Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

GotGame has posted this Madden NFL 25 video interview with Creative Director, Rex Dickson. They discuss the new and improved running game, defense and Infinity Engine 2.0. A few snippets of gameplay are included.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 04/28/13 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
Exactly, every year it's "Oh, it's early...wait until E3" which turns into "That was an early build, can't we at least wait until the demo is out before we judge?" which turns into "It was just a demo, I'm sure it will be cleaned up in the final version." Then the game releases and it's "Just wait for a patch until you give up on it," then the patch releases and it's "Welp, hopefully Madden ____ will be better."

Rinse and repeat, every year.
Exactly and every year people like you come here and say the same old "rinse and repeat" line. If you don't believe this game is improving or changing or even going to, then why are you still coming here? The kind of change people are wanting is most likely not coming until the next gen consoles but everything that Madden 25 on 360/PS3 does right, should encourage us for the future. I know some people just want Madden to fail, but the rest of us are just wanting to see some encouraging features and additions built upon each other year after year from now on. We are wanting a true shift in the minds of the Madden dev team to provide us the quality football game we have so anxiously been waiting for.

# 62 jeremym480 @ 04/28/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Depends if the NFL allow it.
Why would they let them add NFL Blitz style hits and not an actual form tackle?

Maybe the EA and the NFL could help our youth actually teach our youth a little bit about how to tackle rather than trying to go for a kill shot. It certainly doesn't seem like coaches do it nowadays. Maybe that would hep with concussions too. Win/win

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 63 moneal2001 @ 04/28/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Why would they let them add NFL Blitz style hits and not an actual form tackle?

Maybe the EA and the NFL could help our youth actually teach our youth a little bit about how to tackle rather than trying to go for a kill shot. It certainly doesn't seem like coaches do it nowadays. Maybe that would hep with concussions too. Win/win

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
No matter what the nfl says they love big bonecrushing hits. They are just trying to put up a good front because of the concussion lawsuits. They were the organization that sold the he** out of best hits videos.

# 64 TreFacTor @ 04/28/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Exactly and every year people like you come here and say the same old "rinse and repeat" line. If you don't believe this game is improving or changing or even going to, then why are you still coming here? The kind of change people are wanting is most likely not coming until the next gen consoles but everything that Madden 25 on 360/PS3 does right, should encourage us for the future. I know some people just want Madden to fail, but the rest of us are just wanting to see some encouraging features and additions built upon each other year after year from now on. We are wanting a true shift in the minds of the Madden dev team to provide us the quality football game we have so anxiously been waiting for.
Tradition? Force of Habit? Don't be one of "those" guys Jp.

# 65 kehlis @ 04/28/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Huh? Please tell me why anyone would WANT Madden to fail.

It's the only game we have, everyone WANTS it to succeed.

Madden just hasn't proven a whole lot lately and people are running out of patience and justifiably so.

# 66 jpdavis82 @ 04/28/13 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Tradition? Force of Habit? Don't be one of "those" guys Jp.
Who are they? I'm just saying I don't understand the mindset of some people, if you hate Madden that's fine, but why come here year after year and say the same things. I don't frequent any COD forums because I don't like or play COD.

# 67 DeuceDouglas @ 04/28/13 06:30 PM
Quote:
Who are they? I'm just saying I don't understand the mindset of some people, if you hate Madden that's fine, but why come here year after year and say the same things. I don't frequent any COD forums because I don't like or play COD.
Different strokes for different folks. I'm the same way though, I never go into the 2K forums and post about how much greater I think MVP Baseball is than the current 2K baseball game or how awful it is, but I'm sure there are others that do just like here.

# 68 TreFacTor @ 04/28/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Your impression that he hates Madden is just that...you derived from a negative statement that he hates the game when he never said it. That is your perception. That is the perception of the Madden fan who can't take a negative comment about something they hold dear. How do you know he didn't buy 13 and was simply displeased with it? We don't, so we can't assume he or anyone else with a derogatory statement outright hates the game.

I myself haven't had anything good to say about the game since M10...I've bought every Madden thus far, does that mean I can't come here to state my opinion even if it's the same every year? Everyone knows legacy issues that haven't and won't be addressed so you can pretty much say that either side of the coin is washing, rinsing, repeating. The negatives remain the same and the hopefuls remain the same, and I don't see a lot of variation in any of those posts even from you yourself.

# 69 Grey_Osprey @ 04/28/13 06:36 PM
The opening stumble recover looked good. Didn't really see what caused it - tripping over the OL/DL men? - but the recover looked realistic enough. And there's some good animations with the heat seeker (hate that name) tackling that looks pretty good. Really like the DB going low on the running back, taking his legs out from under him. The running back tumbles over - forward. Nice. And some of the tackles with ball carriers being stopped in their tracks are good. And that's about where the good stops for me.

The Raider running back stumble recovery was aweful from start to finish. Watch it in slow motion and pay attention to the RB's legs, feet, body lean. Then you have the OL block, where the defensive player is knocked off his feet and lands 2 yards backward and the tackle animation at the end which is set up perfectly for a form tackle but turns into a one arm tackle with the DB left arm just hanging out there.

There's just too many instances of over the top features. Players having their momentum stopped abruptly is one thing, but when their momentum is stopped, their feet come off the ground, and they are propelled 2-4 yards backward....I'm sorry, that's just not realistic. Prime example would be the Packer RB catching the ball, turning and within one yard gaining enough momemtum to cause the on-rushing defensive player to stop in his tracks, leave his feet, and be propelled backward 4 yards.

It's stuff like that that screams ARCADE to me. I'm thinking the RB must be equipped with the Marvel Comic/Street Fighter "Truck and Forearm combo move" while the DB picked a bad time to not have the Scorpio Mortal Combat "Get over here!!!" counter move. Hopefully these over the top moves/features are tied to attributes such as AWR, TAK, POW, big hitter, etc. And hopefully size, weight, momentum and type of player are taken into account too.

@Big - On the Kerrigan sack/tackle. Not bad, but did you think the RB did more "warping"/sliding to try and pick Kerrigan up versus moving his feet to get over there? Good to see the back AWARE of the oncoming rusher and try to get over there to pick him up. It would have been nice to see him try to push Kerrigan off course/around the qb or cut him. Also, watch Kerrigan's right arm on the dive/tackle. Seems to just be hanging out there. I noticed this on a few tackles throughout the video. Guess it's better than seeing them distorted or in awkward positions.

# 70 Trick13 @ 04/28/13 06:37 PM
Quote:
I think the guys who say that "rinse and repeat" line are, for the most part the same guys who offer up the best perspectives on what EA should be attempting to accomplish. They are generally people who want a high quality game the most. I don't think the "apologists" who say "it's early yet" or "the consoles are tooo difficult to program for" or "the game is heading in the right direction" do the game's quality any favors.

I have serious doubts about M25 on either generation, but want the game to be higher quality and so I continue to come here, offer my perspective and make suggestions because of how badly I would like to have a Madden game that doesn't require any "patches"...

# 71 BleedingGreen83 @ 04/28/13 06:56 PM
Not sure I like the idea of button combinations when you're tackling...Just keep it the way it is, but allow for gang tackles and waaaaaaay better physics. The most common tackle in Madden 13 is to collide with them and bounce off each other. Also, I hope they improve blocking. That's been an issue for awhile.

# 72 roadman @ 04/28/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

I have serious doubts about M25 on either generation, but want the game to be higher quality and so I continue to come here, offer my perspective and make suggestions because of how badly I would like to have a Madden game that doesn't require any "patches"...
Actually, it would be nice for sports games in my collection to not have any patches, but I agree with what your saying, Madden is still behind those sports games in my collection, except for 2k baseball.

# 73 youALREADYknow @ 04/28/13 07:19 PM
Sigh.... still too many binary events in ball carrier and tackling.

Ball carrier either flattens a defender or gets flattened by the defender.
Ball carrier either falls on his face or recovers to full balance on stumbles.

Don't preach sim to me and then have such extreme and improbable events play out each and every game.

They can tune Infinity Engine and clean up a lot, but you can't really tune an arcade football motion capture into a sim one. Capture real sim football moves and sound, fundamental tackling and THEN tune from there. Don't capture this WWE style hitting and then try to sell me a sim football game.

Those huge impact animations are the ones that should be dynamic and random from Infinity Engine, NOT driven by a clearly ridiculous and forced animation (Hit Stick or Truck Stick).

It's not enough to make me not buy the game because quite frankly I've come to terms with my sports addiction and realize that EA is the only dealer on the corner with "product". Still, I'm not going to pretend that these things are OK for a team that has been using the words simulation and authentic all month.

# 74 N51_rob @ 04/28/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
And every year you come in here in the build up to Maddens release, and try to make everything unicorns and sunshine. You call anyone who say anything negative about Madden a "*****". You go quiet after release and then come back in the build-up again. All in the hopes of being invited to a community day or be added to the game changer program. Your act is getting quite old, and if you continue to keep it up you probably won't make it through this release cycle here on OS.

# 75 Trick13 @ 04/28/13 08:30 PM
Another thing I want adjusted/fixed - the TE never being "bumped/pressed/chipped" no matter what coverage audibles you use....

...I remember watching the Chiefs put two guys on a Patriots TE (Gronk) and just beat his backside on the LOS like they were the gunner blockers on punt returns.

The fact that the TEs get a free release and the precision passing the TEs were a complete PITA to deal with in M13 and you had to manually defend them. The pass rush, combined with the TE, was so weak that guys had to resort to 2 man rushes and dropping 9 into coverage.

# 76 DeuceDouglas @ 04/28/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Another thing I want adjusted/fixed - the TE never being "bumped/pressed/chipped" no matter what coverage audibles you use....

...I remember watching the Chiefs put two guys on a Patriots TE (Gronk) and just beat his backside on the LOS like they were the gunner blockers on punt returns.

The fact that the TEs get a free release and the precision passing the TEs were a complete PITA to deal with in M13 and you had to manually defend them. The pass rush, combined with the TE, was so weak that guys had to resort to 2 man rushes and dropping 9 into coverage.
Definitely. There needs to be far more stuff like this not just on the TE but on receivers as well instead of the stupid 'all-or-nothing' jam/whiff that cornerbacks do. They should also add this into the running backs coming out of the backfield chipping on blitzers or edge rushers.

# 77 TreFacTor @ 04/28/13 08:47 PM
Quote:

Not to mention that 20 year old step slide the TE does when in motion...that animation has been in the game forever and I've never seen a tight end do the Cha Cha while in motion in all my years of watching ANY type of football...but that's just me being petty.

# 78 jpdavis82 @ 04/28/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
And every year you come in here in the build up to Maddens release, and try to make everything unicorns and sunshine. You call anyone who say anything negative about Madden a "*****". You go quiet after release and then come back in the build-up again. All in the hopes of being invited to a community day or be added to the game changer program. Your act is getting quite old, and if you continue to keep it up you probably won't make it through this release cycle here on OS.
Ok obviously you guys are taking this stuff way too serious, all I was saying is that maybe not all, but a lot of the people who use that saying go on YouTube Madden videos and just say that phrase and offer no ideas or suggestions to try and make the game better. I never said anything was perfect with Madden by any means. Madden 13 was about what I expected but is still not a great or even good representation of the game of football. I'm not here to start wars and ill just keep doing what I do, which is go out of my way for the community during this time of year to get as much media and info regarding madden and ncaa as I can find. Sorry if I upset anyone, never intended to.

# 79 Skyboxer @ 04/28/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
dude... they're showcasing what the hard hits look like. this is not a full game. nothing needs to be toned down.
YES it does. It''s obviously not the same game all those hits are coming from so it's not the amount.
It's the waaaaay overblown impact and the way the players are getting leveled like a nuke just went off in front of them.

Needs seriously tones down.

# 80 DeuceDouglas @ 04/28/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
YES it does. It''s obviously not the same game all those hits are coming from so it's not the amount.
It's the waaaaay overblown impact and the way the players are getting leveled like a nuke just went off in front of them.

Needs seriously tones down.
I think it still depends on how common it is. I can live with one or two big hits like that a game. If they are occurring every possession then it's way overkill. I get people like big hits but I wish they would either give a 'tackle power slider' or like they are apparently doing with the 'heat-seeker' tackling, give us an on/off for the hit stick.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.