Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

After some digging by GoodGameBro, it looks like NBA Live 14 (if it actually ships) will include Ultimate Team. EA Sports recently updated their NBA Live website mentioning more details coming soon. The sooner the better...

Quote:
Browsing LinkedIn, we stumbled upon the profile of an EA SPORTS software engineer who listed that he had worked on NBA Live 14 as of September 2012. Two items were listed under his work for NBA Live 14, but the only one that was actually named was “Ultimate Team Mode”. The remaining mode was listed as “TBA”, and no additional context was found within the profile regarding either potential feature.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TheBossPineapple @ 06/25/13 08:25 PM
Bit late to the party, but if this is true I might think about picking up NBA Live 14. Only if its good...

# 22 mpenias @ 07/03/13 09:39 PM
are they gonna have classic teams too or just legends

# 23 P4N748E42 @ 08/04/13 06:50 AM
apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere....did a quick search and didnt find anything....

im assuming ut will be a part of live 14...but im wondering what theyll do to form the large player pool that the mode requires....certainly nba personnel alone wouldnt be a large enough pool right?

BUT 2k has already secured exclusive rights to a bunch of the biggest euro league teams so i doubt theyll include euro league teams in the pool.

SO what does EA do? do they go past teams and legends? do they go college players? that would be exciting amirite?!?

# 24 bigeastbumrush @ 10/10/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
In news that should surprise no one NBA Live 14 will feature its own Ultimate Team mode. The retailer pre-order bonus for Live is the same as it is for Madden NFL 25. Seven Ultimate Team packs (which is said to be worth over $10) will be included with purchase from the major retailers including Amazon and Gamestop.

NBA LIVE Ultimate Team delivers a complete fantasy basketball experience to your console. Build your dream team by collecting the best players in the NBA, and then take your squad into competition online against other Ultimate Team gamers. Fans can also compete in solo single-player Fantasy Showdown challenges, and truly prove your worth as a NBA fantasy owner.

The team-building mode has become a huge revenue generator for all of the titles from EA Sports however basketball may be the worst fit of the bunch. With the limited number of players that are used in each game it doesn’t offer the same challenges in crafting a team and improving it beyond a certain point so it’ll be interesting to see how they tailor it to make it more intriguing. Knowing that legends will be involved in Live though this is probably where we’ll see them appear.
Ultimate Team

# 25 NoTiCe_O @ 10/10/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I've never played Ultimate team on any game or system yet, but this could be the start of something great once I get my PS4. I've heard nothing but good things about the mode for every EA game that has it. Hoping Live really delivers some solid gameplay that makes the mode competitive and enjoyable.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.