Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

MyMaddenPad has posted five major areas in the running game that were addressed in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
Today EA SPORTS revealed the new “Run Free” mechanic in Madden NFL 25 that will have you juking, hurdling, stiff arming and spin moving down the field as the run game finally gets a much needed upgrade and attention. Now I’m a running type player by nature so I was still able to run but last year was a lot frustrating because of the new Infinity Engine that had Adrian Peterson falling down just from running into the back of his lineman. Now with the new Infinity Engine 2.0 you won’t have that problem, but what’s even more impressive to me is the “Precision Modifier” that will have even the most pass happy player wanting to run just a tad bit more.

The “Precision Modifier” allows you to pull off 30 new moves for the ball carriers (including QB out of the pocket and defenders with the ball) and string together combos that could leave defenders grabbing air.

There are five major areas of focus that EA SPORTS paid close attention to when it came to the run game.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 danhufc @ 04/24/13 09:25 PM
That sounds great actually.

# 2 BV11 @ 04/24/13 09:29 PM
Well it sounds good in writing. Unfortunately Madden isn't played in writing. The trailer didn't look good to me. I will need to see it more in motion before I can truly judge, but my expectations are not very high.

# 3 jp7588 @ 04/24/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Acceleration Burst

Auto sprint is now out.* No longer is there an auto sprint, which I never liked and neither did the gameplay team when they talked about revamping the running game.* I’ve always felt like having auto sprint on took away another weapon that I could use to be extra shifty or to get to that gear that you didn’t see coming and letting the CPU decide.* Just never worked for me and this new “Acceleration Burst” is exactly what I was looking for in more ways than one.* The right trigger is the “Acceleration Burst” and what is great is it is tied with a new stamina system that they’ve put into Madden NFL 25; which we’ll get to later.* The “Acceleration Burst” now allows me to set up my blockers or to stutter and then accelerate around a corner on toss plays.* It really felt good to gain a burst like you see in the NFL and it really adds another dimension to running game. It’s not over powered and sometimes you don’t realize it it’s there until you use it, but when you do you can feel your guy accelerate through the whole.
Is this turkey not just describing the turbo/sprint button AKA how it had always freakin been until a couple years ago?

W. T. F.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 4 secondsolution @ 04/24/13 09:33 PM
Sounds better than the developer blog, but I have trouble trusting the game changers after they didn't mention any of the bugs in CCM last year.

# 5 MARKYMARKMAGIC @ 04/24/13 09:38 PM
The player model of Peyton Manning in that screenshot just looks goofy.

# 6 TurboTitan @ 04/24/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Is this turkey not just describing the turbo/sprint button AKA how it had always freakin been until a couple years ago?

W. T. F.

Exactly. Sell an old feature as "new"......like clock work.

# 7 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/24/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Well it sounds good in writing. Unfortunately Madden isn't played in writing. The trailer didn't look good to me. I will need to see it more in motion before I can truly judge, but my expectations are not very high.
I just thought the exact same thing as I finished reading the article. It SOUNDS great but we will have to see how the execution turns out.

# 8 bcruise @ 04/24/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Madden NFL 25 now has authentic hard cuts at 45, 90, 135, and 180 degree angles to eliminate the swerve, the zig zag, and the unrealistic running.
2 articles now that have said that Zigzag running is no more.

# 9 KANE699 @ 04/24/13 09:47 PM
Sounds a lot like what fifa tries to do with their dribbling mechanic.

# 10 XtremeDunkz @ 04/24/13 09:52 PM
these may turn out to be solid improvements, but EA just kills themselves with their marketing campaign to the casual fans. They aren't the ones reading your blogs EA. I don't want to hear about crazy combo moves and heat seeker tackling wtf.

# 11 The_Balm @ 04/24/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
I just thought the exact same thing as I finished reading the article. It SOUNDS great but we will have to see how the execution turns out.
Well, at least it's sounds good, compared the EA blogs and trailer, which sounded and LOOKED so, very, very, bad.

# 12 Graffititech @ 04/25/13 08:27 AM
it does sound good, though the burst feature is what I thought auto sprint was for/ created to do. but if auto-sprint is gone and the right trigger is for the burst...whats the normal sprint button?

# 13 roadman @ 04/25/13 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Sounds better than the developer blog, but I have trouble trusting the game changers after they didn't mention any of the bugs in CCM last year.
Remember, two of the three articles played a pre-alpha build.

The GCers can't control what the final product is vs when they played a pre-alpha build in February.

Same was said a few years ago when OS folks went down for CD. What they saw in April wasn't part of the final product in August.

# 14 kbomb1upc @ 04/25/13 09:24 AM
Quote:
Acceleration Burst Auto sprint is now out.* No longer is there an auto sprint, which I never liked and neither did the gameplay team when they talked about revamping the running game.* I’ve always felt like having auto sprint on took away another weapon that I could use to be extra shifty or to get to that gear that you didn’t see coming and letting the CPU decide.* Just never worked for me and this new “Acceleration Burst” is exactly what I was looking for in more ways than one.* The right trigger is the “Acceleration Burst” and what is great is it is tied with a new stamina system that they’ve put into Madden NFL 25; which we’ll get to later.* The “Acceleration Burst” now allows me to set up my blockers or to stutter and then accelerate around a corner on toss plays.* It really felt good to gain a burst like you see in the NFL and it really adds another dimension to running game. It’s not over powered and sometimes you don’t realize it it’s there until you use it, but when you do you can feel your guy accelerate through the whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588

W. T. F.

The old "speed burst" and the "accelerator button" are actually different.

If you didn't press "speed burst" you would only run about 90% of your top speed. When you did press it you would run 100%.

The way I believe the new "accelerator button" works is if you never press the button will eventually get to 100% of your top speed. When you press the button you will get to 100% of your top speed faster.

# 15 BezO @ 04/25/13 09:27 AM
I'm happy to see foot planting has been introduce. It does worry me that they specifically mention 45, 90, 135 & 180 changes in direction. Does that mean there are no animations for anything in between?

Acceleration burst? I'm guessing the difference between this & speed burst is that it's short lived. Is speed burst in the game or does a full push on the stick = sprint?

Precision modifier sounds cool if the normal foot planting works. I was hoping for controls similar to 2K BB where you can pull off moves with just the sticks & modify from there. But if the foot planting works and allows for cuts & jab steps, there's actually 3 layers of moves instead of 2.

Sounds like they only did half the job with the blocking. Good that they worked on the assignments & recognition, but what about the animations? Engaged player mobility? How will all this new running look with all the blockers/defenders patty caking, stuck in mud?

And I hope they took the eyes off the back of blocker's heads so they're not changing directions with the RB they can't see.

# 16 roadman @ 04/25/13 09:36 AM
Bezo, I think we'll need to wait for NG for better OL/DL WR/CB interactions, just my gut feeling.

Game Informer posted this article which states better OL/DL physical contact or something like that.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ma...ing-moves.aspx

better physical contact between the offensive and defensive lines

# 17 kbomb1upc @ 04/25/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm happy to see foot planting has been introduce. It does worry me that they specifically mention 45, 90, 135 & 180 changes in direction. Does that mean there are no animations for anything in between?

Acceleration burst? I'm guessing the difference between this & speed burst is that it's short lived. Is speed burst in the game or does a full push on the stick = sprint?

Precision modifier sounds cool if the normal foot planting works. I was hoping for controls similar to 2K BB where you can pull off moves with just the sticks & modify from there. But if the foot planting works and allows for cuts & jab steps, there's actually 3 layers of moves instead of 2.

Sounds like they only did half the job with the blocking. Good that they worked on the assignments & recognition, but what about the animations? Engaged player mobility? How will all this new running look with all the blockers/defenders patty caking, stuck in mud?

And I hope they took the eyes off the back of blocker's heads so they're not changing directions with the RB they can't see.

I read this in the UTC (Under the code) preview
Quote:
While we are still talking offense I figured I would go ahead and touch on this a bit. Blocking animations have been added to and improved to ensure the correct assignment is adhered to at the proper time.
What new Blocking animations were added?

# 18 BezO @ 04/25/13 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bezo, I think we'll need to wait for NG for better OL/DL WR/CB interactions, just my gut feeling.

Game Informer posted this article which states better OL/DL physical contact or something like that.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ma...ing-moves.aspx

better physical contact between the offensive and defensive lines
I'm thinking NG too.

Better physical contact? New blocking animations? Without specifics, I'm interpreting that as "slightly tweeked".

Hopefully EA will realize that these isolated improvements work against the overall results. You can't give RBs new moves & improve the blocking assignments and not give the defense the engaged mobility it needs. How does a strong side OLB or weak side DE contain if they can't move?

It still sounds like EA hasn't moved beyond Tecmo-style blocking.

# 19 jp7588 @ 04/25/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
The old "speed burst" and the "accelerator button" are actually different.

If you didn't press "speed burst" you would only run about 90% of your top speed. When you did press it you would run 100%.

The way I believe the new "accelerator button" works is if you never press the button will eventually get to 100% of your top speed. When you press the button you will get to 100% of your top speed faster.
So, last year, holding the stick all the way up would cause your player to accelerate at his maximum rate, correct?

Now what does holding the stick all the way up do? Does it accelerate toward max speed, just at a slower rate? I can't really foresee a scenario in which I'm going to achieve maximum speed without using the acceleration boost.

How often in football does a player reach his max speed without "turning on the jets"? I understand the difference, it just seems like an arbitrary distinction to me. Sure, now you can reach max speed without the boost but who would do that and why?

In the old games, when you come around the corner, see a hole you want to burst through or need to close the gap on a ball carrier you hit the sprint button.

Now, with the acceleration boost, I imagine the application will be the same. It's TECHNICALLY different but, as I understand it, it's practically the same. Press this button to go faster.

# 20 infemous @ 04/25/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I could be completely off base here but I think this "new" mechanic has more to do with CPU/AI than traditional User interaction. In M13, I don't think a CPU/AI player was capable of building up speed or utilizing the sprint. With this mechanic it seems that now CPU controlled players can more organically build up speed, so like on a streak route a CPU WR can actually hustle and if a User switches to control them, they can't get an additional "sprint" like before.

I probably doing a poor job of explaining it but in M13 CPU players never seem to be hustling, they just had one gear. I think this may provide a more visual hustling effect to the other 20-21 CPU players in M25. Also "sprint" was more like a gas pedal in M13, where as in M25 it seems to be more like a quick nitro boost. I think a good way to describe it might be the run mechanic in Skyrim, if you have ever played that.
I think you bring up a great point about whether or not non ball carrying players can access the same speed control...

If I'm controlling my LB and I see the HB about to cut outside, can I go from my 80% speed running downhill to 100% to close the angle and lay the lumber?
Can my CB running at 80% in Man Coverage see an overthrown ball and accelerate to 100% and close the ball down to make a play on it?

Will a WR be able to do the same thing as a CB (with the ball in the air)??

Consider me worried.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.