Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show game update has arrived this morning, weighing in at 167 MB. According to The Show Nation, here are the details. As always, let us know what you are seeing.
  • Difficulty fix for ALL Online Modes.

• Significant Steal Early exploit in on online game

• Online Game soft hangs when pinch hitting or bringing in a reliever past the 7th inning.

• Manager mode, the CPU will never setup for double plays. When there are runners on (1st base/1st and 2nd/1st and 3rd/bases loaded) and 0 or 1 outs, the defense would not be in DOUBLE PLAY depth. And turning a double play would result in a looping throw to 2nd base, and the AI would almost never turn the double play. Now, in the runners on base situation, the defense will play in double play depth and gracefully attempt to turn double plays. This previously only affected Manager Mode. Please verify that this change does not affect the general game modes (User vs CPU) in exhibition or season style games

• Addressed an issue with completed games in the ticker.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chitown @ 04/09/13 11:46 AM
My question would be do I have ro re-start my Franchise? I am not very far into it but still would not want to restart..

# 22 bigball12 @ 04/09/13 12:04 PM
Timing hitting back for unranked?

# 23 GBonds88 @ 04/09/13 12:10 PM
I have played 2 games so far(one of them was a 12 inning game with multiple pitcher changes) and I have yet to see any pitching stutter.

I don't know what to tell these people who are experiencing this stutter. I have downloaded every update and after the last update I haven't seen the stutter at all.

Maybe you can delete your 10GB(or 5GB) install + the patch you have and re-download them. I hope this will fix the problem for you, I found it extremely annoying when I did experience the pitcher stuttering so I feel for you guys who have sat through 2 updates and still have to go through this problem.

Good Luck guys

# 24 magoo1967 @ 04/09/13 12:11 PM
Wow these reports of the return of the pitch stutter are extremely troubling. I had the stutter so bad prior to the previous update (1.18) that the game was absolutely unplayable. I actually had to put the game on the shelf for weeks until it was addressed. However, since 1.18 came out I have been enjoying MLB 13 more than I ever have in the history of the franchise. The thought of having the game ruined again by the stuttering glitch is quite frankly scaring the s*** out of me. I guess I will hold off on 1.21 until more reports are in.

I know that you can't play online without the latest update, but will I still be able to download the latest rosters and play "The Show Live" offline (I am LOVING this mode)?

# 25 FrodoUK @ 04/09/13 12:18 PM
Many are reporting the stutter to still be gone so it's best to just download and see for yourself...

# 26 nomo17k @ 04/09/13 12:22 PM
and it is important to distinguish regular lag and on-pitch release stutter.

The former is just the limitation of the game, while the latter was a genuine issue. In any case, no overreaction is necessary.

# 27 merchant1874 @ 04/09/13 12:37 PM
I'm going to hold off on this until some trusted posters start reporting (no offence but there are guys I just trust here)

Is it online or offline people are experiencing it? I can do without 1.21 for the moment as I don't play online. Really hope this hasn't happened to offline games though.

# 28 ckarlic @ 04/09/13 12:38 PM
In going to download the patch when I get home from work as I rely on cloud saves to go from my PS3 and Vita.

# 29 magoo1967 @ 04/09/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoUK
Many are reporting the stutter to still be gone so it's best to just download and see for yourself...
Thanks, but if it does turn out to be a problem again it will render the game I am enjoying tremendously once again useless indefinitely. This doesn't sound like the "best" option at all. I will wait for more reports before updating, but it does seem like at least some are not seeing the stutter again so that's pretty hopeful

# 30 bluengold34_OS @ 04/09/13 12:54 PM
I just went and downloaded the patch, even though I was a bit timid to do so, since I had some bad stuttering before the last patch - I only played 4 innings, but saw no signs of any stuttering at all. It does suck for those are experiencing it again.

# 31 YanksFan11 @ 04/09/13 01:02 PM
I'm one of the people experiencing stutter. I have already deleted and reinstalled the game. I will download the patch again and report the results when I get home from work. Hopefully no stuttering.

FYI, I have one of the original clunky PS3's

# 32 FrodoUK @ 04/09/13 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
Thanks, but if it does turn out to be a problem again it will render the game I am enjoying tremendously once again useless indefinitely. This doesn't sound like the "best" option at all. I will wait for more reports before updating, but it does seem like at least some are not seeing the stutter again so that's pretty hopeful
I understand your concern mate.. it's not like you can even try it and then delete if it does it either as the stock game has the issue.

I'll be sure to report once I've installed. Heading home soon, it's gone 6pm here and I think I've done enough work for the day.

# 33 I3RIS3H @ 04/09/13 01:07 PM
I'll check when I get home on pitch stuttering. I didn't have it before the first patch so I don't expect to have it now. Is it safe to assume this is the last patch? I would've liked to see the crowd toned down a bit, but I realize that this is something that only I would find an issue with. Plus there are more troubling matters at the moment so this is completely fine with me.

# 34 bautistabomb @ 04/09/13 01:09 PM
Just played a full franchise game vs Tigers and had absolutely zero stutter post patch. Wasn't experience it much (maybe 2 or 3 pitches a game prior to first patch). Absolutely buttery smooth. No issues here. Playing on first gen 120gb slim model.

# 35 Brandwin @ 04/09/13 01:30 PM
If the fixes are for the most part, online only, there is no reason for me to download.

# 36 Knight165 @ 04/09/13 01:32 PM
Okay....I broke down and PLAYED(not managed ) two games with teams that people used with the original stutter problems.
Butter....as bautistabomb said.

I do get a few hitches in the main menu music, but in game is glass.
FWIW.

M.K.
Knight165

# 37 dsk @ 04/09/13 02:19 PM
I'm really starting to miss 2012's version.

# 38 bcruise @ 04/09/13 02:26 PM
I've still not seen a single pitch stutter since the previous patch on my own system (though I have seen it on a live stream of someone playing). I doubt it's really "back" per se, just the people who were still getting it after the last patch are still getting it now.

160 GB Slim PS3 here.

# 39 Mikebender13 @ 04/09/13 02:38 PM
When will they address franchise series stats!? Always 0-0, 0HR

# 40 PrettyT11 @ 04/09/13 03:51 PM
So there still is no rookie fix. It would great if we could get some kind of comment to let us know if it is even being looked at or anything. Was really hoping it would have been in this patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.