Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

During a recent interview with Machinima, Producer Ben Haumiller introduces the Skills Trainer for NCAA Football 14, which teaches players some of new gameplay mechanics. No word on whether it will be similar to FIFA's version of the skills trainer.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Gap Integrity @ 05/03/13 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That way a Saturday Night Primetime game on ESPN won't feel the same as a 1pm Conference USA game on ESPN U.
ESPNU with Beth "the battle axe" Mowins, and Joey Galloway.....Hell yes, bring it on!

Anyone else wonder if this is all we will here from EA regarding equipment this year? Another year of no revspeed 2 bar mask.... Why.... Why did I become a roster editor

# 42 CM Hooe @ 05/03/13 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
don't know how you can say art changes to the shoes wouldn't be noticeable even during gameplay.
I didn't say they weren't noticeable, rather that changes to other pieces would be more noticeable, particularly from the default wire camera where all football gameplay takes place and where the user's focus on the screen and the players on it reaches its peak. When I am playing a game, I notice helmets and jerseys before I notice a player's shoes, if I even notice a player's shoes at all. I am guessing that this is the thought process for a good number of NCAA players when looking at the graphics of a game during a normal gameplay scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
See here is the thing though, you aren't adding more options and needing more room to free up to add and create any new items, you are literally editing the old oudated equipment and turning them into current shoes with different artwork.

This is not all that time consuming, trust me I was there when they put in the Underarmour shoes and the like into Madden, it was not a big task.
I don't doubt that, in the relative scheme of things, changing a shoe asset isn't difficult relative to other tasks. My point was that Tiburon clearly felt there were higher-priority items which must get attention before shoe updates. Not saying it is right or wrong, rather I'm simply saying that there is a thought process which goes into budgeting time for making a video game. The assertion I was responding to was the implication that Tiburon doesn't know what they are doing, something which gets thrown around entirely too often and rather baselessly in this forum.

# 43 ACardAttack @ 05/03/13 11:06 AM
Okay, so this really disappointed me, when I read skills trainer, I was thinking it was sort of like assistant coaches for dynasty where you focused on a style during that week for practice or during a game when a change of quarter, or timeout you focused on something during that time out to increase the skills of your team for the next quarter/rest of the series, or next game during dynasty.

# 44 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/03/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Okay, so this really disappointed me, when I read skills trainer, I was thinking it was sort of like assistant coaches for dynasty where you focused on a style during that week for practice or during a game when a change of quarter, or timeout you focused on something during that time out to increase the skills of your team for the next quarter/rest of the series, or next game during dynasty.
Same here. I was hoping it was tied into practice progression during dynasty. I'm still holding out hope (very very slim shoestring of hope) that it might prove to be once the dynasty playbook drops.

# 45 kamelr3d @ 05/03/13 02:15 PM
I like how Ben stated that the huge upgrade was base layers and gloves and that they have made no mention of having upgraded the helmets or face masks. From what I have seen in the photos they have just recycled all of the helmets and face masks from 13. Which is frustrating, because the helmets and face masks they had and still have are out of date or missing. A number of face masks were not designed correctly and there there are a number that are still missing from the game.

I hate how they try to preach Authenticity, but they have not gotten better in this area at all over the past 3 years.

They still have some of the same out of date helmets and face masks from NCAA football 10 which is ridiculous.

Gloves and base layers are great and have been requested for some time now, but the helmets and face masks are just as important, because this area is evolving as well with regards to player safety.

# 46 buckeyes70087 @ 05/08/13 02:47 PM
really excited for NCAA football 14. This game will be sweet!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.