Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

TSO has posted a more detailed look at all of the recent NCAA Football 14 news.

Quote:
I've been hammering for this feature ever since I joined the EA Sports Game Changer program as I feel that it is another important aspect of NCAA Football that we were simply missing. You guys who love the no-huddle and up-tempo offenses are going to be challenged with managing substitutions or risk getting the ball to a running back or wide receiver and him not having any gas left in the tank to take it anywhere up field. This will also force people to actually look at your substitution sliders in your coaching preferences.

This will also effect some special team decisions. Not that it was a good idea before, but utilizing your star skill players for punt and kick returners will ultimately reduce their effectiveness as the workhorses for your offensive attack. Additionally, a guy with 99 SPD 99 ACL and 99 AGI may not be the best option as a kick returner if his stamina is only a 62. Sure, he breaks the field open more often than anyone else on your team, but you won't think as highly of him when he gets sucked up from behind every time as he starts to fatigue. Conversely, players with lower speeds but higher stamina ratings will be rewarded for sticking with a play and taking good angles as their efforts could end up paying off in the form of a touchdown saving tackle.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 milkmanv1 @ 04/04/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Gotta love EA and all of their catch phrases.

NCAA Football has probably changed the least out of all of their franchises from year-to-year.

Now you're telling me that they've added all of these new features right before next gen systems come out?

Ok, I'll bite.

So you're telling me that Stamina was basically meaningless for the past 10+ iterations of NCAA Football but now it matters because you've added a stamina meter under each player? But Stamina is affected by a Sprint mechanism that the User no longer controls.

What if I don't want to Sprint/Accelerate when the AI wants me to? I'm punished because of it. And how does it affect a LB who is out in coverage making a magical break on the ball?

Show me an actual gameplay video, not a Sizzle trailer.
According to the ESPN, the user controls speed bursts again, it's no longer automatic.

# 22 OmahaKnights @ 04/05/13 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
"Most importantly, you're going to see a player's stamina during a play, and watch it drain as a long run plays out, or as he chains together a juke followed by a spin followed by a truck, with each move decreasing in effectiveness as his stamina runs out. "If you're scrambling with your quarterback, you're more likely to get a less accurate throw at the end," Richart says.

This should cut down on that multiplayer staple, the quarterback's 198-step drop followed by a sideline-to-sideline run followed by a laser beam to the flanker. Last year, NCAA Football 13 hardwired 3, 5 and 7-step drop animations into some plays to keep players from instinctively laying back on the left stick, but they still did it anyway. With play-to-play stamina—which will be informed by a player's rating, and will be less in fourth quarter or in overtime than at the start of a drive in the first quarter—cheap stuff can be more easily neutralized." http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ew-kotaku.html
Beautiful. That's a step in the right direction, that's for sure.

# 23 avwhitechic @ 04/05/13 07:01 AM
If gameplanning is still in the game none of this will matter i.e. Jump the snap

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

# 24 Reed1417 @ 04/08/13 01:32 PM
I'm really excited to see all this new stuff in motion!

# 25 LambertandHam @ 04/08/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
I'm really excited to see all this new stuff in motion!
About two months to E3, lots of video.

# 26 BezO @ 04/08/13 03:28 PM
Is Drifterbub an OS member? I was hoping for some clarification.

Quote:
"RTP/Infinity Engine 2.0"

I want to start by clearing up any confusion or to those who are being pessimistic - EA simply did not just port over the physics from Madden 13 and call it done. A lot of work was done to rework this and has already been talked about in the aforementioned articles. While it's already been stated that a big focus was put on the ball carrier (and there was), there was a big focus to add some modifications that add a lot of NCAA flair (like actually using NCAA blocking rules instead of NFL, option game overhaul, read option overhaul, etc). Above all else, defense reacts to these things differently. From an overall gameplay perspective, my experience at the first community event was very refreshing.
Any of that flair include IE applying to all interaction and not just tackles?

Quote:
"Acceleration Burst Mechanic"

For a running back, this rewards patience running tosses or stretch plays. There were several times that I would string a play into let's say, the 5 hole only to explode back towards the center and against the grain of the defense to bust a play open for big yards.
I almost got excited then I remembered how loose terminology can be around here. Did you cutback behind an over pursuing defense, some of which were being ridden beyond the play by blockers?

Quote:
"Fatigue Meter"
Any word on the real time affect? For example, if someone uses the no huddle offense, does snapping the ball quick vs snapping it at the end of the playclock make a difference in recovery? In other words, will players remain tired just because the user used the no huddle?

And has there been a distinction made between no huddle & hurry up offenses?

Quote:
"Stumble Mechanic"
What happens when you don't flick the stick? Does the ball carrier fall after broken tackles? Is there always a stumble animation after a broken tackle?

Quote:
"Avoidance Mechanic"

...What most people miss with the announcement of this feature is what it means for the defense. Linebackers will no longer get lost in the crowd and will use the same mechanics to avoid defenders in front of them taking on blocks. Combined with the new blocking logic, this makes every run play a chess match between backs and linebackers.
Are engaged players now able to flow laterally? Do defenders now have gap assignments? What's creating the chess match?

Quote:
"Targeting Mechanic"

...Defenders will now break down when coming head-on with a ball carrier...
Can you elaborate? I didn't see any defenders breaking down for tackles in the vid. Is this something that had not been implemented prior to the vid? Or maybe "break down" means something else.

Quote:
"Blocking Logic"

- Screen plays

- Options/Running game
Is there now block & release logic/animations on screen plays?

Does the blocking logic account for shifting d-lines and/or LBs? Does it account for user repositioning individual players?

# 27 Sausage @ 04/08/13 04:05 PM
We have to remember these sites want to continue to have access to the devs and get a chance to play early. This is usually why previews are usually glowing and a lot of issues are "winked" off, and we notice it after 1 half of play.

I just can't really believe anything I read anymore and have to just play the demo and rent the retail which could be different.

# 28 drifterbub @ 04/09/13 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Bezo, I don't think Drifterbub is on OS, he and others run their own website Traditional Sports Online. You could probably ask him about this stuff by posting over there, he has answered any questions asked on that site to the best of his ability, imo. I think those are some good constructive questions you have so he will likely address what he can.
I'm here, just don't see a huge reason to come here often. And I'm blocked at work...

# 29 drifterbub @ 04/09/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I call those answers, stock answers, or stock info. Because he stated nothing that hasn't already been said.
Feel free to ask anything you want. There is only certain things I can talk about (obviously), but I've done my best to be as detailed as possible.

# 30 BezO @ 04/11/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterbub
I'm here, just don't see a huge reason to come here often. And I'm blocked at work...
Never mind. I see your answers at TSO.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.