Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

UTC has posted three Madden NFL 25 hands-on articles.

Madden NFL 25: Hands On Impressions from Buckeye Part 1

Quote:
Gone are the days when your blocker would attack the safety and leave the linebacker to blow you up in the backfield. Does it work? I can confidently say that yes it does. Both builds I have played have had excellent blocking logic to where I didn’t have many instances of “What in the world are you doing!” moments. The blocking is much more natural, and maybe its just the placebo effect but the impact blocking seems to have improved as well. Blockers can still shed blocks thankfully, that hasn’t been the issue in the past as much as completely not recognizing the threat… now we don’t have to worry as much about defenders being ignored completely on an overload blitz.

Madden NFL 25: How Fatigue and Stamina Affect Gameplay

Quote:
Don’t think for one minute that this feature will only affect the ball carrier; you will see stamina affect ever player on the field from wideouts to defensive linemen. I know we have all played guys online who’s favorite play is all streaks or runs a no huddle offense the entire game; in Madden NFL 25 guys will have to think twice about that. If you’re not careful your speedy Mike Wallace-like receiver will be subbed out for quite some time do to exhaustion. On defensive side of the ball you will see some very interesting one on one situations. Think you’re going to beat Chris Johnson to the corner before he turns up field with a tired Patrick Willis? Think again. Abuse your stamina meter and you will surely find your self being left in the dust.

Madden NFL 25: Smitty’s Initial Impressions

Quote:
Lastly, the aspect that was able to stand out (for the defense) in that early build was the addressing of the Defensive Pursuit Angles. This has been an eyesore for many years and to see this addressed alone should make the “pursuit” rating actually matter now as well as realistic chase downs. I can’t speak on anything else on the defensive side of the ball until I possibly get another chance to play the game in a more refined state.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 roadman @ 04/26/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Yeah, that's been a problem on this generation. The current team, in my opinion is trying to make the best game possible. Considering that they're redoing so much just to try and break even so to speak. While I commend their efforts, it's all gonna come down to efficient execution on what was fixed from last year, and what was implemented/upgraded this year. We definitely want that organic gameplay. It's just that it's gonna take time to realistically and effectively get it there. That's why I stress that if it's not there to you, don't purchase.
Smitty, also a fan.

I like your comment about what was fixed from last year. It appears last year they focused on the pass and now this year, the run.

Just wondering if there was any tweaks to the passing game. Signature style QB's would be great now or in the future.

Thanks for all you do.

# 62 SmittyD81 @ 04/26/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Just wanna say I'm a fan smitty. I've watched a ton of your videos over time and I appreciate your perspective.

I don't know if you can answer this but have the devs ever spoken on the limitations or hurdles with this animation system and why things look so awkward,goofy, and stiff this generation?
First of all, thanks for following and I appreciate the support man. I never have asked about what the limitations were, as the build I played was too early to talk limitations. From what has been publicly spoken of, obviously disk space is a relevant issue for sure. I wouldn't really ask that, because you gotta remember, you had 4 different designer lead changes over this generation. You have Cam Weber trying to restore from what was in a rough state before his arrival. Think about it like your favorite football team. If over a span of 8 years, you had 3 different head coaches and once the all were fired/resigned, the 4th Coach comes in telling the media that in 3 years, we'll be a Super Bowl contender. Now, after posting consecutive losing seasons winning an average of 4 games/yr, bad free agent signings, multiple players getting injured and multiple draft busts over the past 8 years, you're gonna have a MEAN mountain to climb to restore the faith of the fans (hardcore and/or casual). That's what Cam and the team have to overcome. Will they do it? We'll just have to wait, see, and judge accordingly.

# 63 SmittyD81 @ 04/26/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Smitty, also a fan.

I like your comment about what was fixed from last year. It appears last year they focused on the pass and now this year, the run.

Just wondering if there was any tweaks to the passing game. Signature style QB's would be great now or in the future.

Thanks for all you do.
Thanks for the support man, greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't answer that question thoroughly because the build I played was pre-alpha, so it was extremely rough. Hopefully it is more refined, as I've sent a lot of feedback to the team referencing the "Maximum Passing" from APF. Hopefully, they took some of that and broadened the Total Pass Control for M25. I'll just have to wait and see with you guys, unless I get a chance to test a later build of the game. If I do, I'll let you guys know for sure.

# 64 TyghtWork @ 04/27/13 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
First of all, thanks for following and I appreciate the support man. I never have asked about what the limitations were, as the build I played was too early to talk limitations. From what has been publicly spoken of, obviously disk space is a relevant issue for sure. I wouldn't really ask that, because you gotta remember, you had 4 different designer lead changes over this generation. You have Cam Weber trying to restore from what was in a rough state before his arrival. Think about it like your favorite football team. If over a span of 8 years, you had 3 different head coaches and once the all were fired/resigned, the 4th Coach comes in telling the media that in 3 years, we'll be a Super Bowl contender. Now, after posting consecutive losing seasons winning an average of 4 games/yr, bad free agent signings, multiple players getting injured and multiple draft busts over the past 8 years, you're gonna have a MEAN mountain to climb to restore the faith of the fans (hardcore and/or casual). That's what Cam and the team have to overcome. Will they do it? We'll just have to wait, see, and judge accordingly.
Sound like the Miami Dolphins.......lol
Maybe this the year they get it 80% right.

# 65 Wanzibar @ 04/27/13 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why do some people keep saying they are going to use the Battlefield engine Frostbite in Madden, can somebody point me to a source of this information? Frostbite is a engine for destructible environments right? How will this help improve sports games like Madden?
put in a cheat code to play a game in Gotham City, Bane then destroys the field during the opening kickoff!

# 66 Nature_Boy @ 04/27/13 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
How many GCs are there on-staff? Between two community events and (I'm guessing) three guys, assuming each person played five hours each time, that's 30 total hours.

This is just me wild-guessing, admittedly.
We have 15 members on staff. 14 of which are Game Changers.

# 67 SageInfinite @ 04/27/13 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why do some people keep saying they are going to use the Battlefield engine Frostbite in Madden, can somebody point me to a source of this information? Frostbite is a engine for destructible environments right? How will this help improve sports games like Madden?
It's a graphics/physics engine.

# 68 K_GUN @ 04/27/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
They probably touched it up a little, but I can assure you there was no overhaul to OL/DL animations. Believe me, if they overhauled line play that would be their #1 selling point.

EA needs to do three main things as far as OL/DL play goes:

1. Add animations- TONS OF ANIMATIONS. Literally 250 +
2. Get rid of the static "patty cake" blocking they have now, and add a sense of struggle and IMPACT to blocks.
3. Get rid of the coin flip "Win or Lose animation that plays out every time". Replace it with the ability to drive blocks forward, back, left or right.

Also, completely re-write the Defensive End programming. Pass rushing is such a HUGE part of football and it is an absolute disaster in Madden.
Ummm...no offense but the casual fan doesn't give a rats arse about line play--they really dont

# 69 mustard_tits @ 04/29/13 01:34 PM
The last tolerable (let alone "great") Madden game was '09 IMHO.

So sick of EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.