Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out all the new NCAA Football 14 screenshots, right here.

NCAA Football 14 gives players more control over their fate on the field and as a head coach than ever before. The introduction of Infinity Engine 2 allows you to play true to your team with gameplay tuned with the college game in mind, while new Coach Skills and Power Recruiting create the most engrossing Dynasty experience in a generation. Add in the inclusion of the fan-favorite Ultimate Team mode which includes a number of former NCAA stars, and you have the most feature-rich entry in the history of the franchise.

Features

Playbooks

Gameplay – The introduction of the Infinity Engine 2 unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football, bringing multiple college play-styles to life.
  • Physics – Real-time physics and the force impact system allows users to feel the big plays on offense and defense; with big hits, stiff-arms and truck moves which provide a more realistic and satisfying feeling than ever before.
  • Running Game Improvements – The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and new ball carrier avoidance behavior that allows runners to automatically move around blockers and prevent inadvertent collisions. Furthermore, utilize the new stumble recovery to fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards.
  • Option Offense – Play true to your team with over 30 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Key defenders are highlighted before the snap to read during the play to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it.
Presentation – NCAA Football 14 brings the game to life like never before with new additions to on-field presentation and a renewed emphasis on the story of each game. Handheld cameras capture the action from unique angles, and Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit key in on impact players and noteworthy performances. Additional features and enhancements include:
  • New Pre-Game – A live look-in from Rece Davis sets the stage for a brand-new intro featuring vignettes, traditions, text wipes and more all set to a music video.
  • Neutral Site Games – For the first time ever in the series set up neutral site matchups including the Texas Kickoff, Cowboy Kickoff and Chick-fil-A Kickoff.
  • New Music and Chants – Rock out after a big play as fans chant along to college football staples Seven Nation Army and Zombie Nation.
  • New Vignettes - 500+ new pre and post-play vignettes, combined with all-new on-field player chatter, make it feel like you’re right on the field.

NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.

Dynasty
(to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.

Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jhogan3132 @ 04/19/13 10:10 PM
Anyone see anything about custom stadium sounds being in the game again this year?

Samsung Galaxy Note II

# 62 eagskerfan @ 04/20/13 08:30 PM
Season mode? Wow, thank you EA. I've always wanted to stop after playing just one season, and never really new how to do that. Why hasn't this been done before?

Oh wait, Tecmo Super Bowl did it in 1991.

# 63 CM Hooe @ 04/20/13 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogan3132
Anyone see anything about custom stadium sounds being in the game again this year?

Samsung Galaxy Note II
Until EA says otherwise, I'd assume they are in the game with the exact same implementation as last year, maybe some bugfixes (if there were any? I don't recall).

If I were to offer my opinion: the one change I see coming to the feature is the elimination of the team entrance SFX situation, given the streamlining of the pre-game presentation.

# 64 Sundown2600 @ 04/21/13 12:55 AM
The new menus are absolutely beautiful! Super sharp and clean. It would be nice if these are less laggy than the old ones.

Woulda been nice to see this same approach applied to the player models. They need a serious makeover.

Edit: It also seems in regards to the player models some RBs, WRs, and DBs still suffer from the "skinny arm" glitch. It would be nice if EA fixed the in game player model editor so that we could fix this ourselves, but knowing how they've approached this problem over the past 3-4 yrs I'm sure its same old same old. Check out #26 red and #17 wht. Notice how unproportioned the shoulder is to the arm, with the arm being too skinny in the first place.

Also check out #11 wht. He is not built like a tackle football player. That player model is common for LBs and DTs in this game. Arms are too big and muscular and the legs are wide and too thick in the calf and ankle area.

# 65 gysgtam @ 04/21/13 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
I'll probably hold off on buying until fully named rosters are just about done, but I see some very nice stuff for NCAA 14. I like the neutral site games, ability to play 1 season, and am interested to see how Ultimate Team is implemented.

Excited to hear Dynasty news. Crossing my fingers and hoping for imported draft classes to Madden being back.
It's kind of funny how much taking away that one import in feature kind of killed both games for me last year

# 66 JerzeyReign @ 04/21/13 09:25 AM
Wait... so that's all the game play changes we're getting? I can't get mad because minimal changes is what I expected but they could at least drop a video instead of a highlight trailer. Maybe show us a game of Army vs. Navy raw for 5 minutes. I was really thinking that was just the tip of the iceberg with game play. I thought they worked on the offensive/defensive line, no mention of that. No mention of tweaking lead passing to make it a more realistic feature. Even if they didn't tweak that, no mention that foot planting effects everyone on the field or just the ball carrier. No in depth vlog on momentum, speed and size effecting the outcome of a tackle.

Nothing. Just some words that "its in" and nothing else. Feels like they're hiding the game.

# 67 Sausage @ 04/21/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
LOL, hilarious post but in fairness to the "season" mode in NCAA 14, I hope it has something to do with it being connected to the actual NCAA football season, not just people playing one season of dynasty. Like you alluded to, if someone only wanted to play one season, they could just stop after the first one in Dynasty. So again maybe it's a mode where players can play along with the actual 2013-14 NCAA football season and replay the games they choose, like a living season mode.

That said, maybe I am giving EA Tiburon too much benefit of the doubt, we shall see, lol.
Way to much benefit bro, that would be cool though.

# 68 XeJ1021 @ 04/21/13 07:25 PM
I feel like from what's been presented to us from EA so far is that they are keying in on building a more solid foundation for the game. I like what I've seen but still I have to hold off until actual gameplay because well, you guys know how the past couple of NCAA Football games have been...

With that being said, I still have a few issues that some of you may agree with. I'll start with the CLEATS, it is very disappointing that EA has not updated any of the brands shoe releases (it looks as if players will still be wearing the 1st edition Nike Vapor Cleats, old Under Armour cleats, and Adidas Scorch Cleats i believe) from close to 5 YEARS AGO! How is this possible when there are multiple cleat options in the latest release of Madden?

One more thing is Road To Glory and TeamBuilder this year, it seems as if these to VERY popular aspects of the NCAA Football Series will be falling to the wayside once again. I noticed in the Presentation video that there was no "NEW" Icon in the Main Menu for Road To Glory?! So maybe the mode this year is going unchanged, when it is most need... And as for TeamBuilder, a revamp and update has been wanted for years now...

I'd like to know what you all think???

# 69 Ward13 @ 04/22/13 10:09 AM
NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team... LOL

Now how is this going to work??? Isn't the game full of no name generic players out of the box? Why would I buy a team full of created players when I can make one?

Am I missing something? Why did they take out RTG mode and keep single season mode?

They still have the same Nike cleats from 4 yrs. ago in the game too! smh

EA won't be getting $60 bucks from this guy... LMAO

# 70 Cardot @ 04/22/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
LOL, hilarious post but in fairness to the "season" mode in NCAA 14, I hope it has something to do with it being connected to the actual NCAA football season, not just people playing one season of dynasty. Like you alluded to, if someone only wanted to play one season, they could just stop after the first one in Dynasty. So again maybe it's a mode where players can play along with the actual 2013-14 NCAA football season and replay the games they choose, like a living season mode.
I know I am in the vast minority, but I was really looking foward to just regular dynasty mode, but strip out all the recruiting stuff. I know this may sound dumb, but for those of us who do just play a single season, we spend alot of time sitting there waiting for the cpu to churn out recruiting activities of 120 teams for the next season which is never going to happen. Agreed that this is not really a "feature" to be marketed. But would have been really nice for me.

But now I think you are right about what this mode will be...and I am bummed.

# 71 EMbow513 @ 04/22/13 04:39 PM
Why the hell we showing screenshots. i can post a screenshot of ncaa 13 and say it is ncaa 14 lmao

# 72 speedy43 @ 04/22/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team... LOL

Now how is this going to work??? Isn't the game full of no name generic players out of the box? Why would I buy a team full of created players when I can make one?
I have a strange hunch that we may have to wait until May 15th to answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
Am I missing something? Why did they take out RTG mode and keep single season mode?
RTG is still in. They probably just have nothing major to announce for that mode.

Spoiler

# 73 Skyboxer @ 04/22/13 11:37 PM
My main thing that needs to be addressed before I commit to buying is the CPU running game.
Mainly the Option offense.
If the CPU still is terrible at running the spread/option I'll have to pass.
Otherwise it's just Madden with college teams.

# 74 stoncold32 @ 04/23/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
I'll wait until I see actual gameplay. I held off last year on getting NCAA for the first time in years and I have no problem doing that again.
unfortunately, same here.

At this point, EA is guilty until proven purchase worthy

# 75 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/28/13 06:56 PM
The Fact that the Ultimate team Playbook comes before the Dynasty Playbook just amazes Ultimate Team should come last It doesn't make sense for a College Football game anyway

# 76 jello1717 @ 04/28/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
The Fact that the Ultimate team Playbook comes before the Dynasty Playbook just amazes Ultimate Team should come last It doesn't make sense for a College Football game anyway
Have you seriously never heard the phrase "save the best for last?"

# 77 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/28/13 07:58 PM
Hahaha yes I have ..... I guess I just want to know the improvements they made to the only mode I really play and love

# 78 NikeBlitz @ 05/14/13 11:56 AM
Not so much news about the game compared to last year. We had gameplays videos at the same period...

# 79 Hova57 @ 05/14/13 01:41 PM
Does NCAA have Run Free also?

# 80 jello1717 @ 05/14/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Does NCAA have Run Free also?
I hope not and I doubt it as I'm sure they would've mentioned it during the gameplay playbook.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.