Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA was scheduled to release everything we wanted to know about Connected Franchise mode in Madden NFL 25 (or at least the first half of everything we wanted to know) tonight with Madden 25's Playbook #3. Tweets are flying online that suggest EA might have cancelled their reveal tonight, pushing it back to May 20 instead with a two part reveal of the 'new' mode. It's possible EA felt they couldn't reveal just part of Connected Franchise and wait a couple of weeks to reveal the rest, so they're doing it all on the same day.

Update: EA confirms the playbook has been moved back, "We're going to reveal all Connected Franchise features on the 20th so fans can get all the news about the mode and it's features at one time. So we're not canceling the first Connected Franchise Playbook, but are rather combining it with the other one so that all the details are announced at the same time (May 20th). We'll also be supporting the announcement with assets (blogs, videos, etc.) in the days after the announcement, like what we've been doing with the already-released Playbooks."

Here is the updated schedule.
  • Connected Franchise - (May 20th)
    Cement your legacy as one of the all-time greats and take ultimate control of your franchise.
  • Madden Share - (June 24th)
    The best content from around the Madden NFL universe, right at your fingertips.
  • Madden Ultimate Team - (July 1st)
    Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
  • All-25 (July 8th)
    Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL's best of the best.
So there you go. Are you bummed? Understanding? Anything in between?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/06/13 04:13 PM
I think they seen all the stuff we posted about the stuff that was missing and it gave them that reason to out it in this years game.. Well at least im hoping thats why they changed it to see if they kould get it in.

# 82 bcruise @ 05/06/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats a reach though. Its a day before. I just dont see it.
Not to mention the game's already been announced for PS3....do people really think they're going to take that back?

# 83 SageInfinite @ 05/06/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm getting old. I've been a member of OS for damn near 2 decades now. Ive been here when EA didnt know what the hell OS was. I was here when 2k recognized what OS was and people said we were biased towards 2k. I was here when the exclusive deal started and the site damn near blew up because of it. I was here during the bad David Ortiz years. I was here when Ian and the rest of his cronies buttered up the members at OS and tried to sell us on how they wanted the game to be sim. Suffice it to say I've been here a long time.
I was there with you brotha!!! Ahh good times, lol.

# 84 cuttingteeth @ 05/06/13 04:22 PM
EA has bigger news to unleash this afternoon, as it turns out. A friend with Disney just tipped me to them all but locked to take over the new Star Wars game.

# 85 cuttingteeth @ 05/06/13 04:30 PM
Confirmed - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=103846

You guys now understand my first post in this thread about if we had internet 30+ years ago between Star Wars release dates...was trying to foreshadow and yet be tricky enough about it all. Anyway, the cats out, and seriously...no one here will even begin to compare to the kind of complaining that EA will face, should the Star Wars games not be functionally done well enough.

# 86 XtremeDunkz @ 05/06/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
EA has bigger news to unleash this afternoon, as it turns out. A friend with Disney just tipped me to them all but locked to take over the new Star Wars game.
If that is in fact true and gets announced it would make this delay more understandable.

EDIT: and there you go. EA wasn't going to allow one of these reveals to get buried under the other. Now we know the reason for the delay. Put the cover back on the panic button.

# 87 bcruise @ 05/06/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
If that is in fact true and gets announced it would make this delay more understandable.
Yeah, it's legit. In addition to the article cuttingteeth posted, IGN now has an article up too.

# 88 tfctillidie @ 05/06/13 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz

EDIT: and there you go. EA wasn't going to allow one of these reveals to get buried under the other. Now we know the reason for the delay. Put the cover back on the panic button.
They also announced Sims 4 too.

# 89 SeahawkNMD @ 05/06/13 04:43 PM
If they would have announced this push back any time before today my disappointment level would be no higher then a 1. But when you go to bed expecting to get the info and wake up and get indications you'll be getting info that night and the CFM head is going to do a podcast interview AND THEN get the info it has been pushed back two weeks to do it all at once feels like a slap in the face. It's not real painful but it's stunning and makes me feel stupid for getting excited for Madden info.

When I first saw the schedule where CFM was separated into two blog releases I thought it was pretty dumb because everybody would only be asking about the stuff that's going to get released on the 2nd blog where I assumed the meat of it would be. But they, EA sports, decided to release this schedule and you know they put more into marketing then anything else so there's no excuse to waiting the day of to delay it 2 weeks.

# 90 bcruise @ 05/06/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just read another post in another thread so wanted to ask this ITT. Does the embargo still lift after 9pm for other sources or do they have to wait until May 20th too?
I'd imagine that it's tied to the date EA actually reveals the features and not just a specific day on the calendar. But who knows, maybe one of the news outlets wasn't paying close enough attention today and lets it slip.

# 91 moneal2001 @ 05/06/13 05:47 PM
this almost saddens me(the EA getting SW Games). Look what they did to SWTOR.

# 92 roadman @ 05/06/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
Just read another post in another thread so wanted to ask this ITT. Does the embargo still lift after 9pm for other sources or do they have to wait until May 20th too?
I read a whole twiter conversation between EACGers and the word is no articles until EA releases information. Everyone is holding onto their articles.

In reference to why the delay, not going to loose sleep over the decision, it is what it is.

# 93 roll2tide @ 05/06/13 05:52 PM
Dear EA,

If your reading this thread don't be disheartened. It could be worse. We could not care at all.

Thanks

# 94 darknmild @ 05/06/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
In general terms a push back on a reveal is no big deal but in terms of this game, this gen and this studio, it's yet another disappointment in a long line of them. If I found CCM in M13 to be solid, then yeah, no biggie waiting to see how much better it got for M25 but people like myself were interested in this news to get the bad taste out our mouth from CCM last year. CCM and next-gen Madden in general, are not something I think most people can't wait to upgrade because the previous edition was so great, they just can't wait to see what the new edition hopefully fixed or completed. smh

That said, I'm not going to rant and rave about it too much because at this point disappointment around EA football games is the norm this gen but I understand anyone that chooses to.
I agree I've been waiting for this info since the dates were announced.

# 95 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/06/13 05:57 PM
EA the least you can do is talk about the presentation of the game and show us some more footage if the game

Y'all have to make up for this somehow

If not that than y'all can expect more heat

# 96 DeuceDouglas @ 05/06/13 06:11 PM
Just went through this entire thread for the first time and I must say that it's the greatest thread of all time (slight-to-major exaggeration). I was expecting to see a bunch of CFM news and instead I got many a great laugh. Thanks, guys.

As for the postponement, I don't really care. It will make the 20th that much better. It never really made sense to separate them in the first place. Either way, we're gettting the info and it will just be more to pore over on the 20th. I still want to see some videos of the IE2 in action as well as the new blocking. Methinks we'll have to wait until E3 for that though.

# 97 Hova57 @ 05/06/13 06:20 PM
i see it like this last year they broke up gameplay and showed videos which ended up having the infinity engine in it. tho they didn't want to show it right away, so instead of messing up and showing something that was suppose to be for the 20th they should just put it together.

# 98 darknmild @ 05/06/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Not to be factious but it's sad seeing people blame a metaphorical kid instead of their metaphorical parents. No wonder the metaphorical society has gone to ish. lol
Damn good point.

# 99 mva5580 @ 05/06/13 06:33 PM
ITT: Masochists.

# 100 aholbert32 @ 05/06/13 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
EA the least you can do is talk about the presentation of the game and show us some more footage if the game

Y'all have to make up for this somehow

If not that than y'all can expect more heat
Heat? LOL. EA could care less if they are getting criticized in May. As long as you guys buy the game in August.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.