Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Watch the official insider look video featuring exclusive gameplay footage now to find out how the new precision ball carrier moves in Madden NFL 25 will allow you to run free.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BezO @ 05/02/13 10:17 PM
I'm more disappointed with what's going on in the background. At least the running is more dynamic and human-like. Far from perfect but way better than anything I remember seeing from Madden. I see change.

The signature sticky, patty cake blocking quickly sapped any momentum. Until that's addressed, other things like disengaging from blocks and tackling will have to be minipulated to keep this from becoming the NFL Relays, especially with all these moves.

I did see some drive blocking on the Martin spin run. Is that new?

# 82 Trick13 @ 05/02/13 10:18 PM
By the way, I think at the 1:08 mark the RB (Foster) actual uses the "avoidance" thing - it is quick and sort of obstructed, but it happens...

# 83 fsufan4423 @ 05/02/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
I'm patiently waiting for the next gen showcase May 21st. I really feel like they are going to show Madden. Hopefully the foundation of it looks significantly different.
Let's hope so! Hell, I'm 39...I may be pushing 50 by the time EA gets it right. I may be suffering from cataracts and arthritis by then.

# 84 jpdavis82 @ 05/02/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm more disappointed with what's going on in the background. At least the running is more dynamic and human-like. Far from perfect but way better than anything I remember seeing from Madden. I see change.

The signature sticky, patty cake blocking quickly sapped any momentum. Until that's addressed, other things like disengaging from blocks and tackling will have to be minipulated to keep this from becoming the NFL Relays, especially with all these moves.

I did see some drive blocking on the Martin spin run. Is that new?
There's not one instance of patty cake blocking in that entire video, guys are arm locking and getting in each others pads. I just watched that video 4x in slow motion and strictly focused on the blocking. I also saw the ball carrier avoidance subtle as it was with Foster at 1:08 before I watched just for the blocking. The worst part of that video is the Demarco Murray run and when Ray Rice jukes and jumps, other than that there are a lot of nice things happening in that video.

# 85 PVarck31 @ 05/02/13 11:10 PM
Some stuff looks ok, but way to fast. ahhh

I will wait for gameplay to judge.

# 86 carvis#15 @ 05/02/13 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Let's hope so! Hell, I'm 39...I may be pushing 50 by the time EA gets it right. I may be suffering from cataracts and arthritis by then.
LMBO I really don't think it will be that long. This new dev team has actually been making changes.

# 87 speedy9386 @ 05/02/13 11:25 PM
Anybody else catch that glitchy shift the blocker did in the background at 0:24?

# 88 speedy9386 @ 05/02/13 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep you can take the best game and go to replay...slow down etc.. and find stuff that looks wacky.
But then again this isn't the best game

# 89 carvis#15 @ 05/02/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I don't like the running animations, juke moves and to be honest none of it looks new...Looks like the same ole Madden to me...I won't be buying a new football game until I see something specifically developed for the Ps4 or Xbox 720.

# 90 kjcheezhead @ 05/02/13 11:45 PM
Well it looks like Madden.

IDK, I'm sure the kids will think this game is awesome but I'm not feeling it at all. I don't even have the desire to complain or critique anymore. I'll wait n see if they deliver a brand new game on the new systems or if the license expires. Stale doesn't begin to describe the look and feel of current Madden for me right now.

# 91 kcirtap @ 05/03/13 12:28 AM
NFL defenders dont freeze like that. EA and their gimmicks. Just start with the basics and get the physics of the offensive and defensive lines right. Football is a game of matchups and numbers not juke combos and spin moves.

# 92 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 12:29 AM
I mean despite all the flaws I see I still do think the game will be fun to play. How long it will be fun to play is the question. IMO, every Madden is fun the first day or two. Doesn't look realistic, but does look like it might provide some fun.

# 93 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/03/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I certainly would!
lol? but u complain about people asking for cleats. u can barely see the ankle twist unless u pause the video.

# 94 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/03/13 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
What I would like to know is will the AI finally run as aggressively as they do in that video?
THIS! I really want some AI competition this year and have them take some really good running backs and demonstrate some really good runs.

# 95 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
lol? but u complain about people asking for cleats. u can barely see the ankle twist unless u pause the video.
I was being sarcastic bruh, and you've never seen me complain about people asking for cleats.

# 96 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
As a defensive minded player, coach, and just person overall madden hasn't been fun since last gen.
I can feel that. Defensively Madden lacks alot from a strategic standpoint imo. Also the movement/animations and the AI don't help one bit either.

# 97 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/03/13 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizorch
Madden and NCAA are becoming more and more like arcade games.
somebody is pretty young here and doesn't remember the first iterations of madden and ncaa for ps3 and 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rzsv96Oxc

# 98 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
But then again this isn't the best game
Which doesn't have anything to do with the comment.
ANY game will have bad looking things, even a great game, when you slow it down and get into "Truth Seeking" mentality.
The game needs some care and advancement etc.. we all know that, but to do something that any game will have a problem with and use it as more reasons to complain is pushing the boundaries of sensibility.

# 99 DorianDonP @ 05/03/13 12:55 AM
I'm sorry but this looks awful. Football players don't move like that. Human beings don't move like that.

# 100 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean despite all the flaws I see I still do think the game will be fun to play. How long it will be fun to play is the question. IMO, every Madden is fun the first day or two. Doesn't look realistic, but does look like it might provide some fun.
That is the question...
I had/have fun with M13 and I see things that will make M25 even better.
That's why I'm at least happy for M25 current gen.

With that said... next gen needs to bring it and bring it now rather than 2-3 or more cycles down the line.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.