Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted another NCAA Football 14 blog. This one covers the sights and sounds from the game. There are plenty of little details in the blog, but most of you will be interested in the new camera views that are available in the game (Zoom, Wide, Coordinator).

Quote:
Last but not least is the Coordinator camera, which provides a view of the whole field initially, but dynamically zooms in during the play to follow the action. Traditionalists can still enjoy the Standard camera, but the new camera offers additional perspectives for anyone that wants to experience the game from a new angle. In addition, all these cameras will also be available in Road to Glory.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 UH53 @ 05/01/13 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are killing me with this cleat talk. We're about to go into next gen consoles where they'll have every cleat imaginable and you'll be able to see the dew from the grass on each cleat it will be so detailed. Lets get the gameplay straight and they can wear pink cleats for all I care.
"When You Look Good, You Play Good"

The above quote comes from former University of Oregon running back Kenjon Barner, who took a few moments while he was visiting the EA SPORTS Orlando studio to talk about Oregon's love of trend-setting uniforms. While alternate and throwback jerseys have been around for years, it's hard to think of uniform variety without thinking of the Ducks. The team has been tinkering with its look since 1998, providing a staggering number of combinations of jerseys, helmets and pants.

If this is straight from a player that actually plays the game in REAL life and EA wants to represent these sentiments in the game then CLEATS should matter! I guess you'd be fine if they had the players running around in flip-flops as long as the game played well? Give me a break! EA says they want to make this game as real as possible and realized that the trend of college football is uniforms and finally getting gloves in... They should look at the variety of CLEATS that players wear to make the uni complete.

Look good, feel good, play good!

# 42 Ice_Cold345 @ 05/01/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can see why the guys in the Tiburon office were said to be playing from the coordinator game play view, it looks interesting. I want to see at E3 how the "zoom in" from that the coordinator cam plays out though. I know the new consoles will have the ability to live broadcast your games, I just wish sports games would add a "Spectator mode" for others to view the games from a broadcast view.

Heck, I just thought of something, I wonder why they don't offer the option to save an entire game to your console hard drive and play it back from whatever camera view you choose, like with some racing games. I think that would be much easier to implement than a Spectator mode and allow people to upload games from a broadcast view, without all the preplay adjustments and plays showing. Hmmm...
I would love if that was a thing in NCAA. It would help people who do dynasties on Youtube, plus it would cool to have an entire game saved to look back at the best ones. It's something I love in NASCAR Racing 2003, because being able to switch cars and see different angles on wrecks is so nice. Watching a game back with a broadcast angle would help people watch those "epic" games people talk about without only looking at pictures or short videos. Help those who don't have recording equipment to put on Youtube.

# 43 The_Wise_One @ 05/01/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can see why the guys in the Tiburon office were said to be playing from the coordinator game play view, it looks interesting. I want to see at E3 how the "zoom in" from that the coordinator cam plays out though. I know the new consoles will have the ability to live broadcast your games, I just wish sports games would add a "Spectator mode" for others to view the games from a broadcast view.

Heck, I just thought of something, I wonder why they don't offer the option to save an entire game to your console hard drive and play it back from whatever camera view you choose, like with some racing games. I think that would be much easier to implement than a Spectator mode and allow people to upload games from a broadcast view, without all the preplay adjustments and plays showing. Hmmm...

# 44 GruffyMcGuiness @ 05/01/13 11:46 AM
No broadcast view? Lame.

# 45 khaliib @ 05/01/13 12:25 PM
Finally a bigger field...

If you look at the Coordinator Cam, you can see the up-close graphics have hindered the field size.
Look at the distance from the L Tackle to the hash marks and the numbers...
See how much field is opened up from this view.

Finally some field to do something with (screens, drags etc...)

The game animated differently (better in many ways) in Madden '12 from the Broadcast Cam than the regular views.

As LD said in Django, "you now have my attention!!!"

# 46 jeremym480 @ 05/01/13 12:36 PM
Is the field bigger? Maybe someone could post some side by side shots of NCAA 13 to compare.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 47 khaliib @ 05/01/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Is the field bigger? Maybe someone could post some side by side shots of NCAA 13 to compare.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
a poster (#39) has all three next to each other on page 4

# 48 darren1024 @ 05/01/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I absolutely LOVE the wide camera angle! I've been waiting for this for a while.

Thats actually the coordinator cam.

# 49 moylan1234 @ 05/01/13 01:33 PM
I'm still a little confused about these chants and their impact on custom sounds. Will some events be missing from last year because the game will default to these two songs? Do we have any ability to swap them out? Are they songs playing from the loud speakers or is the crowd chanting them or both?

# 50 Jr. @ 05/01/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
a poster (#39) has all three next to each other on page 4
Those are the angles from the new game.. he's asking for comparisons of these screenshots with similar shots to last year's game.

I would like to see that, too. If the field is indeed bigger, that is great news.

# 51 Cowboy008 @ 05/01/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Thats actually the coordinator cam.
That's the wide cam according to Pasta Padre's article.

# 52 TripleCrown9 @ 05/01/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
"When You Look Good, You Play Good"

The above quote comes from former University of Oregon running back Kenjon Barner
, who took a few moments while he was visiting the EA SPORTS Orlando studio to talk about Oregon's love of trend-setting uniforms. While alternate and throwback jerseys have been around for years, it's hard to think of uniform variety without thinking of the Ducks. The team has been tinkering with its look since 1998, providing a staggering number of combinations of jerseys, helmets and pants.

If this is straight from a player that actually plays the game in REAL life and EA wants to represent these sentiments in the game then CLEATS should matter! I guess you'd be fine if they had the players running around in flip-flops as long as the game played well? Give me a break! EA says they want to make this game as real as possible and realized that the trend of college football is uniforms and finally getting gloves in... They should look at the variety of CLEATS that players wear to make the uni complete.

Look good, feel good, play good!
Actually that quote comes from Deion Sanders.

# 53 PVarck31 @ 05/01/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Considering the Playbook was about presentation and mentions visual upgrades to the uniforms cleat talk fits in. There is a huge section of NCAA and Madden fans who want perfection from a visual standpoint which includes every aspect of the uniform.

I do agree that the gameplay needs serious overhaul, this was not a gameplay post.
Did I say you can't talk about cleats? I said no cleats vs gameplay posts. Meaning, some people get mad about other people posting about how much they want new cleats thinking they don't care about gameplay. And the other way around. This isn't the thread for that. Its been happening in multiple threads.

# 54 Quint75 @ 05/01/13 02:46 PM
I wonder if Broadcast Cam will still be available for Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU mode...

# 55 UH53 @ 05/01/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Actually that quote comes from Deion Sanders.
I actually know that but that's from EA's blog about the up coming title. So when you quote Kenyon Barner as an example that's been around for years and you finally acknowledge this sentiment, you'd think they'd completely follow through.... Right?

# 56 khaliib @ 05/01/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Those are the angles from the new game.. he's asking for comparisons of these screenshots with similar shots to last year's game.

I would like to see that, too. If the field is indeed bigger, that is great news.
In my OP I tried to explain what I meant.

The player size vs field size ratio changes depending on how far or close the cam is.

As the cam is pulled further back, the player size has to be adjusted (smaller) also, which in many ways expands the field within that camera view (not that they actually made the field bigger).

This may also account for why some of the write-ups have noted more fluid movements/play, as much of the gliding/shifting is removed/hidden at the angle and height of the view (we can't see).

The adjusted ratio will also allow movements/plays more space to run through vs being cut off (guys just standing there waiting).

I would say that this is what may be contributing to the "Fluid Play" that has been noted.
The view doesn't make every animation occur within a small box (close view).

Can't wait for the Demo to see for myself, but it's still a rent before buy for me.

# 57 BA2929 @ 05/01/13 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
When they say Coordinator Cam, I think of it as like the coordinator during games from the press box. So im guessing they mean coordinator cam as in watching film. Idk.
I guess 'coordinator' camera is better titled than 'Director of Football Video Operations' camera.

# 58 XMrAngryEyesxX @ 05/01/13 06:40 PM
Very skeptical on how the zoom in feature of the coordinator/wide camera angle will work. This is essential to whether or not the camera will actually be able to be used in the game or just another great looking screenshot.

# 59 jello1717 @ 05/01/13 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMrAngryEyesxX
Very skeptical on how the zoom in feature of the coordinator/wide camera angle will work. This is essential to whether or not the camera will actually be able to be used in the game or just another great looking screenshot.
I don't think that the wide camera angle zooms in and I sure as hell hope that it doesn't.

# 60 UMhester04 @ 05/01/13 07:47 PM
Who else would buy a cleat package?

It severely pains me to say it but if the gameplay is as good as its potential this year, I would do it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.