Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning. It contains 1 player rating adjustment for Kevin Love, who is out for the season. Everything else was player injury specific. As always, thanks to The Real 2K Insider for his breakdown.

INJURED PLAYERS

MISSING
  • Taj Gibson (76/PF) Bulls - Has not played since 4/2
  • Anthony Davis (79/PF) Hornets - Will miss rest of the season
INCORRECT
  • Richard Hamilton (73/SG) Bulls - Returned 4/9
  • Raja Bell (71/SG) Free Agents - Was never hurt. Was "injured" because of buyout dispute.
NEW
  • C.J. Miles (68/SF) Cavaliers
  • Enes Kanter (65/C) Jazz
  • Kenyon Martin (76/PF) Knicks
  • Danilo Gallinari (77/SF) Nuggets
  • Boris Diaw (65/PF) Spurs
  • Wesley Matthews (77/SG) Trail Blazers
  • Bradley Beal (75/SG) Wizards
RECOVERED
  • Dion Waiters (77/SG) Cavaliers
  • Kevin Garnett (84/PF) Celtics
  • James Johnson (66/SF) Kings
  • Metta World Peace (71/SF) Lakers
  • Will Bynum (67/PG) Pistons
  • Royce White (67/PF) Rockets
  • Sasha Pavlovic (57/SF) Trail Blazers

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 regGQ @ 04/12/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
Melo is rated at an 82 on my roster, but that is at PF, 88 at SF. sig skills are shot creator, hustle, microwave, deadeye, heat retention

JR i got at 81 with microwave shot creator and finisher
good thing no one is using your roster

# 22 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
good thing no one is using your roster
it works perfectly fine, im just not a star slurper and actually look at stats and %'s not just ESPN like 2k

# 23 mango_prom @ 04/12/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Gordon Hayward needs to get his respect my god , I hope there will be a new insider next year . They should have a contest where 2k selects the best 2k share roster and hire them as the new 2k insider .
That's one thing I absolutely hate about 2k13, the lack of any respect for player outside of superstars and big name 6th men.
It seems like there are mostly 2 types of players in the mind of 2k devs, spectacular all around superstars and scrubs with not that much in between.
What 2k doesn't understand is the value of good, solid role players that can make all the difference if put in the right system. Look at the Bulls without Rose. If you only read the names, do they look like a team likely to be only 3 wins behind the Nets at the end of the season?
Not to me, but even though all of their key players have some rather big weaknesses, the pieces fit together perfectly.

That's exactly what 2k doesn't get. Most superstars aren't the most skilled player in many different areas, but good to above average in lots of things.
On the other hand, many second tier guys or even role players are easily superior in certain aspects of the game even compared to someone like Kobe or Lebron.
And 2k simply won't get it. You don't have to be the best shooter in order to lead the league in scoring. The best PG doesn't need to be the best pure passer either.

Take midrange ratings as an example. We have off the dribble to differentiate iso scorers from spot up guys.
Now looking at real stats, Bosh is leading the league in mid range FG%. All the major volume scorers don't even make something like the Top 20...
And they don't have to. It's not completely wrong to say that there are at least 25 better pure shooters in the league than Kobe/Durant/Melo.
Lots of players should have better midrange ratings as the big guys, since the value of superstars is not that they're doing everything at the top level, but rather their ability to do many things good enough.

So players like Bosh, Ibaka, Marc Gasol and J.J.Hickson should absolutely have some of the highest midrange ratings in the game.
Yes...probably higher than Kobe and Melo. That's not unrealistic at all since their low off the dribble and ball handling ratings make them useless outside of spot up and PnR situations. But looking only at pure mid range shooting ability, they're probably at least equal to almost every big name superstar.

Instead of the whole overall rating bullsh*t, leading to the need to overrate superstars in every single rating category in order to keep OVR high enough to make fanboys happy, 2k should start to look at every ability on it's own.
So if the Top 30 midrange players are mostly non-superstars, so what? It would be much more realistic to rate players based on their abilities only.
Superstars would still dominate, since they have the most balanced skillsets overall. But they shouldn't be as good or better than all the specialized role players every team needs in order to be successful.

# 24 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:22 PM
the REAL problem is that the 2k insider does NOT exist...they just turn on sportscenter and add a bonus to someone who gets on the highlights and that is rare...

i believe bedwardsroy19 was getting a look from 2k based off what i saw on tiwtter, but i might be wrong

# 25 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/12/13 04:22 PM
Ummmm...Wade is still available? Hasn't he been hurt for the past 2-4 games and is not expected to return until the playoffs?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

# 26 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Ummmm...Wade is still available? Hasn't he been hurt for the past 2-4 games and is not expected to return until the playoffs?

c'mon you should know by now 2k wont take a star out if it hurts the heat

# 27 Blackhail92 @ 04/12/13 04:24 PM
lol damn melo an 82 though. Sheesh.

# 28 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
lol damn melo an 82 though. Sheesh.
his rebound ratings aren't "on par" with what makes an elite PF so 2k's overall system nuked him..he is an 88 as a SF though.

# 29 DWades House @ 04/12/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
That's one thing I absolutely hate about 2k13, the lack of any respect for player outside of superstars and big name 6th men.
It seems like there are mostly 2 types of players in the mind of 2k devs, spectacular all around superstars and scrubs with not that much in between.
What 2k doesn't understand is the value of good, solid role players that can make all the difference if put in the right system. Look at the Bulls without Rose. If you only read the names, do they look like a team likely to be only 3 wins behind the Nets at the end of the season?
Not to me, but even though all of their key players have some rather big weaknesses, the pieces fit together perfectly.

That's exactly what 2k doesn't get. Most superstars aren't the most skilled player in many different areas, but good to above average in lots of things.
On the other hand, many second tier guys or even role players are easily superior in certain aspects of the game even compared to someone like Kobe or Lebron.
And 2k simply won't get it. You don't have to be the best shooter in order to lead the league in scoring. The best PG doesn't need to be the best pure passer either.

Take midrange ratings as an example. We have off the dribble to differentiate iso scorers from spot up guys.
Now looking at real stats, Bosh is leading the league in mid range FG%. All the major volume scorers don't even make something like the Top 20...
And they don't have to. It's not completely wrong to say that there are at least 25 better pure shooters in the league than Kobe/Durant/Melo.
Lots of players should have better midrange ratings as the big guys, since the value of superstars is not that they're doing everything at the top level, but rather their ability to do many things good enough.

So players like Bosh, Ibaka, Marc Gasol and J.J.Hickson should absolutely have some of the highest midrange ratings in the game.
Yes...probably higher than Kobe and Melo. That's not unrealistic at all since their low off the dribble and ball handling ratings make them useless outside of spot up and PnR situations. But looking only at pure mid range shooting ability, they're probably at least equal to almost every big name superstar.

Instead of the whole overall rating bullsh*t, leading to the need to overrate superstars in every single rating category in order to keep OVR high enough to make fanboys happy, 2k should start to look at every ability on it's own.
So if the Top 30 midrange players are mostly non-superstars, so what? It would be much more realistic to rate players based on their abilities only.

Superstars would still dominate, since they have the most balanced skillsets overall. But they shouldn't be as good or better than all the specialized role players every team needs in order to be successful.
Yup.

Unfortunately it will be tough for 2K to explain to kids on twitter why someone like David West or Bosh would be better 15 foot jump shooters while open than somebody like say Kobe. Even though Kobe would still have the off the dribble and shot in traffic advantage over them.

# 30 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
Yup.

Unfortunately it will be tough for 2K to explain to kids on twitter why someone like David West or Bosh would be better 15 foot jump shooters while open than somebody like say Kobe. Even though Kobe would still have the off the dribble and shot in traffic advantage over them.
i got kobe with an 84 mid and bosh with a 91.. get this i gave bosh closer too

# 31 DWades House @ 04/12/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
his rebound ratings aren't "on par" with what makes an elite PF so 2k's overall system nuked him..he is an 88 as a SF though.
The only way to see if your 82 PF rating really works or not is to sim an 82 game season with those attributes. If you get figures on par with his real life numbers then fine, but otherwise it could be flawed.

# 32 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
The only way to see if your 82 PF rating really works or not is to sim an 82 game season with those attributes. If you get figures on par with his real life numbers then fine, but otherwise it could be flawed.
i did it at all-star break and it worked, but that roster got deleted because of 2k's auto save crap so im doing a season ending one

# 33 DWades House @ 04/12/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
i got kobe with an 84 mid and bosh with a 91.. get this i gave bosh closer too
Seems spot on to me. Although running Bosh in a PnR with closer activated would be a bit too OP lol. He already has that sig skill that makes bad releases effective.

# 34 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Seems spot on to me. Although running Bosh in a PnR with closer activated would be a bit too OP lol. He already has that sig skill that makes bad releases effective.
bosh is shooting 77% with 50% from 3 and 82% from FT in clutch time...i HAVE to give it to him if i want accurate rosters.

# 35 DWades House @ 04/12/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
bosh is shooting 77% with 50% from 3 and 82% from FT in clutch time...i HAVE to give it to him if i want accurate rosters.
Yeah I know what you mean, i just think the sig skill effect is dumb. But you're right, Bosh is a closer.

# 36 mango_prom @ 04/12/13 04:45 PM
Quote:
Yup.

Yeah, it's kind of the same as with sig skills. For example, Melo shouldn't be one of he best shooters by default, maybe by giving him even more extra bonuses using special skills.

It's not like he takes so many shots because he'll make them at a consistently superior percentage. If you're looking for an efficient mid range shooter, Gerald Henderson can do it. Jarrett Jack can do it, so can O.J. Mayo. They give you 15 ppg without jacking up inefficient shots.

Now Melo is not exactly a better shooter than these 3. But if you allow him to shoot as much as he wants, you'll have a decent chance that he'll win games on his own if he's feeling it. The downside is that he will also shoot you out of a lot of games if it doesn't work out.

So basically, the idea is to give players like Jarrett Jack and Kemba Walker at least equal, probably even slightly superior shooting ratings. Melo on the other hand gets the bonus of something like microwave, meaning he gets
rewarded for shooting at a higher volume. I mean can you imagine Melo taking limited shots in the flow of the offense?
Probably as pointless as giving Mayo 20+ shots per game...you get the idea.

# 37 turty11 @ 04/12/13 04:47 PM
Yeah i took bruiser off everyone its so broken.

Quote:
here are melos #'s i just simmed some seasons

actual season 27 pt, 1.6 Oreb, 4.7 Dreb, 2 ast, .8 stl, 44% fg 37% 3pt
my season 25 pt, 1.6 Oreb 4.8 Dreb, 2.4 ast, .7 stl, 46% fg, 38% 3pt

# 38 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/12/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
c'mon you should know by now 2k wont take a star out if it hurts the heat
Well that's some b.s. David West was out 3 games and listed day to day before he was yanked. The Heat announced Wade was more than likely done until the playoffs after missing 6 games, and it was announced today he would play tonight.

# 39 turty11 @ 04/12/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Well that's some b.s. David West was out 3 games and listed day to day before he was yanked. The Heat announced Wade was more than likely done until the playoffs after missing 6 games, and it was announced today he would play tonight.
yep noah gets hurt he gets taken out, wade sits for the last 2 weeks of the season except vs boston he is still in the lineup

# 40 Blackhail92 @ 04/12/13 05:45 PM
lol they took out k mart and hes day to day. and "would have played if it were for playoffs" while d wade is still there smh 2k. just smh. I will easily shut up about this if melo gets a rating upgrrade in the next update though. Also how does Eric maynor have dimer and Vasquez doesnt?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.