Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 KICKS OFF FIRST GAME DETAILS

Play True to Your Team with Physics-Based Gameplay, Enhanced Dynasty and the Introduction of Ultimate Team

Today Electronic Arts Inc., revealed the first details of the upcoming NCAA football game, set to launch on Tuesday, July 9. EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 14, will unlock the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics tuned with the collegiate game in mind plus new Dynasty experiences and the inclusion of Ultimate Team.

“This year marks the greatest leap forward in a generation for the NCAA Football franchise,” said Randy Chase, Marketing Director for EA SPORTS. “The inclusion of the Infinity Engine and several new gameplay features make this year’s game feel incredibly fresh and authentic, and the introduction of Ultimate Team will give fans the chance to take the field with some of the most well-known players of all time.”

Today EA SPORTS released the first producer video for NCAA Football 14.

New to NCAA Football 14 is the introduction of Infinity Engine 2, which unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics and the new force impact system. The new engine creates a fresh experience, and opens up opportunities for user-controlled stumble recoveries and hard cuts. Furthermore, the force impact system enhances the power of truck moves and the Hit Stick, and creates more realistic and dynamic reactions when a runner attempts to stiff-arm a defender.

A renewed focus on the college-style option game allows you to play true to your team with over 30 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. NCAA Football 14 highlights key defenders before the snap so fans can read their movements to know when to handoff, pitch or keep the ball. Play Action Option plays have also been evolved to make it easier than ever to fake the run, set up the throw and burn overly-aggressive defenders.

Additional information on NCAA Football 14 Playbooks will be released on the following dates:

Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.

NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.

Dynasty (to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.

Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.

Experience a whole new game in NCAA Football 14 with the introduction of real-time physics and the Force Impact system. Gameplay has also been tuned with the college game in mind, with special attention paid to collegiate staples like the Spread Option offense.
  • Physics - The new and improved Infinity Engine 2 comes to NCAA Football, bringing with it renewed authenticity and enhanced realism.

• Stumble Recovery - Fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards. Utilize the right control stick to try and regain your feet or lunge forward for that extra yard.

• Force Impact Trucking and Hitting - Feel the power of physics as runners bowl over defenders or tacklers make a big hit on the ball carrier, all driven by the new Force Impact system. Also, utilize improved stiff-arms that take size and strength into consideration.

• Running Game Improvements - The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field.

• Option Offense - Play true to your team with over 20 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Highlight key defenders before the snap and read their movement after to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/03/13 01:19 PM
After watching the video. Overall it looks decent and not to excited with more footage and up to date footage at that. But a few things that worry me right now. One is that the global speed on how fast the players move is still a little to fast. They need to slow it down a little more. 2 they mention of the new and improve run blocking. While it is early and all. Why didn't they mention anything about pass blocking as well. Pass blocking better be improve as well or the 20 new option plays will useless as well. The AI blocking has be redone and over hauled. Sounds nice. But would love to see more video on it first before I happy with it. But the first video looked nice. Decent start to the hype year.

# 42 johnnyg713 @ 04/03/13 01:20 PM
I like everything I am seeing. The only thing I don't like about the cutting is that the running backs seem to be going too fast to be making cuts like that. IRL you would most likely end up tearing an ACL if you stuck your foot in the ground the way the players seem to be doing in the video.

What running backs do in real life before cutting is sort of shorten their step. The problem with EA recreating this animation is that they cannot tell when you are going to cut (This is why the cuts do not look natural. It wouldn't make sense for a couple quick steps or feet chopping animations to play out when you go to cut. It would take away from control). My solution would be to add a quick step control to slow down the running back or have the running back always moving and the player has to decide how to steer him. Sort of like a car.

# 43 BenGerman @ 04/03/13 01:22 PM
Hard to be too upset. Just in one days worth of info, EA has mentioned several things we have been calling for forever.

I'm optimistic.

# 44 SteelerSpartan @ 04/03/13 01:22 PM
Most of these vids were of players in space...Moving forward Im going to be looking to see if they've added new Engaged Blocking/Tackling animations.

In the past there were so few of those....that you could predict easily which way the defender was going to throw your O-Linemen and easily shoot through that space

I'll be looking for animations where the defenders drive blockers straight back into the ball carrier stopping his momentum and then making an attempt at a tackle.

EAs football games need a lot more of these

# 45 Phobia @ 04/03/13 01:43 PM
WOW the running and movement has seen ZERO improvement. If anything the sliding and gliding is even worse. Where is this supposed improvement to how players cut, stop, and accelerate??? To me it looked the exact same unrealistic movement with a few more "animations" thrown in to simulate the cut or change of direction. Yet true momentum and redistributing that weight in a different direction does not look to exists at all.

All I can end with is WOW, EA needs some serious overhaul in the gameplay development category. Nothing against the developers now but they are just not pushing any boundaries and yet again the EA football series advances another year with minimally improvement. Where is the spark to create something fresh, new, and exciting? Where is the drive to create the most realistic football experience out there?

All I see is the same product released year in and year out with very VERY little done to it.

# 46 khaliib @ 04/03/13 01:47 PM
As another poster noted earlier, the realism of collision is not playing out correctly.

1) Currently all collisions seem to end with animations playing out a forward of backwards result/conclusion.

2) I really hate seeing ball carriers carry the ball like a loaf of bread during contact animations.
- this takes away from all they are trying to accomplish because it stands out like a sore thumb, as being unrealistic.
-our ball carriers are constantly yelled at about covering the ball.
-this reveals that "Ball Physics" are still the same, which indicates that "Punt" physics is still the same.

3) Not enough folks falling to the ground through out the entire play sequence.
-players still run into the "Standing Dance" animation no matter size, momentum or angle of contact.
-WR running into a Standing Block animation with a LB that is supposed to be running at full speed.
-code a crack back or something, but please limit the "Standing Dance" blocking animation.

4) It still seems as though running still falls into (2) outcomes (Open Space or Tackle Animation)
- If space is there, you can run.
- If no space is there, the only other alternative is breaking out of a "Tackle Animation" either L, R or backwards.
- "NO" running/driving through the LOS (OL/DL) and "Pushing the Pile..."

I believe is they make the "Football" the focal point of ALL tackle animations intead of the "Player", it will/would help bring all the Contact Animations together in a more fluid and realistic manner.

Hope some of these notations through out the process isn't just noted, but also somehow implemented or used to adjust game.

# 47 thelasthurtknee @ 04/03/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportzfan0290
No mention on new teams or if FCS is back.
we will get new d1 teams but not FCS. dont forget that they have to license the teams, conferences and tournament and spend 100's of hours making unis for the teams and not to mention the logics and skill balancing. not gonna happen. dont forget that each team, conference and bowl get a royalty check from this game. FSU got a couple hundred thousand just themselves a few years ago. there is alot more than goes into it than just wanting it. maybe we will get a good team maker next gen so we can do it ourselves.

# 48 thelasthurtknee @ 04/03/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As another poster noted earlier, the realism of collision is not playing out correctly.

1) Currently all collisions seem to end with animations playing out a forward of backwards result/conclusion.

2) I really hate seeing ball carriers carry the ball like a loaf of bread during contact animations.
- this takes away from all they are trying to accomplish because it stands out like a sore thumb, as being unrealistic.
-our ball carriers are constantly yelled at about covering the ball.
-this reveals that "Ball Physics" are still the same, which indicates that "Punt" physics is still the same.

3) Not enough folks falling to the ground through out the entire play sequence.
-players still run into the "Standing Dance" animation no matter size, momentum or angle of contact.
-WR running into a Standing Block animation with a LB that is supposed to be running at full speed.
-code a crack back or something, but please limit the "Standing Dance" blocking animation.

4) It still seems as though running still falls into (2) outcomes (Open Space or Tackle Animation)
- If space is there, you can run.
- If no space is there, the only other alternative is breaking out of a "Tackle Animation" either L, R or backwards.
- "NO" running/driving through the LOS (OL/DL) and "Pushing the Pile..."

I believe is they make the "Football" the focal point of ALL tackle animations intead of the "Player", it will/would help bring all the Contact Animations together in a more fluid and realistic manner.

Hope some of these notations through out the process isn't just noted, but also somehow implemented or used to adjust game.
its not a gameplay vid. its to show you exactly what we saw. guys getting plowed over. we have been asking for it. they give it to us and we complain already because it look overpowered. its all they showed, of course it looks overpowered. they were showcasing the feature. just wait for game play vids.

# 49 UMhester04 @ 04/03/13 01:51 PM
step in the right direction...they still need to fix:

-running animations (DESPERATELY)
-the cpu from turning exactly the same time as when you go to cut
-running animations again
-trucking shouldn't result in defenders getting lifted off the ground

# 50 BenGerman @ 04/03/13 01:57 PM
The only really bad animation I saw was the playing being knocked flat on his back. Everything else looks fine, as long as the animation isn't used too much.

The 1:37 play was a thing of beauty. I'd love to see the defensive end of these plays, where the defensive player has the size/momentum advantage.

# 51 jagsrock95 @ 04/03/13 01:58 PM
Why do I still only see only one defender at a time making momentum changing contact/tackle/wrapping up with the others just whiffing or just falling to the ground. I do like how the stiff arm looks though.

# 52 bpac55 @ 04/03/13 02:00 PM
same cleats and equipment for going on 5 years now?

# 53 newtonfb @ 04/03/13 02:01 PM
You guys are delusional.

Foot planting...great..except for the fact that i saw multiple times throughout the video where I saw a player "slide"
All the animations are so terrible!!!! Everyone is so stiff. Real physics my ***. You cant have "real" physics with robots running around.
What the hell is with the RB trucking a guy and the defender leaping off the ground..thats just stupid.

I want to be excited..i really do but, im going to pass until next gen comes out and hopefully they have a real updated engine. The engine they use now is so dated its embarrassing for a video game in 2013. Jesus..to see the animations in the video its just embarrassing. Nobody is running fluid and "foot planting" isnt even close to where it should be. Backbreaker wasnt a great game we all know that but atleast they had the engine in the right direction

# 54 StoneTomcat @ 04/03/13 02:04 PM
Are they forgetting that we had the jukes while running and the step back juke years ago and then they take them out and put them back in years later and act like its totally new to the game

# 55 khaliib @ 04/03/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
its not a gameplay vid. its to show you exactly what we saw. guys getting plowed over. we have been asking for it. they give it to us and we complain already because it look overpowered. its all they showed, of course it looks overpowered. they were showcasing the feature. just wait for game play vids.
-I've seen post like yours over the past 6 yrs.
-"wait for gameplay video's..."
-By the time these video's are out, it's too late to make any changes/adjustments.
-Now we have to do the "wait-n-see" for the 1st, 2nd and if we are lucky, 3rd Patch.

The video doesn't lie!
What's there is what's in the game in it's current state.

Guys have been getting "Plowed Over" since release on this console, so what's there to see.
And who has been asking for this?

Folks need stop using the term "Complaining", really!!!
We're just noting what we see as issues preventing this game from being what it should be by now.

Really, find a new term folks or simply don't respond.

Keep the notations going guys

# 56 damion2721 @ 04/03/13 02:09 PM
Loving the new gear..

# 57 TuscanSota @ 04/03/13 02:09 PM
Hopefully now I can try to run the option without being tackled for -2 yards, every single time....

The trailer looks good, and I'm glad they are working on the running game. However, I want to to know if there's going to be more to the game- maybe FCS teams, or new features in Dynasty?

# 58 PVarck31 @ 04/03/13 02:15 PM
I've gotten so used to the bad running animations that I think that's how people run in real life. So they don't even bother me anymore. lol

But seriously, it looks like an improvement so far. At least they are trying with the foot planting we've been asking for, for 7 years.

# 59 jtott @ 04/03/13 02:19 PM
If there is no playable broadcast camera in the game .... Then it will be another year of no ncaa football for me

# 60 kingsofthevalley @ 04/03/13 02:37 PM
Break down

0:30 (+) Now thats how footplanting is supposed to look.

0:40 (+) Nice cut animation. (-) This is where proper defensive animations come into play to add to the overall look. Defender should be extending that left arm in a grab attempt.

0:43 (+) Another nice cut animation. (-) Once again, need that reach animation implemented gents.

0:46 (+) Exactly what I'm talking about. Nice cut with the defender then going off balance and reaching for the RB. Perfect look. A reach similar to this should be implemented in all the interactions with defenders and RBs.

0:53 (+) No real gameplay significance but I like that lighting and that angle. Just the overall look of the players here catch my attention.

1:02 (-) Still has a somewhat robotic look to the running animations. At this point I dont think this will be remedied within the current console generation.

1:10 (-) Still traces of the zig zag running. You can clearly see it as the RB maneuvers between defenders. Not a good look gents.

1:16 (+) Nice animation here with the RB planting and extending his arm. The ESPN article actually states that RBs now will push off the backs of their O line. This looks like that might be it. This means the limbs are moving independently now which goes back to my previous statement about the defenders reaching in ALL situations. Try to make that happen please.

1:34 (-) That should've been some type of struggle there. Very over the top truck animation in my opinion. Took me out of the moment. Not good.

1:35 (-) I'm prepared for odd things to happen even with the improved infinity engine. That hit did absolutely NOTHING to suspend my disbelief. Totally off. Not a good look.

1:36 (-) Another odd infinity/wrong animation wrong time moment. Not possible. At least not at that angle.

1:39 (+) Nice truck. Good interaction between RB and defender.

1:44 (-) Strange. Defender just flew back. Should've been some type of struggle there.

1:45 (+) PERFECT! Looked very good. Where did that truck come from!!! (Old heads remember the Madden commentary from back in the day)

1:50 (-) Negativo!! Lifted off of his feet and flew back. Nah. Come on now.

1:52 (+) Perfect stiff arm fight animation. I can dig it.

Evened out. 9 plus and 9 minus!! Overall its looking pretty decent though. I'm on the train. Wish they could somehow fix the robotic/stiff aura the game gives off. Animations dont mesh well much of the time so it kind of jars you out of the experience.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.