preferred fictional minor leaguers called up to take the place of rookies, with bench guys plugged in in starting roles. Inserting actual major league FA's is a strange solution to an obvious problem. It really takes me out of the game, which seems to be the exact opposite of what they were going for.

Anyways, I think I'm actually a little more puzzled by the fact that, apparently, rosters are only going to update on a weekly basis. I figured it would be a daily thing. Given the number of injuries and roster moves that happen on a daily basis in the majors, rosters are constantly going to be wrong. What about the trade deadline? What's going to happen there?

I'm not terribly upset, this mode has just been a little bit of a letdown, as it was something I was really looking forward to.

# 55 bkrich83 @ 04/02/13 09:09 PM
LOL. I swear.. I don't even have words.

# 56 Kccitystar @ 04/02/13 09:42 PM
Does anyone know if the stats get updated a day after a game is played or when the game ends that day? or is all that reserved for the following week?

I personally think this mode is great as an intermediary between Road to The Show and Franchise, honestly.

# 57 BobSacamano @ 04/02/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LOL. I swear.. I don't even have words.
Care to elaborate?

# 58 bkrich83 @ 04/02/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
Care to elaborate?
No, not without posting something ban worthy.

# 59 treyraq @ 04/02/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
What about the trade deadline? What's going to happen there?
Well, the rosters will probably reflect the trades the following day or just as it is now, you'll have to wait a couple of days for an update...

Not sure why you were so worried about this.

# 60 thaSLAB @ 04/02/13 11:17 PM
Just played a great TS Live game! Played the StL at ARI game. I ended up winning 3-2 on a two-run single in the bottom of the ninth. (That double steal was a mistake, that had me screaming "No No Nooo! Oh... Yes!" LOL.

Here are the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKI3jA6uOc

After seeing bkrich83's Cueto stats from his game yesterday, it got me thinking of a cool TS Live challenge where you play a game beforehand, and post the linescore to see how close you come to the real stats. I didn't want to start another thread on it however.

-- Sent from the Future...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.