Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

An exclusive Gamestop Madden NFL 25 pre-order graphic for 49ers fans might've just given away that some sort of 'Owner's Mode' will be included within Connected Franchise. In the graphic, former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. is listed as a playable character in connected franchise only.

What do you think this means for the Connected Franchise mode?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PVarck31 @ 04/24/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
The Awkward thing about Next-Gen Release is that it would not be until the mid to end of the NFL season long after Madden current Gen is out

It will make alot of people buy Madden 25 twice? Kinda sucks big time.

Would be nice to see EA give code for Next-Gen but it would never do that maybe pre-order code for it then?
It happened when the 360 released. Two separate games I mean.

# 42 nwfdwill @ 04/25/13 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I was watching ESPN the other day and saw the commercial for the Colin Cowherd show and it made me think of the Tony Bruno show. He would be absolutely perfect for it, equal parts dislike-ability and radio savvy. The Tony Bruno show was indeed awful but if they were ever to reincarnate it, Colin Cowherd gets my vote. It could be decent but it would need a lot of work and not constant Teyo Johnson interviews in Season 18.
The Keyarin Fox interview used to crack me up cuz he wasn't even a starter then. I was like "huh?" And agreed...Colin would be awesome.

# 43 nwfdwill @ 04/25/13 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Hell, imagine if they went as far as being able to play as an OC or DC like an NCAA? Work your way up, become a coach. As with every Madden every year, one can only dream...
That...would be epic. I love doing that in NCAA.

# 44 KingV2k3 @ 04/25/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
If this turns out to be what we think it will be, what will happen if I get to the 20th year of my franchise as the Bills? Will Ralph Wilson be like 113 years old????
This WAS my first choice for "Owner Mode" until:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
This is interesting really.

Will we see "Ralph dies" popping up on twitter? Then a random new owner buying the Bills and deciding to move them to Idaho?
Ralph dies, I (as the reincarnate of Al Davis):

1) Buy the Bills

2) Sue the NFL

3) Move team to Idaho

As a result, I'm not really concerned with gameplay enhancements, as long as I can play out this EXACT scenario...

# 45 Tdawg28 @ 04/26/13 11:13 PM
I really Wish they would have something similar to NFL Head coach. I wanna be able to hire and fire several staff members.

# 46 secondsolution @ 04/26/13 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
cool, well its def. a nice move if they throw in owner mode , however will it be much different than the current CCM mode? that's the real catch.

also if we can go for more than 30 seasons. I think unlimited seasons would be great. or at least 60 since NCAA football has it.
I've never reached the 30 season mark and I sim a lot.

The fact that it seems owner mode is being given its own blog and playbook, it must be a decent sized feature. I'm looking forward to seeing what will be included.

# 47 DaBlackGoku @ 04/27/13 04:23 PM
I hope Owner Mode means we can take complete control of the team. That means changing uniforms, logos, renovating stadiums, relocation, etc. I really liked that part in the old maddens.

# 48 Trick13 @ 04/27/13 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
I hope Owner Mode means we can take complete control of the team. That means changing uniforms, logos, renovating stadiums, relocation, etc. I really liked that part in the old maddens.

I agree, but like most features in Madden I hope that those options are in, but with an option to "lock-out" CPU teams from relocation and name/uniform changes!!!
I can't stand playing CPU teams that the announcers fail to recognize and the uniforms are always terrible.

I would love to see "owner mode" separate itself from "coach" CCM in terms of progression, maybe all progression for owner mode (and POT or DEV ratings) could be hidden and automated similar to M12 - obviously with some sharpening of the rough edges...

# 49 secondsolution @ 05/02/13 06:52 PM
If relocation is possible within owner it would amazing if you could relocate your team overseas (the NFL has been toying with the idea of an English team). It would be great to relocate the Panthers to Australia

# 50 DeuceDouglas @ 05/02/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
If relocation is possible within owner it would amazing if you could relocate your team overseas (the NFL has been toying with the idea of an English team). It would be great to relocate the Panthers to Australia
As awesome as it would be, I just don't see the NFL allowing that. I loved last gen when teams would relocate and take on an entire new identity. It's just one of those things like tattoos where they won't allow it because they feel it demeans their brand somehow. It's supposed to be about the 32 teams, not fictional teams and what not. It's stupid, but it's the way it is.

# 51 1NFAMOU5808 @ 05/02/13 08:31 PM
I find it interesting that Debartolo is in it, but Al Davis isn't.

I know Uncle Al had a general problem with authority, but with Baby Davis essentially having the rights to the Davis name/image, I'm really surprised the WalMart pack isn't featuring Al/Madden/Freddy B instead of Madden/Flores/Biletkinoff, especially if an owner mode is present.. With how much Al used to micromanage the team.

Nonetheless, maybe he is in it and just isn't part of the pre-order bonus..

Good find nonetheless!

# 52 Trick13 @ 05/02/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
As awesome as it would be, I just don't see the NFL allowing that. I loved last gen when teams would relocate and take on an entire new identity. It's just one of those things like tattoos where they won't allow it because they feel it demeans their brand somehow. It's supposed to be about the 32 teams, not fictional teams and what not. It's stupid, but it's the way it is.
I am about sick of the NFL and their brand "over-protection"!!!

It is bad enough they are not paying taxes - http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013...mpt/?mobile=nc

but then they are priced so high most people have to save for months to go to a game and seriously once the game is in my console, I paid for it, it is now "my brand"...

# 53 Gronk4M13 @ 05/04/13 07:24 AM
I really hope this is in the game, and I think it is.
'Connected Franchise Part 2
Take ultimate control of your franchise."
Plus, at least 2 owners are available for the game through preorder. I hope owner mode will still let you play the games though, as coach mode does.

# 54 jpdavis82 @ 05/04/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
I find it interesting that Debartolo is in it, but Al Davis isn't.

I know Uncle Al had a general problem with authority, but with Baby Davis essentially having the rights to the Davis name/image, I'm really surprised the WalMart pack isn't featuring Al/Madden/Freddy B instead of Madden/Flores/Biletkinoff, especially if an owner mode is present.. With how much Al used to micromanage the team.

Nonetheless, maybe he is in it and just isn't part of the pre-order bonus..

Good find nonetheless!
Yeah I think he's in it if there is OM but they probably didn't want to make it too obvious and put several owners in pre-orders.

# 55 jmurphy31 @ 05/04/13 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I think he's in it if there is OM but they probably didn't want to make it too obvious and put several owners in pre-orders.
Or the Davis family asked too much for the right to use his name. Or just didnt want him in the game

# 56 xanmank @ 05/18/13 08:57 AM
Can't wait to hear about Owner mode in Connected Franchise on Monday. This is what I've been looking forward to for a month

# 57 secondsolution @ 05/18/13 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
Can't wait to hear about Owner mode in Connected Franchise on Monday. This is what I've been looking forward to for a month
Yeah I'm the same. I hope it has some depth about it and isn't just a gimmicky feature. The fact that it was originally going to have a playbook to itself is very promising.

The features announced on Monday will likely determine whether I buy Madden 25 or not.

# 58 Trackball @ 05/18/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Yeah I'm the same. I hope it has some depth about it and isn't just a gimmicky feature. The fact that it was originally going to have a playbook to itself is very promising.

The features announced on Monday will likely determine whether I buy Madden 25 or not.
Likewise. Owner Mode is a huge market gap I'm surprised no one's pounced on.

Seriously, 2K and Sony, you have a huge opportunity here! Get on it!

# 59 Yubbed @ 05/18/13 07:10 PM
Quote:

I agree also but I may buy it anyways so I have an updated football game.

Hopefully one day 2k will make another football game.

# 60 Ice_Cold345 @ 05/18/13 10:04 PM
That's one thing I love about the Show is the ability to sell food, drinks, merch, etc. at prices. Granted, that money is important for salary cap purposes, but it would be fun to control the entire aspect of a team, from coaching staff to stadium upgrades (that are shown) to even relocation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.