Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Watch the official insider look video featuring exclusive gameplay footage now to find out how the new precision ball carrier moves in Madden NFL 25 will allow you to run free.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 05/02/13 06:59 PM
Such a nice looking game in screen shots. In motion this game just looks AWFUL.

# 22 jpdavis82 @ 05/02/13 07:00 PM
I guess you guys would rather see the hbs run 2 yards and put their hands out and showcase the new ball carrier avoidance feature instead?

# 23 statum71 @ 05/02/13 07:00 PM
Man!! I hope every single tackler is not constantly bouncing off the ball carrier the way it looks like they will.

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 05/02/13 07:02 PM
I think people have next gen expectations right now, you should know by now that a complete overhaul in player movement won't happen until then. You're only fooling yourself if you thought otherwise.

# 25 BiggestKJ @ 05/02/13 07:08 PM
Hopefully these animations can be toned down by the final release or else the defense is going to be in trouble. It won't even matter if you drop the game speed down, because it's a global effect. Ball-handlers are transitioning at WARP speed from Point A to Point Z in each animation and it just doesn't look organic at all.

It's better than the trailer I'll give you that, but the animations should be subject to the Infinity Engine as well in terms of physics. It seems like each running animation defies the engine's logic.

# 26 noplace @ 05/02/13 07:10 PM
Horribly unrealistic....

# 27 Sausage @ 05/02/13 07:10 PM
Trailer, #sad #really? #CasualGamersWinAgain

Doug Martins #truckstick shirt was the highlight of the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Sigh... Wake me up when next-gen gets here. Running backs DO NOT run like this. This looks like NFL Blitz with how arcadey these animations are.
This might sound crazy, but Madden is so stiff the exaggerated animations could give it some life, only if it was balanced, had a fundamental football foundation in place, and the back of the box feature was "real football is NOW"!!

# 28 CT Pitbull @ 05/02/13 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Highlight of this video to me is the stiff arms, really like that Doug Martin one. I'm not going crazy or anything over this, but this is much better than the first trailer.

Looks like they fixed the Doug Martin model since that one screenshot, hope they did the same with Russell Wilson.
yea JP the stiff arms did look great, too bad that the ONLY time the RB stands up straight though. lol...but your right the stiff arm portion was the highlight of the video

# 29 CT Pitbull @ 05/02/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
I think people have next gen expectations right now, you should know by now that a complete overhaul in player movement won't happen until then. You're only fooling yourself if you thought otherwise.
my worry about next-gen is, who's to say that they can get it right in next-gen? will EA drop the ball again? Are they capable of accurately portraying "realistic" looking running annimations? Until I see it im not gonna just expect all the issues that have plagued this series for years to disappear like that just because its NEXT-GEN. They could still screw up next-gen just as easy as they screwed this-gen up

# 30 jmurphy31 @ 05/02/13 07:20 PM
to me it seems real jerky and robotic with the moves and cuts. Doesnt look natural. The step back jukes, especially look unnatural.

It looks more arcadish(Spelling) then realistic, but it might be fun to play. As long as they fix the CPU AI I will be ok with a "fun Game"

# 31 ch46647 @ 05/02/13 07:21 PM
The animations are just brutal. I actually like the idea of a modifier and more ball carrier moves that only certain players can pull off. But the animations are just incredibly unrealistic the way they play out. (The running animations actually look worse now then they ever have) I have no clue how developers can look at this and say it is OK.

With that said, I am not as concerned about players breaking a million tackles because I am sure they are just showing off the moves in this short trailer.

# 32 TheTruth437 @ 05/02/13 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That's the point. Wouldn't make sense to showcase the "Run-Free" feature and have every clip be of a back running 2 yard dives. That would be like the "Force-Impact" clips showing every defender missing tackles and getting steamrolled.
I'm not saying there shouldn't highlight plays shown. I'm just saying there should be more variety to the plays shown. You can showcase the Run-Free feature without just about every run going for fifteen-plus yards. Last time I checked running backs can use their moves even if the run doesn't go for a first down or more. Barry Sanders is a good example of running back using their arsenal of moves in the backfield or before the first down marker.

# 33 mestevo @ 05/02/13 07:23 PM
Looks like everyone moves like Dante Hall, but will be more interested in watching a quarter of gameplay or something on an actual difficulty rather than freaking out over a highlight reel full of actual highlights.

Will be liberating to have options while running the ball... get hit and fall after 3-5 yards (or 'race you to the edge!') has just become a staple of the running game for the most part until now.

# 34 ch46647 @ 05/02/13 07:24 PM
Also, this video tells me that there was no locomotion overhaul. They may have made foot planting a little better for the RB's, but all the other players on the field are gliding/morphing/sliding all over. Players can get run by and turn around in a nano second and still get back in the play to make a tackle.

They need a complete locomotion overhaul like NHL did, adding over 1000 (skating) animations and include momentum/acceleration/de-celeration/footplanting etc etc etc

# 35 jpdavis82 @ 05/02/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
I see the talking horse sold you some kool-aid
He's actually right, you won't be able to keep doing that all game, there is a fatigue and stamina system this year.

# 36 DeuceDouglas @ 05/02/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
...they execute the moves way too fast, like someone said in another thread, the moves just POP out of nowhere. Ball carriers need to slow down and take short choppy steps before they execute some juke moves and some cuts.
That's what bothered me the most. With the spin moves there really is no 'set-up' steps before they spin, they just spin. Same with the hop and back jukes. It's easy to see why they would implement something like "heat-seeking tackling". A lot of the moves look like they could be absolutely devastating in an online environment.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 05/02/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
my worry about next-gen is, who's to say that they can get it right in next-gen? will EA drop the ball again? Are they capable of accurately portraying "realistic" looking running annimations? Until I see it im not gonna just expect all the issues that have plagued this series for years to disappear like that just because its NEXT-GEN. They could still screw up next-gen just as easy as they screwed this-gen up
Bingo. I'm still gonna have my eyes open and see what they come up with, but honestly I don't think Tiburon has the capability. I mean they supposedly captured all of the animations this year for these jukes, and they just look awful. Screen shots of the cuts and jukes look like they would be awesome, but you see footage and they are some of the goofiest animations I've ever seen, and they're cool with that. I mean unless the animation engine or whatever is causing the animations to look so bad, they captured these thinking they looked good. I just don't think these guys have what it takes. I love football so much that I hope with every ounce of me that I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it. I mean they worked on the passing game last year, and glitched the sig throws so guys are throwing the ball like it's a baseball. I mean qb's really getting their back foot off of the field on the follow through. It just looks awful, and this is what they focused on. I mean I don't see how some of this stuff doesn't bother them.

Hate to bring up APF, but I was playing it last night, and the animations are really smooth, but as far as transitions and foot planting, there's still a bit of sliding. The difference I noticed is that the animations look like football player moves. They look like athletes. In Madden they look like goof balls. I noticed one video the back doing a cut and he has his head looking toward the sideline instead of downfield. It's like they tell these guys to do moves and they just do them without thinking, hey this is supposed to be like I'm actually in a football game. Unless the head tracking is separate, which is something they still should've fixed. IDK man, this thing can go either way, but I dont think it's gonna turn out well for guys like me. I just don't know anymore....

# 38 TheTruth437 @ 05/02/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
A highlight reel showing....wait for it.....highlights!!?!?!! OMG!!!!!

More on topic, game speed seemed really quick to me. Might just be because I'm used to NCAA at this point. Definitely better than the first trailer they showed, but still not quite there yet like others have said.
I shouldn't have used the word "highlight".

All I'm trying to say is a running back can use his arsenal of moves in the backfield or any other part of the football field, so EA can showcase the Run-Free without most runs going for a lot of yards. Watching the NFL provides all the evidence I could ever need to back-up my point.

# 39 Grey_Osprey @ 05/02/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
I guess you guys would rather see the hbs run 2 yards and put their hands out and showcase the new ball carrier avoidance feature instead?
I don't want to see every RB become a Barry Sanders/Earl Campbell clone. I realize this is a highlight real, but lets be honest, this title has a history of implementing new features "over the top" upon release. IRL, every back CANNOT make all these moves, let alone make these moves in succession.

The KC running back makes a juke/hard cut and spin and covers 5 yards! Same thing with the TN back. Makes a spin move around the 46 yd line and when he comes out of it he's full speed and at the 50 and then immediately does a hop step to the right.

# 40 jmurphy31 @ 05/02/13 07:46 PM
Serious question. How do the running animations look do unrealistic if they use motion capture technology. Not sure how hard it is to use it but, if they capture a person running shouldn't it look the same in the game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.