Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has posted his NCAA Football 14 preview.

Quote:
The running game isn't the only part of NCAA 14's gameplay that's being worked on. Tiburon is implementing a feature it calls "real AI," which Haumiller said comes from EA Canada's FIFA Soccer and NHL franchises. It plays out as "teaching the AI how to run the option the right way through repetition," said Haumiller, explaining that the CPU will learn to run and mix up plays "like a human does." The computer will also be much better at running the ball and defending against your running game, according to Haumiller.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TryHard_Nation @ 04/03/13 11:22 AM
Impressed and shocked.

# 2 darren1024 @ 04/03/13 11:27 AM
I think the espn article was way more indepth.

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 04/03/13 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
I think the espn article was way more indepth.
It was except the ESPN article doesn't have that nice little piece about the Ai and how it's the same now as FIFA and NHL have.

# 4 SteelerSpartan @ 04/03/13 11:32 AM
yes Mid Socks everywhere!!

The physics engine also gives players momentum — movement will look more realistic, since players will have to plant their feet in order to make a cut. They'll decelerate properly as they change direction,

# 5 The_Wise_One @ 04/03/13 11:37 AM
Interesting indeed. We need a short clip or something.

# 6 bonannogiovanni @ 04/03/13 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
yes Mid Socks everywhere!!

The physics engine also gives players momentum — movement will look more realistic, since players will have to plant their feet in order to make a cut. They'll decelerate properly as they change direction,

Won't believe it till I see it.....

# 7 cuttingteeth @ 04/03/13 11:53 AM
My give-a-crap meter is leveling up.

# 8 AuburnAlumni @ 04/03/13 01:31 PM
Sounds awesome.

People tend to give EA a lot of grief, but they HAVE put some legit effort into a ton of areas (Coaching Carousel, Online Dynasty, Recruiting, Custom Conference realignment, etc.)

I wrote a few different opinions on the series and have said that if they would just improve the horrid screens and blocking system, the game will be 100x improved.

Sounds like both of those areas were improved.

Now just get my streaming of stadium sounds working again and I'll be an even happier camper.

# 9 AuburnAlumni @ 04/03/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Coaching Carousel wasnt touched last year. Unless you are talking about improvement in this years game.
I'm talking about the actual introduction of a Coaching Carousel, which EA added a couple of years ago.

As much as we all like to jump all over EA for "not caring", etc....there's no denying that quite a few legit additions have been added for the hard core fans.

I've got my gripes as much as the next guy on various things, but I'm glad to hear about more improvements on areas that have drastically needed them.

Just need to SEE it in action now.

Oh..and I'm still waiting for that happy day that the absurdity that is "jump the snap" is abolished from the NCAA universe.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.