Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted the release schedule for the Madden NFL 25 feature playbooks.

SportsNation will reveal the Madden NFL 25 cover athlete, as well as an exclusive video of the Run Free feature Wednesday, April 24th at 8:00 PM EST, on ESPN2.
  • Run Free - April 24
  • Infinity Engine 2 - April 24
  • Connected Franchise Part 1 - May 6
  • Connected Franchise Part 2 - May 20
  • Madden Share - June 24
  • Madden Ultimate Team - July 1
  • All-Madden Team - July 8
It's nice to see how blogs dedicated to Connected Franchise, which we are assuming is the sequel to Connected Careers last season. The first two blogs seem like NCAA might have already covered them somewhat, and Madden share is a big mystery.

What intrigues you the most about the list?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 howboutdat @ 04/22/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
They need a playbbok on A.I. more than anything. Madden was the perfect example of easy on the eyes but a dozen cards shy of a full deck. Man Madden 13 looked good!!!!!
who cares about the AI of the game..... thats nothing, i just want them to give things a good name ,and add some people to the sidelines, maybe some real refs. thats all that matters , is if the game looks good. how it actually plays...... who cares about that mess. lets just make it look nice, hype it up about 10 times better than it could ever be , and then let the fools give us their money! what a great idea.....

# 62 howboutdat @ 04/22/13 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Well then you clearly no nothing about Madden, you will find everyone cares about AI. What do you mean that' nothing? How can Madden be good when the AI is stupid. Think.
ummm , i was being sarcastic .....smh . cause it seems like people are more interested in some hype , and just tend to overlook one of the biggest issues that has been maddens problem for a long time, was the AI , or should i say the lack there of. they always try to hype the game up , and say how they added all this and that .... but they always overlook the real issue. AI PROBLEMS. Money plays, glitches. etc. the fact the oline cant figure out who to block, and when they do they still wont block em.How cbs cant figure out who they are supposed to guard when in man defense and offense comes out in bunch sets. But so many seem so pumped over alittle info about other things moreso than the things that really needs to be addressed . ive been burnt by grEed A too many times to be pumped about anything they put out there. If they have to hype it up so much, to me , means its still not that good a product. ill be into it , when i see it in action , and things actually work like they should. for once.

# 63 jeremym480 @ 04/22/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Well then you clearly no nothing about Madden, you will find everyone cares about AI. What do you mean that' nothing? How can Madden be good when the AI is stupid. Think.
I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Then again you never know around here. I really, really hope that was a sarcastic post.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 64 CT Pitbull @ 04/22/13 04:34 PM
Well, i know its only a "screenshot" but i gotta say it really looks beautiful. screenshots can be decieving but the attention to detail in the art/graphics looks amazing to me. that said options and gameplay will dictate this games success.

# 65 Azcardinal32 @ 04/22/13 04:36 PM
Considering the second blog for Connected Franchise is on May 20th and NCAA Dynasty is May 28th, I'm going to predict that in the 2nd blog for Connected franchise they will announce imported draft classes have returned. That way when they mention it in the Dynasty blog it wont be ruining a surprise for madden fans. Considering madden is the bigger money maker, it is logical to assume that EA will want a Madden blog to break the news. Doesnt NCAA usually release their dynasty blog before madden would release a career blog? This all seems logical and would explain why Madden career mode is going before an NCAA career mode.

If the imported draft classes bomb is being dropped in the 2nd CFM blog, I would assume the Madden share consists of sharing rosters, settings/sliders, and custom Teams. Anything less than that would be a disappointing feature. It would be great if custom playbooks were thrown into that as well.

# 66 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
One thing that always disappoints me is how they focus on things in development cycles instead of just working on the game as a whole. Like I would almost guarantee there will be no new catch animations this year. I'd also be surprised if they worked on the passing game anymore at all this year. This football in compartments mentality has got to be remedied next generation. Nothing wrong with having a focus for marketing purposes, but just because they are focusing on one thing doesn't mean they have to neglect something else.
I get the impression that this is something they have to do given the short dev cycle. I don't like it either (compared to the alternative), but it appears to be an unfortunate reality of the situation.

# 67 CT Pitbull @ 04/22/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
Things needed for online franchise/CCM
- Transaction report
- More control for commish i.e. veto trades, limit trades, reset games
- Being able to see player individual ratings while bidding on free agents in the offseason
- Player feedback when in contract negotiations i.e more money, more years, want to start...
- Set a date and time for auto advance of franchise
- Some kind of in game messaging system

Just a start of what I'm waiting for
dont forget all 32 team control

# 68 SageInfinite @ 04/22/13 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I get the impression that this is something they have to do given the short dev cycle. I don't like it either (compared to the alternative), but it appears to be an unfortunate reality of the situation.
I don't believe so. I just think this is the way the studio and EA decides how to market and develop the game.

# 69 Trick13 @ 04/22/13 04:56 PM
Quote:
In my mind, that all comes down to irrational "priorities" of the "management" per the http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ustry-part-ii/ blog that is on the home page.

Every day, every single business day someone should be tweaking something, tinkering on a separate build of the game, every day the game play coders should be removing unused code, adding in better logic and so on.

# 70 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/13 05:31 PM
I'm really just hoping for a much solid gameplay this year then in past years. Also looking forward to see what Franchise connection is bringing to this year madden. Hoping Owner mode is finally going to make a big return after all these years. Ready for the info to start flowing.

# 71 Danimal @ 04/22/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
A dev cycle they created by trying to get yearly revenue out of the release of their sports titles and are now locked into by contracts. It may be the unfortunately situation but it was one entirely created by EA.

# 72 jbd345 @ 04/22/13 05:54 PM
Now that I think about it, wasn't there some kind of share feature coming to the PS4? Could it be some kind of next gen exclusive feature and maybe be our first look at it? Wonder if the new Xbox will have some sort of similar feature.

# 73 Trick13 @ 04/22/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Now that I think about it, wasn't there some kind of share feature coming to the PS4? Could it be some kind of next gen exclusive feature and maybe be our first look at it? Wonder if the new Xbox will have some sort of similar feature.
The PS4 deal is broadcasting your game as you play for others to view. It requires no developer support. In other words, that feature has nothing to do with the game you are playing - it, the feature you referred to, is contained within the PS4 hardware.

That said, I am hoping the share deal is custom files (playbooks, rosters, gameplans, stadium sounds, sub packages, draft classes)!!!

# 74 ERA @ 04/22/13 06:20 PM
We are all hoping for Madden Share to be for draft-classes, I bet money that it is some 'revolutionary' feature where you can shared created players..

# 75 gr18 @ 04/22/13 06:43 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up that Madden Share pertains to draft classes.It was already implied that their created draft classes were the way they planned to go for now at least.I don't want to be the party pooper but it would be wise to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised if anything useful comes out of it.

# 76 roll2tide @ 04/22/13 07:01 PM
IMO, MaddenShare is either:

-The new version of EA Locker. Franchise files, roster files, etc can be shared directly from console-console or through a cloud.

-Live look-ins on friends games or online CCM games.

With any luck, both.

Edit-A 3rd option would be the ability to compile/share highlight videos.

# 77 tical2399 @ 04/22/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I'm pretty sure man doesnt have the license to have the college uniforms.
They don't need the logos. They showed in Madden 13 that they had the color schemes in for the schools. Thats good enough. Just say the school and show the matching colors on the player and its all good.

# 78 SageInfinite @ 04/22/13 07:41 PM
I dont want to get my hopes up, but I hope the run free is something more than what NCAA has.

# 79 Gman 18 @ 04/22/13 07:58 PM
I would like to see in 25 where we could edit draft classes our selves and customize every option for the player including appearance like on 2k.

# 80 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/22/13 08:13 PM
I'm looking foward to ALL of those playbooks but the Madden Share is something I always wanted glad it made it in this year

But what is this Run Free thing ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.