Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show game update has arrived this morning, weighing in at 167 MB. According to The Show Nation, here are the details. As always, let us know what you are seeing.
  • Difficulty fix for ALL Online Modes.

• Significant Steal Early exploit in on online game

• Online Game soft hangs when pinch hitting or bringing in a reliever past the 7th inning.

• Manager mode, the CPU will never setup for double plays. When there are runners on (1st base/1st and 2nd/1st and 3rd/bases loaded) and 0 or 1 outs, the defense would not be in DOUBLE PLAY depth. And turning a double play would result in a looping throw to 2nd base, and the AI would almost never turn the double play. Now, in the runners on base situation, the defense will play in double play depth and gracefully attempt to turn double plays. This previously only affected Manager Mode. Please verify that this change does not affect the general game modes (User vs CPU) in exhibition or season style games

• Addressed an issue with completed games in the ticker.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nomo17k @ 04/10/13 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
Hey Nomo.

The K/9 is still about 0.7 too low per league average and BB/9 is only 0.15 too high per league average.

I really hope SCEA gives us great sim stats know that they have the hardware of the PS-4 to work with.
As far as K% and BB% (after the patch) are concerned, those numbers might be a bit off if you compare to the numbers to the last couple years like you mentioned, but those were indeed close to the MLB ave 3 - 4 years ago. I believe that's when the sim engine was tuned to yield the MLB ave, and it seems to be carrying over the same result.

I honestly think it's just a matter of how the sim engine is tuned in detail, and not a bug or glitch or anything like that... K/9 off by 2 - 3 like we saw pre-patch is a glitch, but I don't feel the game if unrealistically off right now. It's just that the MLB has changed quite drastically in the last couple years for some reason (all these no hitters and perfect games....), and the game isn't necessarily playing a cat-mouse game.

Should the sim engine re-tuned in future, if the MLB stabilizes at the current level of pitching domination?? Maybe, but I think the issue is minute that I personally would rather see SCEA use the resource to improve other areas at this point...

# 82 thaSLAB @ 04/10/13 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
Hey Nomo.

The K/9 is still about 0.7 too low per league average and BB/9 is only 0.15 too high per league average.

I really hope SCEA gives us great sim stats know that they have the hardware of the PS-4 to work with.
2 words since you keep posting this: Standard Deviation.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 83 YanksFan11 @ 04/10/13 09:00 AM
Yesterday I had pitcher stuttering issues after I downloaded the patch.

Last night I deleted the game, reinstalled and downloaded the patch again. Played three games and had no stutter.

Hope this helps anyone else who is having difficulties with stuttering.

# 84 Brandwin @ 04/10/13 09:08 AM
I had no stutter problems before 1.18 or after. Maybe I'll skip this patch to be on the safe side.

# 85 thaSLAB @ 04/10/13 10:02 AM
Played 2 and a half games yesterday with the latest update (I have patches set to automatically update.)

No issues. Granted, I didn't have any issues with either of the previous versions either, FWIW.

# 86 stlchamp10 @ 04/10/13 11:29 AM
I have a dumb newb question but since I already started a franchise when the game first came out, do I have to restart my franchise or will the updates work fine with what I already started?

Thanks guys

# 87 nomo17k @ 04/10/13 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
I have a dumb newb question but since I already started a franchise when the game first came out, do I have to restart my franchise or will the updates work fine with what I already started?

Thanks guys
You can keep playing on the same season/franchise.

# 88 stlchamp10 @ 04/10/13 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
You can keep playing on the same season/franchise.
Thank you, much appreciated!

# 89 magoo1967 @ 04/10/13 02:14 PM
So I went ahead and updated to 1.21 last night due to reading mostly good stuff here (and because I am addicted to 'The Show Live' and it wouldn't let me play otherwise), and.....(drum roll)....... No Stutter! Played a few games across various modes and all was good. FWIW, I was having terrible stutter prior to 1.18, but ever since it's been all smooth sailing (PS3 slim with upgraded 500gb hard drive, 10gb game install).

Sorry to read that there are still a few having problems, hope they get worked out. With all the fixes, I am really enjoying the game this year more than ever. Just the sheer amount of different game modes and online challenges combined with all the customizable hitting, pitching, fielding, presentation and roster editing options make MLB 13 a thing of baseball beauty for me. It does seem obvious that the limitations of the PS3 hardware are being pushed pretty hard at this point and the graphics could use a nice bump to the current decade too. I must admit that even while I'm enjoying MLB 13 a ton, I can't help but think ahead and imagine how this game might evolve on the PS4 in years to come ...very promising indeed!

# 90 brett the jet favre @ 04/10/13 04:29 PM
Am i the only one that is having the game freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal?

# 91 I3RIS3H @ 04/10/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett the jet favre
Am i the only one that is having the game freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal?
When? During gameplay or on start up?

# 92 andybill @ 04/10/13 04:43 PM
Folks getting stutter - are you playing at 720p resolution?

On the opening screen there is a note that the game is played best in 720p. I don't know if anyone on here has run any tests on a possible link between running at 1080p and the stutter, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one. Just a thought

# 93 DGuinta1 @ 04/10/13 05:22 PM
Seems like The Show is running smoother with the less of the two installs to the HDD. Seems smother not using the 10GB install.

# 94 HustlinOwl @ 04/10/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Seems like The Show is running smoother with the less of the two installs to the HDD. Seems smother not using the 10GB install.
and yet I have the 10GB and no issues since the latest patch???

# 95 Knight165 @ 04/10/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett the jet favre
Always been like that.
That's when it's accessing data...online data is what I guess.
You mean on the main screens...correct?

M.K.
Knight165

# 96 AUTiger1 @ 04/10/13 06:17 PM
So was the SS not moving in defensive positioning problem fixed?

# 97 Knight165 @ 04/10/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
So was the SS not moving in defensive positioning problem fixed?
Manage only Mode?
Yes.

M.K.
Knight165

# 98 TimB @ 04/10/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
I'm recording my game right now so cannot get off to check myself, but I think you can do this by going to XMB and put the focus on The Show and by pressing triangle... you should be able to check the version of the game.

You should also test the stats on SCEA's default roster to see if the issue was fixed or not. If players are rated differently then there's no guarantee that stats line up.
It says I have Version 1.21
Is there a certain set of Sliders that's helping? I had three starters pitch every game this season and only one of them had over 100 Ks. I'm really just not understanding.

# 99 nomo17k @ 04/10/13 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB
It says I have Version 1.21
Is there a certain set of Sliders that's helping? I had three starters pitch every game this season and only one of them had over 100 Ks. I'm really just not understanding.
Which roster are you using and how many years into in the mode? Are these pitchers real players or generated players? Those would give me some clue as to what is happening.

# 100 TimB @ 04/10/13 10:43 PM
Quote:
Which roster are you using and how many years into in the mode? Are these pitchers real players or generated players? Those would give me some clue as to what is happening.
I'm using OSFM and they were all real players. It was only one year but I've done this several times with pretty similar results. Do you think if I deleted all of the game data and reinstalled it, that may help?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.