Home
Tiger 14 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 patch is available now for PS3 users, weighing in at 28 MB. The team is currently awaiting Microsoft to approve the patch before giving a release date for 360 users.

UPDATE: The 360 patch arrives Friday, May 3rd.

To go along with this patch, a total statistical online reset will occur on the servers. Created golfer level, XP points, coin bank, and all offline stats will remain unaffected.

EA Sports and the Tiger 14 team are crediting everyone's account with 25,000 coins as a thank you for your patience.

Below is a list of fixes.
  • Fix for H2H online issue where players get incorrect stats after completing event (including DNFs, etc...)
  • Fix for Legends of the Majors multiple part challenges not working in rare instances.
  • Fix to move aiming spin back to right stick if right stick is your hit stick
  • Restored original follow camera for putting
  • Fix the camera button from defaulting back to regular view when changing holes
  • Fix for H2H cameras so they no longer pull back after a ball comes to a rest
  • Fix for H2H opponent cameras not tracking the ball and instead staying behind the user
  • Fix for Country Club stat "Double Eagle" always displaying "0"
  • Fix for some Country Club stats not tracking correctly
  • Fix for wrong stats in info module on the event select screen for events that have closed in Connected Tournaments.
  • Fix for some career stats not matching front-end stats correctly
  • Fix for some career stats that show incorrect information
  • Fix for issue where country flags are incorrectly showing on club world ranking in-game banners
  • Fix for shot preview arc not drawing completely when using shot preview pin
  • Fix Strike Meter to always be 'sticky' for Move players
  • Fix for Loyalty Bonus timer (currently display days, will be hours)
  • Fix for user's score not displaying in the front-end leaderboard when submitting a score for play the pro event
  • Fix for 'next hole' stats not appearing correctly in live tournaments
  • Fix for score column showing incorrect information after playing multiple rounds in Play the Pros.
  • Fix for playoffs sometimes going to night (if choosing to play night or live time of day, playoffs can still go to night)
  • Fix for opponents sometimes not animating during H2H games.
  • Fix for various issues that occur on the final round simulation leaderboards in career mode
  • Fix for clubs resetting to default after having played a historic challenge in legends of the majors
  • Fix for aiming info and other on-screen indicators disappearing at times.
  • Fix for boost pins in H2H matches not working for users that did not set up the game
  • Fix for eventual crash that would happen if game loads into demo mode when start is not pressed in time
  • Fix for live tournament round screen not showing the proper time remaining in tournament
  • Fix for incorrect display of XP Pin Bonus amount
  • Fix for crash in golfer level purchase flow where coin price is incorrectly set to 0 coins
  • Fix for mute user functionality where user becomes un-muted when a new user joins the session or a user leaves the session
  • Fix for connected tournament banners not showing #1 ranked user in the banner
  • Removed debug 3 hole setting from play now as this setting was never intended to be in final game

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Chairman7w @ 05/03/13 02:50 PM
I got it.

I was upgrading and looked up and I had 25,000 Gold. I was like WTH???

# 42 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 02:51 PM
I automatically got my coins right after the server stat/leaderboard reset occured around 11:00 AM EDT.

# 43 kamackeris76 @ 05/03/13 02:52 PM
i have my 25000 coins !!

# 44 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 02:53 PM
Just finished an 18 hole OCC Club connected tournament. I got a two level contorted golfer on every tee. The first one had no arms, I hit the "A" button and he gets warped arms and endlessly fidgets. I hit the "A" button a second time and he formed properly, took a steady, normal stance and was able to swing normally. It's not a show stopper, but definitely looks untidy. At least the swing camera is holding the slightly above head high level I selected throughout, but I have to wonder if the contortions are part of the price I have to pay to hold that swing camera height?

On a positive note, I still haven't had a club reset after an online round of any type, including 5 head to head matches.

# 45 kamackeris76 @ 05/03/13 02:56 PM
slightly off topic but what do you use coins for ??

# 46 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
slightly off topic but what do you use coins for ??
I use them to level up on the skills screen. I went from 95 to 97 with the coins I got this morning

# 47 kamackeris76 @ 05/03/13 03:21 PM
insta-rewind??? not sure what you mean by this. putting cam...i was expecting a behind the putter type view but is behind and to the right over the shoulder...is that correct ??

# 48 rolltide1017 @ 05/03/13 03:25 PM
Can you use the new camera angels even if you have it set to broadcast? I don't mind the broadcast camera for everything except putting, would love the shoulder camera for that.

Quote:
insta-rewind??? not sure what you mean by this. putting cam...i was expecting a behind the putter type view but is behind and to the right over the shoulder...is that correct ??
I don't understand the insta-rewind comment either. I just wish the camera would not move at all after you make a putt, just let me watch the ball all the way to the whole, even in broadcast mode (like the one you can choose during a replay).

# 49 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 03:44 PM
I call it insta-rewind, some might call it backing up. Before the patch, the follow camera would go back-up in the direction from which the ball was hit, after the ball came to rest. Sometimes it would go all the way back to the golfer, but it would at least go back a quarter of the distance it had traveled at its furthest point. Now it holds its position at the furthest extent of its travel as the ball comes to rest.

# 50 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Yep, that's it... it's not a pure behind the golfer view, which I would prefer. Tiger 13 did this a lot better when follow cam was in operation. It would very slowly move from behind the golfer as the ball rolled, but never as far away and to the right of the golfer's right rear, as Tiger 14. I'll call it "acceptable", but give me Tiger 13's follow putting camera in this game and I would have called it very good.

# 51 kamackeris76 @ 05/03/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yep, that's it... it's not a pure behind the golfer view, which I would prefer. Tiger 13 did this a lot better when follow cam was in operation. It would very slowly move from behind the golfer as the ball rolled, but never as far away and to the right of the golfer's right rear, as Tiger 14. I'll call it "acceptable", but give me Tiger 13's follow putting camera in this game and I would have called it very good.
agreed...this angle is better but yeh not as good as 13....so if you use broadcast for off the green it doesn't have behind golfer for putting ??

# 52 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/13 04:05 PM
Quote:
agreed...this angle is better but yeh not as good as 13....so if you use broadcast for off the green it doesn't have behind golfer for putting ??
Nope, it jumps to an all too often obsure angle, distant view at impact... for my tastes anyway.

# 53 kamackeris76 @ 05/03/13 05:58 PM

Bug still here.... Cut says plus 1 it's actually par..... Grrrrrr

Hull City FC for life

# 54 rolltide1017 @ 05/04/13 11:24 AM
Let me start this by saying that I never really experience the pre-patch bugs most people mention other then the stats not tracking right.

Post patch has now introduced more bugs then I had before the patch. I've only played 1 round since downloading the patch but I'm annoyed now. I thought the stat overlay getting stuck on problem was fixed with the patch, it happen to me on 4 straight holes. Before the patch it would happen to me maybe 1 or 2 times per round so, it seems to have gotten worse.

3 times during this round my golfer wasn't on the tee box until I pressed A to address the ball. Did they even test the patch, this happen 3 times on my first round after downloading the patch so don't even try and tell me they didn't see it during testing.

There are other little things happening that didn't happen before the patch, like the ball stuttering in the air and other graphical stuff. It's annoying that a patch that was suppose to fix stuff seems to have broken more stuff. Yet some things that we thought were getting fixed aren't, like the cut glitch and the stat overlays getting stuck on.

Nothing breaks the game, it's just all annoying, especially since I wasn't really have any issues before the patch. If I wasn't having so much fun in CC events, I'd delete this patch and ignore it. Now we have to wait for a second patch, if we get one, and who knows how long that wait will be.

# 55 JTrain @ 05/04/13 12:52 PM
Quote:

Hull City FC for life
Being the stat guy that I am, this issue and other stat tracking probs are quite annoying. To the point where it is becoming unplayable at the moment. Hopefully a patch is in the works to fix such issues (thought that the 1st patch was supposed to correct).

In any case, I believe the prob is caused by a coding error which takes every golfer that misses the cut and lists them alphabetically. Whomever is the first golfer, by last name alphabetically, that becomes the cut line that is displayed. However, the actual cut line would most probably be whichever score listed right after the score making cut. If +5 is the last score displayed to make cut, most likely +6 is the cut line, not +7, +10, +12, etc. (which is the score of the first golfer that is cut in alphabetical order.

Because of this coding prob, I believe other stats are not being tracked correctly as well (or not at all). If you are cut from a 4 round tournament, the second round scores are not being included in any season or lifetime stat calculations and is listed as 9999 as the score posted for the tournament. I happen to think the cut line prob is linked to this in all probability. Also, if you are in a tournament offline, when you check the leaderboard in between rounds it lists you in last place regardless of your position but displays the correct score.

It's all very confusing and sloppy to say the least. And something tells me that all this stat/cut line confusion could have been avoided with a quick fix to a coding formula either before the game was released (overlooked, we all make mistakes) or within the first patch (it was pointed out to EA beforehand). Just sayin.

# 56 JTrain @ 05/04/13 01:13 PM
Quote:

Hull City FC for life
Almost forgot....also, if you notice, it says 1st Round Leaderboard at the top. I could be mistaken but isn't this the second round?

When/if your cut, game reverts back to first round. Strange. Once again, wrong formula :-)

Take notice when you miss the cut and the remaining golfers scores are being simulated and finalized.....quickly changes from 2nd round to 1st round and cut line displayed jumps 2 or 3 strokes once the cut list is alphabetized.

Ahhhhhh, good times!

One would think that the coding for the stats/cut line wouldn't be that much different than previous years/versions......apparently one would be wrong ;-)

# 57 JTrain @ 05/04/13 01:42 PM
Moral of the story: Don't miss the cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrain
Almost forgot....also, if you notice, it says 1st Round Leaderboard at the top. I could be mistaken but isn't this the second round?

When/if your cut, game reverts back to first round. Strange. Once again, wrong formula :-)

Take notice when you miss the cut and the remaining golfers scores are being simulated and finalized.....quickly changes from 2nd round to 1st round and cut line displayed jumps 2 or 3 strokes once the cut list is alphabetized.

Ahhhhhh, good times!

One would think that the coding for the stats/cut line wouldn't be that much different than previous years/versions......apparently one would be wrong ;-)

# 58 cdawg44 @ 05/04/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
cdawg44, I know I've come off as being a negative naybob about Tiger 14 in many circles, but I do have a real passion for the game. I've seen enough potential in Tiger 14 to let me know that with the advertised fixes, it can realize its full potential and present itself in a manner that's better geared for my tastes. I follow the developments very closely regarding the patches and I'm more than delighted to pass new information along. OS forumers bring a different perspective to the discussion of such issues and I value what I read here in response to the game's developments.

My gut feeling is that the 360 patch isn't going to fix all that ails the game, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take care of the show stoppers for me, all of which are camera presentation and functionality related. It will be good to get back to playing the game again, even if it does mean I'll have to go to the equipment screen and change back to my chosen putter to restore my full club set after playing a H2H match. I see career mode cuts are still not being properly sorted, tiebreakers are still hosed, etc., but it sounds like EA is pretty sure there will be a second patch to take care of those issues as well.

Sadly, this game has turned into one of the biggest commercial beta tests of any that I've ever played. If that's what it takes to get a console golf game that will hold me over for two years, I'll grin and bear it.
Hey man, I know that you are tough as hell on the Tiger team and this series, but I always felt you came from a good place about it. You always give constructive and fair criticism about what this series has gotten wrong. This year, yeah even I'm a little annoyed at the crazy glitches I've seen and feel like not everything is as polished as it should be. But I truly believe that we have a much more stable foundation for the future of a simulation golf game for you sim heads plus with the presentation elements that make guys like me happy.
Thank you for being as passionate as you are, because peeps like you and others here have helped Tiburon see the things that truly matter with this series and we are finally moving in the right direction after the diasters that were Tiger Woods 07-10

# 59 Kalub @ 05/04/13 10:22 PM
Had my first lock up since the patch was released tonight. After I finished the 4th Round of the Weekly Tournament, it froze at a loading screen on the way back to the main menu. I also have just as many overlay issues as before the patch, if not more, but those don't bother me all that much.

The new putt camera is very nice. It's great to be able to know how poor my read was for future reference. I never used the Replay feature to check my line after missing putts prior to the patch. Seeing the line in real time from a better angle is much more convenient, so I'm quite pleased with that change.

Overall, so long as I don't start experiencing freezes mid round, I'll won't be disappointed with this patch.

# 60 ajaxab @ 05/05/13 09:50 AM
I wasn't experiencing any real issues before the patch. Post patch the audio stutters or drops out relatively frequently. I also had my first complete mid round freeze last night. Got through 10 holes at Oakmont only to be completely locked up. I couldn't go back to the Xbox Live home screen. A manual shutdown was the only option.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.