Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted the first Madden NFL 25 screenshot, as well as a few details on the new Run Free Ball Carrier feature.

Quote:
...the game will highlight a "run free ball carrier feature" that will offer "unprecedented ball-carrier control and precision."

What are you hoping to see out of this new Run Free Ball Carrier feature?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 04/02/13 06:34 PM
The numbers on the Broncos jerseys still look a bit narrow, but the lighting looks fantastic.

That's about all I gather from this still image.

# 2 JerzeyReign @ 04/02/13 06:37 PM
Remember when the "3D Grass" crowd would be going crazy right now? haha

# 3 thudias @ 04/02/13 06:42 PM
Lookin Good!

# 4 Elway7 @ 04/02/13 06:43 PM
Collision issues already?? Miller falling on his rear from a solo tackle attempt on
Foster!

# 5 bcruise @ 04/02/13 06:44 PM
"Looks like Year 2 of the Infinity physics engine will focus on running backs, including a bigger emphasis on cutting, and of course, smacking defenders in the mouth with fierce stiff-arms as you try to knock defenders like Von Miller out of your path. When asked for clarification, all an EA Sports representative would tell us is that the game will highlight a “run free ball carrier feature” that will offer “unprecedented ball-carrier control and precision.”"

Well well, let the speculation begin....hopefully it's not just HB's they're focusing on cutting with.

# 6 ch46647 @ 04/02/13 06:54 PM
The "Run Free Ball Carrier Control" just kills any ounce of anticipation I had for this game. This sounds like they are going to re-write the locomotion, and way the running back runs. However, it is not going to focus on the way all other players move?

This sounds like an absolute disaster in the making...

# 7 roadman @ 04/02/13 06:55 PM
Unusual for NCAA and Madden to release info at the same time.

Interesting.

# 8 The_Wise_One @ 04/02/13 06:59 PM
Much better looking than NCAA

# 9 JerzeyReign @ 04/02/13 07:00 PM
I thought that Run Free stuff was a joke - I missed that entirely - I just looked at the picture and read the comments haha.

# 10 Number999 @ 04/02/13 07:02 PM
Beautiful lighting, but as we all know screenshots don't tell much if anything at all. Nonetheless, very nice.

# 11 man1up @ 04/02/13 07:04 PM
I'll wait for game play film before making my decision this year. I don't expect better graphics, I'm interested in how the UI, CC, and Playbooks/Schemes are incorporated.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express

# 12 RGiles36 @ 04/02/13 07:08 PM
Not much to glean from a screenshot...

...but I was quietly hoping that THIS would finally be the year that mouthpieces get back into the game. But alas...

Spoiler

# 13 adub88 @ 04/02/13 07:34 PM
I'm only going to get excited when I see this thing in motion. My biggest problem with this game has been the running animations among other glaring fundamental issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully these are the fluid animations Cam Weber promised us.

# 14 BTownSlinger @ 04/02/13 07:39 PM
Foster looks way too skinny/narrow in that picture. I hope they get body types right.

# 15 adub88 @ 04/02/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kealon_2400
I hope they are working on OL/DL interaction and fixing the issue of letting TE's run free every play without jamming them at the LOS
Exactly lol

# 16 adub88 @ 04/02/13 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Foster looks way too skinny/narrow in that picture. I hope they get body types right.
Or give us the ability to edit body types.

# 17 kmoser @ 04/02/13 07:45 PM
Arian Foster has tattoos. Not in the screen shot. But overall doesn't look bad. I am not getting my hopes up because it is only 1 screenshot.

# 18 Kevin26385 @ 04/02/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Arian Foster has tattoos. Not in the screen shot. But overall doesn't look bad. I am not getting my hopes up because it is only 1 screenshot.
I can't remember a time when the Madden NFL franchise had recognizable tattoos?

# 19 mvb34 @ 04/02/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Unusual for NCAA and Madden to release info at the same time.

Interesting.

Maybe they've connected to each other via CCM

# 20 TryHard_Nation @ 04/02/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
I am sorry but it looks pretty much the exact same as Madden 13. A few lighting changes, player models still look the same pretty much. Will get a lot of hate for this but at the end of the day it is the truth. We will have to wait for more to be released.
They're about at the max graphically for this GEN, IMO. Gameplay plays a big part in the way the game looks as well. It's not about the look but rather the feel.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.