Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports have released two Madden NFL 25 playbooks today, which detail the Run Free mechanic and Infinity Engine 2.

Playbook 1: Run Free

Quote:
There are few things more exciting than watching the grace and power of NFL ball carriers. Sure, everyone loves a 60-yard touchdown bomb, but there’s something special about watching Adrian Peterson lower his shoulder to bowl through a defender, or seeing Larry Fitzgerald catch the ball in space, make a quick cut and then race untouched into the end zone. The one constant in all elite players is control, and this year Madden NFL 25 is putting all that control right at your fingertips.

Playbook 2: Infinity Engine 2

Quote:
Last year, Madden NFL 13 introduced physics to the franchise with the Infinity Engine. It was a big step forward and a huge feature at this point in the current console cycle. However, as with any new technology, there is always room to grow. This offseason, it was a major priority for the Madden dev team to add new features, fix known issues andcreate a smoother, more realistic experience. With that in mind, it's time to introduce Madden NFL 25's new feature, Infinity Engine 2.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 wallofhate @ 04/25/13 07:04 PM
@deucedouglas I'm sorry in talking about 07 madden with Shaun Alexander on the cover. Hines ward is on the back oft the box

# 42 roadman @ 04/25/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't think they should have released any trailer at all showcasing the "run free" stuff because it was pretty much a lose-lose from the beginning. Either you get the trailer we got and it's boring, unexciting and not sexy. Or you have a trailer that looks like an And-1 mixtape and it seems like you can take any back and turn them into Barry Sanders.
Agree, someone said it earlier, this trailer wasn't made for the sim crowd. Even the 1st trailer was arcadey in nature. I didn't like the trailer at all last night.

However, after reading more articles from sim type players, it feels like it's going in the correct area.

Let's just hope, this time around, it plays out like it's on paper.

# 43 DeuceDouglas @ 04/25/13 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, someone said it earlier, this trailer wasn't made for the sim crowd. Even the 1st trailer was arcadey in nature. I didn't like the trailer at all last night.

However, after reading more articles from sim type players, it feels like it's going in the correct area.

Let's just hope, this time around, it plays out like it's on paper.
Yeah, I'm basically just treating it like the IE last year and just want to get my hands on it. They can release videos all day but I'm not going to be able to get a good judge until I have the controller in my hand and am playing the game. I almost hope they have some sort of practice or 'gauntlet' mode in the demo so you can test out all the moves and get accustomed to them.

# 44 Trick13 @ 04/25/13 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
It’s a lot of fun to devise new defensive strategies by trying to take out the legs of smaller players who may not be able to recover from a stumble as well as a guy with longer legs. Suddenly it makes sense to go after a guy like Maurice Jones-Drew differently than you would Calvin Johnson."

This is ridiculous.
You know what really kills me about that statement - it is absolutely backwards - I mean seriously, do these guys know anything about balance???
Shorter player equals lower center of gravity and more balance - going low is much more difficult for taller players to deal with (hurdle not withstanding). I am just sick to my stomach, we will ever get back to a balanced game where user timing and the way you hit the buttons (length of time you hold it down) actually impacts the game play????????

# 45 carvis#15 @ 04/26/13 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well said and stated, I agree.

The trailer didn't work well.
Hey, thanks man.

# 46 carvis#15 @ 04/26/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't think they should have released any trailer at all showcasing the "run free" stuff because it was pretty much a lose-lose from the beginning. Either you get the trailer we got and it's boring, unexciting and not sexy. Or you have a trailer that looks like an And-1 mixtape and it seems like you can take any back and turn them into Barry Sanders.
They probably should have done a trailer about everything that they added game play wise. It still would have been interesting to see the video at least demonstrate everything they talked about in the playbooks and articles.

# 47 DeuceDouglas @ 04/26/13 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
They probably should have done a trailer about everything that they added game play wise. It still would have been interesting to see the video at least demonstrate everything they talked about in the playbooks and articles.
Yeah, I honestly would have rather seen a minute and a half trailer of guards pulling and screens being ran to get a good look at the new blocking. You could have even thrown some of the run-free stuff in there too to compliment it.

# 48 tfctillidie @ 04/26/13 09:48 AM
I imagine it's all part of the budget slashing and layoffs at EA, but I find it interesting that this year our "playbooks" are merely blogs and the trailer was so skimpy.

Compared to last year's video productions, it's quite a scaled back effort to market the game.

# 49 rootofalleli @ 04/26/13 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I imagine it's all part of the budget slashing and layoffs at EA, but I find it interesting that this year our "playbooks" are merely blogs and the trailer was so skimpy.

Compared to last year's video productions, it's quite a scaled back effort to market the game.
Fine by me - it grates a bit when there is a huge marketing budget for a game with no polish.

# 50 roadman @ 04/26/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie

Agree, they know they have E3 coming up, too.

# 51 Phobia @ 04/26/13 10:32 AM
Holy **** am I really in the Madden forum

Why yes I been lurking and keeping hush about these new features and additions.

First I wanna say yes the language used in the write ups is flat out comical. Aside from that though I believe the end goal they are attempting to achieve is a positive one.

Being able to regain balance instead of a predetermine fall down? Sure I'll take that.

Being able to chain together and flow more fluidly from move to move with out being trapped in a animation? Sure I'll take that too.

A more refined IE 2.0? Hell they better improve the horribleness that was IE1

Improved Block? Haven't we wanted this for a while

Better pursuit angles? This been discussed for years needing to be improved.

So while I agree you can jump all over the marketing team for using these "gamey" terms to describe the new features (Street Fight chain moves!! REALY?!!!?!) but lets also be honest and assess the situation not just based on the wording but the design premise.

These changes & improvements are positive ones!

Now for the negatives

The movement from the looks of it will still remain largely the same "skating" feel which is damn near a game killer for me. The game has to bring the weight and feel of players, if I don't feel connected to the field it is a complete immersion killer each and every single snap of the ball.

Next, defensive psychic-ness. This was a huge one for me. I played NCAA 13 from launch till about 2 months ago. Longest I've played a EA football game, but guess what NCAA did not have defensive mind reading as bad as Madden 13 had it. It was to the point that I traded madden in quickly and literally only played maybe 30 games. Every time I'd see a DB turn around and make a beeline for the ball with his back to the QB it infuriated me. There is no mention of there being a improvement on this front. I sure hope this has been addressed but by the sounds of it the defense will get only more psychic. Because if I know EA these new changes such as "heat seeking tackles", "better defensive pursuit angles", etc will instead turn into the defense reacting in a unnatural way.

So while I agree with the negative feedback many are giving because evidently they don't listen to what the customers want, but lets not jump down the "gameplay" developers just yet until we see how these changes act on the field rather than just reading the horrible choice of words the marketing team decided to use.

# 52 CurryMan @ 04/26/13 11:33 AM
who needs run free when you can just run in zig zags LOL

# 53 OrganizedChaos @ 04/26/13 11:43 AM
Ppl come here to bitch about new madden features and bash the game when honestly the only real problem with the game is the lack of football iq ppl play with. Everybody I play runs man 2 deep or 3 man rush drop everyone. When I'm up 30 and they don't adjust then they come on here and bash madden. Lol get a life guys.

# 54 Gosens6 @ 04/26/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's Friday, I'll play. So the only problem is lack of football IQ from bitchers and bashers, not the lack of foot planting, lack of players getting tired during plays, broken pursuit angles, poor run blocking, lack of defensive breakdown and poor player AI in Madden, just to name a few that EA Tiburon admits are problems in M13 that they now have tried to address in M25?

Get a clue other guys.
I read his post and laughed! He's obviously a Madden player and a sportscenter highlight watcher..

Not a football watcher..

# 55 hear me now @ 04/26/13 05:57 PM
Did they fix the way players are constantly falling over each other, and getting their limbs caught in weird positions?

# 56 eye guy @ 04/27/13 03:50 AM
I bought Madden last year for the first time this generation and plan on updating the rosters myself in the coming months leading up to the next season. Which brings me to my next point...

It's the same ol ****! Every year the same people that cry and moan on these forums are the same people that will go out and buy the game every year.

Madden 13 was a great game for someone who didn't own a copy of any iteration this generation and IMO will probably play the same, bar some (minor) "patched" issues from last years game.

Why not save your money for the next gen game and continue to share roster and slider updates of which this community has many of?

The end...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.