Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

UTC's Corey Andress has posted his early Madden NFL 25 impressions of the Run Free running moves, improved run blocking and more.

Quote:
I also noticed a few new animations, including seeing the defending linemen push offensive linemen back. What felt so good about the run blocking was the fact that you actually feel rewarded by staying behind lead blockers and waiting for holes to open up. It was noticeable from the very first game I played. It was also great to see blockers think the way they should. Intelligence on the line has definitely ramped up. Screens were really effective if played against the right defense, so fans of teams such as the Redskins and the Patriots – who have a ton of screens in their playbooks, should feel a lot more at home this year.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CoreySA @ 05/14/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There was a disclaimer at the top of the article that he spent most of his time on CCM/CFM which he can't talk about yet.

Corey, next time you go down there, would you be able to play vs the CPU and tell us about the late game calling with the CPU. It was a mess the last few years with the CPU running the ball at the end of the half/end of the game down by 7 to 10 points. The CPU should be passing at this time. Plus, there was a lot of running on first down last season with passing offenses for the CPU.

Hopefully, the CPU playcalling has been corrected.
I'll definitely keep this in my notes. I'll be sure to ask a few of the other gameplay guys and see if they noticed anything different here.

# 42 roadman @ 05/14/13 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I'll definitely keep this in my notes. I'll be sure to ask a few of the other gameplay guys and see if they noticed anything different here.
Thanks, in my opinion, this area has a tendency to be over-looked because it appears most of the GCer's seem to play pvsp instead of the CPU.

Just my take.

# 43 CoreySA @ 05/14/13 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks, in my opinion, this area has a tendency to be over-looked because it appears most of the GCer's seem to play pvsp instead of the CPU.

Just my take.
Well I'm definitely not a PvP guy. Mostly offline career/franchise (I'm old-school lol), so if I can't get an answer from someone, I'll definitely look into it myself because I agree - was a big issue last year.

# 44 EJQJ99 @ 05/15/13 12:35 PM
i'm interested on how the power running game is going to work with this free run stuff.

# 45 Smoke6 @ 05/15/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I should have been a little more clear in the article. With stamina, there was a definite difference being seen on individual runs. For instance, if your guy was tired to begin with and then broke off a big run, you could see his stamina drain quickly and he'd slow down.

But what I meant was that stamina progression throughout the game was still being tuned so I couldn't get a good read on how effective stamina worked over a full game. I thought it was un-fair to both the community and the developers to discuss the details on this until it's had a chance to be tuned properly.

Make no mistake though, stamina is definitely in and a factor this year.
Ok dunno if this has been asked yet, i stopped reading up to this post I quoted but here goes...

With regards to stamina, is this a direct true to life (dont take that literally I know its a game) counter for players who no huddle and spam the same play and route to the same WR down after down or any player for that matter?

Do the fatigued players get automatically subbed out almost akin to package subs?

They're are a lot of ingredients that have to go along with this recipe before it can reach top chef quality or its gonna get chopped up by the community. I would like to know the 'eb and flow' of this particular part of the gameplay to get a better understanding or they would have to release a damn near full half or so worth of head to head gameplay vid to give consumers an indication of whats going on and how its supposed to work.

# 46 Smoke6 @ 05/15/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
i'm interested on how the power running game is going to work with this free run stuff.
I would hope the same as it does in real life, "Aggressive"!

Power running is for tiring out the defense as opposed to guys like CJ who would tire out fast always trying to look for that "run free" feature in his game and do more harm than good.

It will be nice to see how a Hybrid like AP plays out in all this, thats what inm excited about to be honest.

# 47 speedy9386 @ 05/15/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I would hope the same as it does in real life, "Aggressive"!

Power running is for tiring out the defense as opposed to guys like CJ who would tire out fast always trying to look for that "run free" feature in his game and do more harm than good.

It will be nice to see how a Hybrid like AP plays out in all this, thats what inm excited about to be honest.
He's probably just gonna be able to use the precision modifier for a vast amount of moves.

# 48 newmich @ 05/18/13 05:06 PM
By the looks of everything in the run free video, i'm almost scared to get this game because I'm afraid my D is going to get torn to shreds considering GB was the only defense on the video. Oh well at least the part is realistic

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.