Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning updating 14 players. Chandler Parsons and LaMarcus Aldridge had some of their ratings adjusted, but it didn't affect their overall rating.
  • J.R. Smith - New York Knicks +2 (84)
  • Iman Shumpert - New York Knicks +1 (81)
  • Jason Kidd - New York Knicks -1 (79)
  • Tobias Harris - Orlando Magic +7 (75)
  • Nikola Vucevic - Orlando Magic +5 (73)
  • Reggie Evans - Brooklyn Nets +3 (66)
  • Gerald Wallace - Brooklyn Nets -3 (74)
  • Mike Conley - Memphis Grizzlies +1 (83)
  • Tony Allen - Memphis Grizzlies -1 (75)
  • Steve Nash - Los Angeles Lakers -1 (82)
  • Jodie Meeks - Los Angeles Lakers +1 (69)
  • John Wall - Washington Wizards +3 (85)
Thomas Robinson for the Rockets is finally wearing #41. Thanks Rashidi.

Nothing else changed from the update that was released yesterday, which adjusted injured/recovered players.

To see the complete list of updates, make sure you visit The Real 2K Insider.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kingofthecouch @ 04/03/13 02:41 PM
This will be my last (useless) post for this game.

STILL NO court update.

Jae Crowder needs and update!! shooting close to 50% from 3 over the last month and his mid range and rebounding has improved.

Brandon Wright needs an update!! Mid range needs updating, his close needs updating, his vertical and dunk needs updating.

M. James is shooting around 45-50 from 3 over the last 3 weeks. His on ball D and speed needs a boost.

Stop with the bias 2K. It's time to put and end to it. Do it right or dont do it at all.

# 22 Blackhail92 @ 04/03/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroinIggs
That's just weird, maybe they are just adding people's names to make us think they did something when they actually didn't...
this update is similar to what they did when they increased kobe from 93 to 95. his stats like ins/med/close/3/ft were not touched. Same goes for Jr. and now SHumpert i guess

# 23 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 04/03/13 02:50 PM
JR has a +15 consistency which funny

# 24 JazzMan @ 04/03/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
JR has a +15 consistency which funny
One of the most consistently inconsistent shooters in the NBA gets an upgrade in consistency.

That's what we need! An overrated piece of crap chucker getting even cheesier online. Perfect.

Glad 2k is paying attention to the Knicks, I really am.

# 25 THE POLISH HAMMER @ 04/03/13 03:21 PM
I might actually use Orlando a little bit now...

# 26 basketball444 @ 04/03/13 03:25 PM
Gordon Hayward posting 15 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 49% while playing stellar defense his last 10, helping the Jazz to a 5 game winning streak. Seriously, what did Meeks do to even deserve an upgrade? It's not even because Hayward is playing well, it's the fact that they had his rating wrong to begin with and haven't touched it since 2k11

# 27 mango_prom @ 04/03/13 03:39 PM
Chandler Parsons: 15 ppg shooting 48 FG% and 38% 3P% -> 60 consistency (+15)
J.R. Smith : 17.5 ppg shooting 41 FG% and 35% 3P% -> 75 consistency (+15)

Of course...

Having troubles with adding cyberfaces or stuff like that is one thing. But if your roster editors have no f*cking clue about the league their game is supposed to "simulate", it's an entirely different thing.
But maybe devs are actually laughing at these complaints, don't know. 2k won't see my money again...

# 28 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/03/13 03:41 PM
In case anyone is wondering, here are the tweets that I made about the Pacers. Feel free to dispute them...

Quote:
@NBA2KInsider Change Paul George's position to SF/SG. 61% of his minutes are at SF and 14% at SG this season.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider PG24's Active Hands should be PickPocket SS. Most of his steal come from passing lanes and on-ball...http://goo.gl/0kqQz
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider Paul George is averaging 1.95 SPG since ASW. Increase STL rating above 78 and DEF above 82. Leads league in DWS at 6.26.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider Raise Hibbert's BLK/LPD/DAWR ratings. He's been 2nd-4th in BPG all season. 9th 2nd chance PTS and 1st PIP allowed Post-ASW.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider For past 10 games, Hibbert averaged 18.2 PPG, 9.8 RPG, on 48.6 FG%, Needs slight increase in OAWR, DREB, HUS, LPO, and SIT.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider According to http://espn.com and http://nba.com , Hibbert is listed as 280 lbs. Please change.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider George Hill has a 3.77 AST/TO since ASW which makes him "6th" among PGs. He needs minor increases to PASS, HND, and SEC.
Quote:
@NBA2KInsider Give David West Post Playmaker. He averages 3.0 APG (3rd Among PFs), 21.3 AST% (2nd), and 1.44 AST/T

# 29 mango_prom @ 04/03/13 04:11 PM
@ksuttonjr76

First of all, I agree with everyone who wants more attention for small market teams...having said that, I don't like all these minor rating tweaks if a player is lighting it up for a week. That's not because I don't like Hibbert, dude is underrated as hell. So are the Pacers in general. And as a Mavs fan, I'd love to have one of the underrated Pacers bigs or maybe George Hill instead of the crap Dirk has to put up with this year...But it's not like abilities and skills these guys have worked on their whole life are lost after a few bad games or suddenly there because of a hot streak.

In my opinion, rating adjustments during a season should be reserved for young prospects who show real progress in terms of adapting to the NBA, and also maybe veterans showing decline of athletic ability and stuff like that. All should be based on trends we can see over the course of the whole season.

It's the same with a player like J.R. Smith. His last few games were pretty great, but even with these great performances, his stats for the whole season are below his career averages. So I agree that 2k should show some love to small market teams, but not based on a few games.

# 30 Streaky McFloorburn @ 04/03/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball444
It's not even because Hayward is playing well, it's the fact that they had his rating wrong to begin with and haven't touched it since 2k11
This is a very good point. Hayward's scoring has gone up because his usage has increased, but it's not like he's made some huge leap in every area of his game. He's been underrated since he came into the league. I did find 3 specific areas of improvement though.

1) He's taking better care of the ball. At first it didn't look like it because his TO/G are identical to last season and his ast/TO down, but with his larger ballhandling responsibility, this means TOs are occuring at a much lower rate (almost 4% better than last season and more than 7% better than his rookie year).

2) Attacking the basket more off the dribble. The majority of his shots at the rim are still assisted, but this season he's created 8% more of them with the ball in his hands, which also shows in his lower FG% and larger blkd%, but more importantly, his vastly improved and1% (34th in the league) and steadily improving free throw rate (50th).

3) On-ball defense. His improvement doesn't show up in any of the basic stats, or even the catch-all advanced defensive measurements. But he has become one of the best players in the league at taking charges (34th again), which shows that he is now consistently beating players to the spots they want to get. Considering that his quickness numbers at the draft combine were nothing special (though his speed was very good), this suggests that his defensive awareness has increased greatly.

So that's Off/Def Awr, Ball Hndl/Sec, and Hustle ratings, as well as Draw Foul/Take Charge tendencies that probably need to be increased, as well as the ratings from the earlier thread devoted to him. I'd guess it's enough to put his OVR somewhere around 77-78.

# 31 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/03/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
@ksuttonjr76

First of all, I agree with everyone who wants more attention for small market teams...having said that, I don't like all these minor rating tweaks if a player is lighting it up for a week. That's not because I don't like Hibbert, dude is underrated as hell. So are the Pacers in general. And as a Mavs fan, I'd love to have one of the underrated Pacers bigs or maybe George Hill instead of the crap Dirk has to put up with this year...But it's not like abilities and skills these guys have worked on their whole life are lost after a few bad games or suddenly there because of a hot streak.

In my opinion, rating adjustments during a season should be reserved for young prospects who show real progress in terms of adapting to the NBA, and also maybe veterans showing decline of athletic ability and stuff like that. All should be based on trends we can see over the course of the whole season.

It's the same with a player like J.R. Smith. His last few games were pretty great, but even with these great performances, his stats for the whole season are below his career averages. So I agree that 2k should show some love to small market teams, but not based on a few games.
By no means was my post meant as a spit on the other teams outside of LA, NYC, and Miami. I totally agree with you that other teams need attention too, but what I'm noticing is that the "2K Insider" is mainly following the twitter posts. I make these minor recommendations, because the 2KInsider is not, from what I can tell, using any other tool to determine who he gives decreases/increases to. Basically, every change made to the Pacers was a result of my tweets. Plus, all player edits were a result of the Twitter posts, and people have been crying "foul" on JR Smith for about 2-3 weeks now.

I have "@NBA2KInsider" as a saved search, and I can safely say that 95% of the player edits was made due to Twitter. Real talk, Haywood is not getting a boost, because I might have seen his name mentioned 1-2 times in the past 1-3 months. I'm trying recall if anyone has ever mentioned the Mavs other than Vince Carter's 3PT rating.

The reality is this...the 2K Insider is some dude paid to make injury rotations, lineup changes, and appease big market twitter users.

EDIT:
FWIW, the Pacers have been one of the better teams all season, since their poor start in November. They just don't get the "respect" they deserve.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...nse-in-indiana

H*ll...their national televised Friday game on ESPN against OKC was bumped for the Heat/Bobcats game. It made sense when Miami was on their historic run, but they decided to keep the game although Miami's streak was broken.

# 32 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/03/13 05:21 PM
Here's a link...

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...sider&src=savs

Use the CTRL+F to search the posts made to the 2KInsider about various players.

# 33 hear me now @ 04/03/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
shumperts 3 is the same at a 76 that whats even more strange...thats the only plausible increase he could have had
Yeah, he needed his three increased and his dunks reduced.

# 34 cj2008nw @ 04/03/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
How the hell did Shumpert get and INCREASE?!
Because he's starting to play better then when he originally came back from his ACL tear and the only thing that increased was consistency

# 35 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 04/03/13 06:48 PM
Shumpert should have never been 80 IMO, he is a 70s player, esp now

# 36 cj2008nw @ 04/03/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Shumpert should have never been 80 IMO, he is a 70s player, esp now
Well before he tore his ACL he was a key Role Player with the Knicks who had a lot of good games last season but back from ACL tear he should only be a 75 or 74 at best

# 37 cj2008nw @ 04/03/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Chandler Parsons: 15 ppg shooting 48 FG% and 38% 3P% -> 60 consistency (+15)
J.R. Smith : 17.5 ppg shooting 41 FG% and 35% 3P% -> 75 consistency (+15)

Of course...

Having troubles with adding cyberfaces or stuff like that is one thing. But if your roster editors have no f*cking clue about the league their game is supposed to "simulate", it's an entirely different thing.
But maybe devs are actually laughing at these complaints, don't know. 2k won't see my money again...
Basketball is not a stat based game

# 38 JazzMan @ 04/03/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
Basketball is not a stat based game
Stats are the best thing that we have to measure players other than film. And of course, 1 guy isn't going to watch every single game and study every single player, especially if he ignores all but 20 guys.

# 39 kc1nyk @ 04/03/13 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick
hmm.. interesting
Harkless and O'Quinn need to be increased.

And whatever happened to MyTeam Updates? Where the hell is KMart and why is Redick still on the Magic and TRob still on the Kings? If anyone on the OS squad or anyone who is in contact with Ronnie2k PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE ask him to update MyTeam because i want KMart on my MyTeam and its hard to find traded people like redick. And they need to add silver signature skills BACK TO THE ROTATION!!!! And why don't Copeland and Prigoni's value increase and decrease they just stay at 500 vc

# 40 cj2008nw @ 04/03/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Stats are the best thing that we have to measure players other than film. And of course, 1 guy isn't going to watch every single game and study every single player, especially if he ignores all but 20 guys.
I understand what your saying but you also have to add in the number of minutes and shot attempts if your going to use stats don't just throw out percentages because that's never really going to be that accurate and if 2k does have an Insider I think he should watch EVERY game and I catch enough Knicks games to see that Shumpert has improved since being back and I don't have a problem with him getting a boost in consistency

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.