Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Watch the official insider look video featuring exclusive gameplay footage now to find out how the new precision ball carrier moves in Madden NFL 25 will allow you to run free.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I can feel that. Defensively Madden lacks alot from a strategic standpoint imo. Also the movement/animations and the AI don't help one bit either.
This is my biggest issue with Madden. A good defensive scheme and coaching should have way more of an impact on the game than it does.

If we ever get there then the "gap" between those that like using their stick skills and those that don't..(Coach only) should close a bit.
Still skills shouldn't trump coaching and player ratings on the field...
IMO of course.

# 102 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
This is my biggest issue with Madden. A good defensive scheme and coaching should have way more of an impact on the game than it does.

If we ever get there then the "gap" between those that like using their stick skills and those that don't..(Coach only) should close a bit.
Still skills shouldn't trump coaching and player ratings on the field...
IMO of course.
If they ever get the line play right and we're able to have tiered play-calling..... :drools:

I would love to actually outsmart protection instead of outnumbering it. Having a dominant front 4 and just changing up their attacks and not having to blitz. Man.....

# 103 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/03/13 01:22 AM
i still can't figure out how next-gen is going to solve these issues? i'm assuming people were just as hyped about transitioning from ps2s/xboxs to 360s and ps3s, but apparently, new technology made this game worse.

...and just out of curiosity. are people expecting next-gen footage for madden and ncaa to be shown for microsoft this month? i doubt EA would do that. people would just say the heck with this year. i'll just wait til next year.

if anything, they'll show one of those "made-up" sizzle trailers like they did when the first iteration of ps3/360's versions were planning on coming out.

i'm sure everyone remembers this video...what a load of BULL***. why didn't they tell us that this video was meant for ps4/720?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU

# 104 Brian_OS @ 05/03/13 01:26 AM
Madden pinball 25....

# 105 m1ke_nyc @ 05/03/13 01:28 AM
Seems footplanting only matters on hard cuts. Besides that they are still sliding.

# 106 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
i still can't figure out how next-gen is going to solve these issues? i'm assuming people were just as hyped about transitioning from ps2s/xboxs to 360s and ps3s, but apparently, new technology made this game worse.

...and just out of curiosity. are people expecting next-gen footage for madden and ncaa to be shown for microsoft this month? i doubt EA would do that. people would just say the heck with this year. i'll just wait til next year.

if anything, they'll show one of those "made-up" sizzle trailers like they did when the first iteration of ps3/360's versions were planning on coming out.

i'm sure everyone remembers this video...what a load of BULL***. why didn't they tell us that this video was meant for ps4/720?

I don't know about the Microsoft reveal, but I definitely expect them to show a next gen Madden at E3. No NCAA though. I'm sure it'll be some sort of trailer put together and not actual footage of somebody playing(hell we haven't even seen that for current gen yet, lol), but I hope they don't go with a CG trailer again, seeing how that route worked out for them last time.

# 107 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 01:41 AM
Quote:
i still can't figure out how next-gen is going to solve these issues?
Again totally my opinion but I don't think next gen hardware is the deciding factor. Sure it helps having better tech but....

You have to know how to program and integrate the things that will take console FB to the next level AND have to be able to make these changes. It's not always the developers but the bean counters who throw up the stop signs.

If EA came out right now and said "Guys we are stripping everything and the 1st Madden on next gen will be a solid, smart football AI game that emulates what we see on TV each Sunday more than we ever seen in a FB game, but we can't have franchise etc.. the first year"
I'd be tickled to death(if the game was actually a full on great AI football game) because from that point on we can then go to the "little things".

Now with that said we've heard that they've had a head start on next gen for a good while so I'm cautiously optimistic that we will see a great next gen FB game.

We all want the same things and hopefully one day we all get what we want.

# 108 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If they ever get the line play right and we're able to have tiered play-calling..... :drools:

I would love to actually outsmart protection instead of outnumbering it. Having a dominant front 4 and just changing up their attacks and not having to blitz. Man.....
Tiered play calling and something I bring up each year in wishlist but simply don't any longer...
Hot routing via 2K's method.
You didn't have to be on a player you wanted to hot route but each shoulder/trigger button was a group (LB's, CB's etc..) with icons on top of the players. You simply hit the trigger linked to the group, hit the icon of player and then what you wanted them to do. Took very little time to make 2 -3 adjustments.

# 109 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Again totally my opinion but I don't think next gen hardware is the deciding factor. Sure it helps having better tech but....

You have to know how to program and integrate the things that will take console FB to the next level AND have to be able to make these changes. It's not always the developers but the bean counters who throw up the stop signs.

If EA came out right now and said "Guys we are stripping everything and the 1st Madden on next gen will be a solid, smart football AI game that emulates what we see on TV each Sunday more than we ever seen in a FB game, but we can't have franchise etc.. the first year"
I'd be tickled to death(if the game was actually a full on great AI football game) because from that point on we can then go to the "little things".

Now with that said we've heard that they've had a head start on next gen for a good while so I'm cautiously optimistic that we will see a great next gen FB game.

We all want the same things and hopefully one day we all get what we want.
If the game was just incredible on the field, I'd be happy with just an immersive season mode for the first year.

The Madden devs have to work different for the next gen. I think they have to work smarter, not harder, and not let things slide and sit. Authenticity has to be their focus always, and not the talk of authenticity they've done this gen, the walk of authenticity as well. We should be into deep into player individuality now instead of trying to get fundamentals in at the end of a generation. I really hope the words of Cam's next gen interview are backed up by a stellar debut.

# 110 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 02:10 AM
Yep if we ever get to the point of talking about real "the little things" I'll be very happy.

To me some of the "little things" would be:
Seeing trash blowing across the fields on real windy days
Players leaving for a play because a shoe came off or a chin strap broke
Illegal Substitutions
A player throwing up in the huddle lol
Torn jersey/pants
Kicker slipping during a kick (BTW we need a new kicking system and passing system..as OPTIONS to use)
Blood on the jersey/pants (Probably aren't allowed to do this for some BS reason or another)

on and on....

One day perhaps...

# 111 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 02:18 AM
I'd love for us to finally get dynamic weather. Start out cloudy, by the end of the first it's raining, down pour by half-time. Hell I'd actually like to be able to set the temp like in NCAA. SMH. IMO Madden for the past decade has never had alot of the "little" things.

# 112 DorianDonP @ 05/03/13 02:19 AM
I hope EA reads all of these comments and are going into next gen KNOWING that this gameplay looks (and plays) poorly. They need to KNOW that what they are putting out in these trailers isn't good. My worry is that they actually do think what they are hyping in these trailers are okay. I understand they have to sell their game, good or bad, so for everyones sake I hope they really do realize how much of an overhaul everything needs.

This was the only animation I liked
Spoiler

But I worry that when that animation triggers, other defenders won't be able to come in and clean up the tackle.

Look how fast the runner turns a juke into a spinmove
Spoiler

and this guy's feet aren't even set before he's spinning and BREAKING A TACKLE at the same dang time.
Spoiler

crazy moves are possible but in real life they still require the runner to slow down and hesitate
Spoiler

This looks somewhat better (aside from the defenders looking like drunken idiots) with the hard and deliberate cut but the actual handoff doesn't have the same footwork detail. He gets the handoff from one angle and is heading in another direction magically.
Spoiler

Unlike something like this where even subtle change of direction requires more than one step.
Spoiler

The speed of the video made this look really bad but I'm not sure if it was speeded up or something.
Spoiler

The balance in this is just so off. The way he puts down his arm looks unnatural, like an animation thrown on just for the sake of it.
Spoiler

Aside from the foot planting and animations, the main problem to me with the running game is the lack of lateral movement. To much of the game is either zig zag or run straight ahead (now coupled with somewhat unrealistic combo moves). Low center of gravity/lateral movement isn't really represented which means the game doesn't capture the line of scrimmage running of many running plays.

Spoiler

Patient running like that is hard to duplicate in the games.

EA is going to show off their highlight reels of trucks, stiff arms, and spin moves, but I'd be much more impressed if they highlighted hitting holes with hard cuts and smaller jukes, instead of so much open field/to the outside stuff. In Madden/NCAA, you don't really have to make any cuts or jukes INTO the hole. I'm interested in seeing more gameplay of the speedburst thing to see how that affects those plays.

Spoiler

That's the bread and butter of the running game.

# 113 m1ke_nyc @ 05/03/13 02:23 AM
Quote:
Yep if we ever get to the point of talking about real "the little things" I'll be very happy.

To me some of the "little things" would be:
Seeing trash blowing across the fields on real windy days
Players leaving for a play because a shoe came off or a chin strap broke
Illegal Substitutions
A player throwing up in the huddle lol
Torn jersey/pants
Kicker slipping during a kick (BTW we need a new kicking system and passing system..as OPTIONS to use)
Blood on the jersey/pants (Probably aren't allowed to do this for some BS reason or another)

on and on....

One day perhaps...
That would be awesome, but that tells you how much work this game needs because I just cant see any of that in the near future. And im talking next 4-5 years. We need major overhauls to the entire movement system. O-line interactions need to be overhauled. Footplanting needs to work for everyplayer all the time not only on cuts. WR/DB interactions need to be added. Ball physics need to be added. I could go on and on then all these things need to be fine tuned to work good before we could even think about "the little things". And I didnt even mention the infinity engine needs a ton of work.

EDIT: EAs problem is they add something to the game but then they take something out. And what they add is always done half you know what lol Look at the footplanting, appears to only work for the ball carrier and only takes effect when he makes a hard cut.

# 114 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I hope EA reads all of these comments and are going into next gen KNOWING that this gameplay looks (and plays) poorly. They need to KNOW that what they are putting out in these trailers isn't good. My worry is that they actually do think what they are hyping in these trailers are okay. I understand they have to sell their game, good or bad, so for everyones sake I hope they really do realize how much of an overhaul everything needs.

This was the only animation I liked
Spoiler

But I worry that when that animation triggers, other defenders won't be able to come in and clean up the tackle.

Look how fast the runner turns a juke into a spinmove
Spoiler

and this guy's feet aren't even set before he's spinning and BREAKING A TACKLE at the same dang time.
Spoiler

crazy moves are possible but in real life they still require the runner to slow down and hesitate
Spoiler

This looks somewhat better (aside from the defenders looking like drunken idiots) with the hard and deliberate cut but the actual handoff doesn't have the same footwork detail. He gets the handoff from one angle and is heading in another direction magically.
Spoiler

Unlike something like this where even subtle change of direction requires more than one step.
Spoiler

The speed of the video made this look really bad but I'm not sure if it was speeded up or something.
Spoiler

The balance in this is just so off. The way he puts down his arm looks unnatural, like an animation thrown on just for the sake of it.
Spoiler

Aside from the foot planting and animations, the main problem to me with the running game is the lack of lateral movement. To much of the game is either zig zag or run straight ahead (now coupled with somewhat unrealistic combo moves). Low center of gravity/lateral movement isn't really represented which means the game doesn't capture the line of scrimmage running of many running plays.

Spoiler

Patient running like that is hard to duplicate in the games.

EA is going to show off their highlight reels of trucks, stiff arms, and spin moves, but I'd be much more impressed if they highlighted hitting holes with hard cuts and smaller jukes, instead of so much open field/to the outside stuff. In Madden/NCAA, you don't really have to make any cuts or jukes INTO the hole. I'm interested in seeing more gameplay of the speedburst thing to see how that affects those plays.

Spoiler

That's the bread and butter of the running game.
SICK POST!

# 115 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@DorianP, excellent post and I think you are spot on about the lack of lateral movement, which also hampers the flow of the defense when blocked.

One of my questions for the new consoles is, are they still keeping the branching tech, which allows this max User control but sacrifices realistic fluid movement. If so, then I don't know how much better some of this movement stuff can be on the new consoles.
This is the key right here. If they don't invent some new tech, or just scrap this idea of max user control(which still isn't that much better imo), I'm out. Every player on the field needs longer animations so they transition into each other better. The problem Tiburon had was the offense had longer animations while the defense was lighting fast which made you feel like you were waiting and couldn't make moves. Balance is the key.

# 116 DorianDonP @ 05/03/13 02:45 AM
I've read that next gen Madden could be using the new frostbite engine. I have no idea what that really means but maybe there is some insight there into what movement would feel like.

It's a good topic though, one I'm sure EA has talked about. As much as I love NBA 2K, there are plenty of times where I don't feel I have good control over my player, despite the fluid animations. I liked last gen Maddens running animations, but there were also times I didn't feel like I had good control over my players.

There's gotta be a balance out there with physics for every single player, ESPECIALLY the lineman, leading the way. Here's to hoping it's found for next gen.

# 117 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@DorianP, excellent post and I think you are spot on about the lack of lateral movement, which also hampers the flow of the defense when blocked.

One of my questions for the new consoles is, are they still keeping the branching tech, which allows this max User control but sacrifices realistic fluid movement. If so, then I don't know how much better some of this movement stuff can be on the new consoles.
That's the big question. Is next gen getting a new engine (because a ton of what we want simply isn't going to happen with this current engine) and if so have they, like rumors have said, been working on it for well over 1 year.

Time will tell.
I'm one who thoroughly enjoyed Madden13 (Game was fun regardless of it's short comings) and will enjoy M25.
That doesn't mean I, or those others who liked it, don't want better.

There were issues with Madden 13, but it was far from a terrible game like many spew on these forums IMO.
Maybe my age but I appreciate where we've come from to now so maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

Bottom line is I'm excited for Madden Next gen and hope EA doesn't let me down.

# 118 m1ke_nyc @ 05/03/13 02:52 AM
You have to sacrifice user control for the game to play out smoother. Animations have to play a part. Its all about finding that balance. One of the problems 2K had that they seem to be getting better at is being able to break out of those animations. EA has robotic/stiff animations but it doesnt help that they also lack transitional animations. Damn I need to take myself to bed.

# 119 carvis#15 @ 05/03/13 03:02 AM
Quote:

So you mean to tell me that we can make all of these assesments based off of one generation transition...

# 120 Skyboxer @ 05/03/13 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
You have to sacrifice user control for the game to play out smoother. Animations have to play a part. Its all about finding that balance. One of the problems 2K had that they seem to be getting better at is being able to break out of those animations. EA has robotic/stiff animations but it doesnt help that they also lack transitional animations. Damn I need to take myself to bed.
I know The Show has gone more and more animation driven only which is why it's a pretty smooth looking game on the field.

With Madden it's appeal is user control and "wow" over the top plays and I see no way around that as EA will never alienate that crowd, ever.

This is coming from someone who is a coach only kind of guy so I wouldn't mind it at all IF they ever give us a real coach only mode.

Better animations and yes better transistion from animation to animation is needed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.