Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the first NCAA Football 14 screenshot.

One cut. Infinite possibilities. (Via @EANCAAFootball Twitter feed) What are you hoping this means?

More to come tomorrow.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Exile04 @ 04/02/13 09:52 PM
As far as looks im most upset at the cleats and socks. But the biggest issue is the sleeves on the jerseys. No one in college football wears the sleeves baggy and half way down the arm, with exceptions to QB's. please fix EA

# 82 LionsFanNJ @ 04/02/13 09:52 PM
Ah one thread and the art vs gameplay fights started I see. Never change, forum.

# 83 drift7one @ 04/02/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngw411
USC still has the old uniforms, I bet Alabama does too... Does EA not notice these teams wear pro-combat uniforms now or are they just too lazy to take 20 minutes just to change the texture of the uniforms?
USC jerseys look right, the collar comes around and then goes more straight like the uniforms with the flywire. you just cant see the collar stitching. and if you look closely at the pants you can see all the right seams. so the Nike template is there.
I dont however see you guys (or any team) getting the custom cleats. besides, somebody would complain that they are last years and not the new ones which Im sure will be released sometime in the next 3 or 4 months.
the game socks, I would like to see. even if it is just one team colored. if they can put the long Adidas stripe socks in (which I dont remember seeing anybody wear) then they could throw in team colored/ Nike socks.

# 84 Mckinley Cash @ 04/02/13 10:12 PM
I hope we get a trailer tomorrow.

# 85 SageInfinite @ 04/02/13 10:30 PM
I wonder why they didn't do the playbook outline this year? I wonder if the way they promote the game is changing? Should be interesting to see what we get tomorrow.

# 86 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/02/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
So wait, they are advertising that they put the juke and momentum back in the game?
What NCAA game were you playing with momentum?

# 87 Xx_JP_VHS_xX @ 04/02/13 10:40 PM
LOL at how bad the sideline looks. Those players looks like PS1 graphics.

But it looks like those gloves will show the Oregon "O" when you put them together. That would be pretty cool to see in a touchdown celebration.

EDIT: sorry if this has been answered already in the thread but the "one cut, infinite possibilities" is talking about the infinity engine obviously.

# 88 Darth Aegis @ 04/02/13 10:47 PM
NCAA Football 11 Looks Awesome!

# 89 Madwolf @ 04/02/13 11:02 PM
God, I thought we were done with sock talk after this screen shot, for good, for ever... and they're still not pleased! Jebus help me, I don't know if I can handle people talking about socks breaking the game for another whole year while the game play isn't improved to the quality of a real football game.

# 90 Madwolf @ 04/02/13 11:03 PM
Also, I want offensive and defensive line play. If we go another year without improving the line play, and the defense isn't half way playable I'm not going to purchase this year.

# 91 kwilliam @ 04/02/13 11:37 PM
Don't forget about improving the Safety play by dialing down the aggresiveness.

# 92 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 04/02/13 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Definitely interesting, but with the same goofy animations this series has had all gen, it still won't look that impressive. Glad to see they're adding some sort of momentum and foot planting, but my hopes aren't high. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Also I hope it is implemented universally, not just for running backs. The defense better have the same advantages and disadvantages and the offensive players. My running back should not be cutting back and juking while the defenders just ice skate toward me for a tackle.
I agree. I can already see the problem existing in the photo. Notice the running back is already making a cut, yet the defender is still in full stride, full pursuit knowing which way the defender will go and not reacting in a realistic way. The defender should be squaring up trying to determine which way the running back will go. As far as im concerned it looks the same and im not talking about the graphics.

# 93 BonesKnows85 @ 04/03/13 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Looks the same really. The only thing new is the Oregon glove. You can stack wristbands and lower arm sleeves like on the USC player in 13.

Also no red socks for USC. and the cleats seem unchanged. Somewhat disappointing in the art department. Ah well let's see what else is coming

At least mid socks she to be default for Oregon and USC.
Where are you people seeing Medium socks? These are teh same socks as last year, nothing medium about them. I wonder if they will fix Florida's team color since they didn't get the red socks for USC.

EA went out of their way last year to fix the "duplicate number" glitch that players could exploit to get duplicate numbers on teams. WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO FIX THE ONE GOOD GLITCH. YET MANY HORRIBLE GLITCHES STILL EXIST THAT HAVE EXISTED SINCE THE FIRST NCAA ON NEXT GEN.

Lets you know all you need to know about the NCAA team right there. Not excited for this game or Madden and never will be again. I have given up hope of ever enjoying a football game again as long as EA is the only company making them.

I was disgusted when I saw Ultimate Team would be in College Ball. Some more cheesy BS that EA had!!!! to add. Wouldn't be EA if they didn't include some, literally worthless feature. Time wasted that could have been spent on gameplay, art, and getting every teams details right or bettering player models.

My last hope is that 2k revives the college basketball series, otherwise college sports and NFL gaming is dead. Just telling it like it is.

# 94 BonesKnows85 @ 04/03/13 12:13 AM
Same crappy player models too. Colored gloves though, even that half of the teams are prob haunted by having the wrong color. They always make sure to get as much shine in for Oregon. Florida's color is Orange, so their cleats will be Orange. I wouldn't be surprised is EA made the Gators color red this year.

# 95 statum71 @ 04/03/13 12:22 AM
I guess there goes my hope for improved graphics.

# 96 carvis#15 @ 04/03/13 12:22 AM
Look man...there is nothing wrong with complaining about artsy stuff. Obviously the art department doesn't work on game play and the game play people don't work on art. It is good to have critique on both. Don't assume that guys that complain about art don't care about X's and O's because I actually love game play. I probably like the artwork just as well though. Yes, there has been a poor job in game play but there has also been a poor job on authenticity of the look of players. Ask any player who plays football. They will tell you they care about how they look. They may act all tough guy and all but they still are concerned with those things. Therefore it's not that big of a problem if someone complains about a game that does a bad job in that area. Again, the art guys have their jobs to do as the game play guys have theirs. Working hard in either area shouldn't take away from the overall effort for the game as a whole nor the quality of it. Before you think about lashing out, calm down. Let us reason, not insult.

# 97 noplace @ 04/03/13 01:00 AM
Why even release that screenshot? Its pointless without attempting to show off better graphics or atleast adding something new about the game... Just dumb

# 98 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/03/13 01:58 AM
Not a lot to say about the screenshot, still in a wait and see mode.

I do have pretty low expectations this year, my excitement for the game is definitely less than it has been in previous years. Some of my pessimism stems from the ongoing player likeness suit. I just don't see EA throwing a lot of money at a franchise that might not be around in 2 years. (Player Likeness trial is in June of 2014).

# 99 PVarck31 @ 04/03/13 03:49 AM
I'm not understanding why so many people thought there would be an improvement in graphics. This is the last game before next-gen. This gen's systems are most likely maxed out on graphical power. And they also have to balance graphics with other parts of the game due to memory constraints.

I do however understand people wanting the player models to look better. But even that, at this point, is not something EA would be concerned with due to the end of this console generation. And yes, I know that that they will continue making it for current gen systems for a few years, but lets not kid ourselves, the main focus will obviously be on the new systems.

# 100 moylan1234 @ 04/03/13 04:16 AM
I dont understand why people keep saying we shouldn't be expecting much from this years games because they are the last before the new consoles. Weren't the last games of the PS2/Xbox era the best we've had?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.