Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

It looks like Ultimate Team is headed to NCAA Football 14. According to a pre-order bonus at GameStop, you will receive an exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team SEC Conference Pack, which includes key SEC players and bonus game extension to get your star player off the bench and back on the field.

It remains to be seen how EA plans to implement Ultimate Team for a game which you can't have actual licensed players. Are they going to use generic players, past greats? One would think there has to be real players to have marketability for paid DLC, which is what the Ultimate Team modes are built around. It's not surprising EA is bringing this type of mode to NCAA, but it will be interesting to see how they implement it.

UPDATE: Polygon has just confirmed with EA Sports.

What are your thoughts on Ultimate Team in NCAA Football 14?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 souljahbill @ 04/02/13 06:02 PM
Can't be past players. There's no union so they'd have to go get thousands of likenesses. They have to be selling you "generic" dudes.

# 22 bellaballa @ 04/02/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
never heard of ultimate team. only played the demos for fifa, and haven't gotten madden since 06 or so. what is it and how does it operate? is it like a fantasy team or all-star teams something?
Ultimate Team is a card collecting game where you field a team of players based on the cards you collect. You can then play Head to Head or against CPU. Sometimes they have promotions for certain cards. And sometimes they will host tournaments. But the big cash cow is the "auctioning" of cards.

# 23 BLACKjersey53 @ 04/02/13 06:05 PM
MUT this year was almost unplayable for me. With an iffy Internet connection, the only way I could enjoy it was if I paid out of pocket for card packs. That and people wanting entirely too much for cards. I guess this means Amazon is getting pro combat unis again :/

# 24 believeinnow @ 04/02/13 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
When will EA realize that no one gives a fug about these card game modes?
hate to break it to you, but millions of people do care about it. FIFA and NHL make mad money because of the mode. This won't change.

# 25 believeinnow @ 04/02/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
Can't be past players. There's no union so they'd have to go get thousands of likenesses. They have to be selling you "generic" dudes.
It could be past players. They don't have to do likenesses on the field, they would only need player pictures for the cards. There are ways of working around it. The only question is how many past players they were able to get and how far back.

# 26 bellaballa @ 04/02/13 06:33 PM
Wonder what the NCAA UT sub-forum for OS is going to be like. We already have FUT, HUT, and MUT and I kinda just browse while I'm there. How is this community going to embrace this new game mode?

# 27 theharbinater @ 04/02/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaballa
Ultimate Team is a card collecting game where you field a team of players based on the cards you collect. You can then play Head to Head or against CPU. Sometimes they have promotions for certain cards. And sometimes they will host tournaments. But the big cash cow is the "auctioning" of cards.
not meant to be directed at you (not shooting messenger, thanks btw) but that sounds like crap.

why does everything have to be a damn cash grab. how about you just make a good game and people buy it because it's a good game, not make them pay for extra crap.

i won't play this anyway, so just a waste of time for me.

again, not directed at you, thanks for the info.

# 28 boxboy99 @ 04/02/13 06:43 PM
NUT? Just does not sound right. I've read where EA made tons of money off FUT so no surprise it is coming to NCAA. It will be interesting to see if they use generics or legends? Could this lead to some kind of deal where they raise money to settle some lawsuits and get naming rights?

# 29 bellaballa @ 04/02/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
not meant to be directed at you (not shooting messenger, thanks btw) but that sounds like crap.

why does everything have to be a damn cash grab. how about you just make a good game and people buy it because it's a good game, not make them pay for extra crap.

i won't play this anyway, so just a waste of time for me.

again, not directed at you, thanks for the info.
No problem, happy to help. To add onto your point, I completely agree with you. I get duped into trying the mode (FUT, MUT, HUT) for the first week but the concept never really catches on to me. Its cool to "collect them all" but the fact that theres the buying and selling of cards and that you have a "chance" of getting the card you want from card packs that cost more than they are worth (IMO) makes this seem catered towards someone who has too much time on their hands or enough money to spend "buying" a team.

# 30 vmkstar99 @ 04/02/13 06:47 PM
Man, I can't WAIT to collect DE #7 from South Carolina, who in no way has any connection to real-life defensive end Jadeveon Clowney!

# 31 Cowboy008 @ 04/02/13 06:52 PM
I'm not interested in Ultimate Team.

# 32 Lawdawg25 @ 04/02/13 07:49 PM
FUT has always been fun to me, but an NCAA ultimate team would be way more entertaining because I would know more of the players.

Plus no one actually has to pay real money for anything. I've seen plenty of people build great teams in FUT through the auction alone. It's like the stock market, you just have to be smart.

# 33 TryHard_Nation @ 04/02/13 07:56 PM
My big question about how it will be done is not co Corning the auctually default cards but rather the special cards. Lets say we get cards with QB #7 and FS #26. In most of these ultimate team games there are "informs" or special cards. If NCAA did this and let's say a special QB #7 card was released after his performance in a game and he was put onto an inform team wouldn't that give away the attempted non-use of likeliness.

# 34 HARTSTOPPER @ 04/02/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
When thousands upon thousands of people stop paying for Ultimate Team credits to boost their teams and stop playing the game mode. Until then, the minority who don't care for the trading card game, will just have to deal with it. FWIW, i'm not big on Ultimate Team either.

# 35 Cletus @ 04/02/13 08:04 PM
If it works like the NHL UT they'll charge you 240 microsoft points claiming elite players. Your best card will be Akron's 2nd string TE.

# 36 HARTSTOPPER @ 04/02/13 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
My big question about how it will be done is not co Corning the auctually default cards but rather the special cards. Lets say we get cards with QB #7 and FS #26. In most of these ultimate team games there are "informs" or special cards. If NCAA did this and let's say a special QB #7 card was released after his performance in a game and he was put onto an inform team wouldn't that give away the attempted non-use of likeliness.
The lawsuit in itself is a slam dunk for the college football players. There is no way possible for EA to refute the evidence brought forth in the games. Of course, EA isn't doing anything worse than what the NCAA already does. When AJ Green was at Georgia, what Georgia Jersey was selling? #8. When Stafford was in Georgia, what jersey was selling? #7. Moreno? #24... All of a sudden, nobody of relevance is carrying those numbers and those numbers are no longer being marketed.

They just need to find a way to pay the players. Some of them are already being paid anyways, might as well level the playing field.

# 37 maizeblue13 @ 04/02/13 08:28 PM
The cards may be something like QB #8 for example instead of names

# 38 Slim4824 @ 04/02/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
When people stop spending $$$ on the mode.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 39 HARTSTOPPER @ 04/02/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
The cards may be something like QB #8 for example instead of names
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.

sent from the point of no return

# 40 CT Pitbull @ 04/02/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
feldman, my friend, they know we dont care about collecting electronic card sets, its all about the money baby if they can get it from a few people they are gonna take it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.