Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Amazon has an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.

What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).

You also get this...

Quote:
... exclusive content for Madden Ultimate Team, the series' popular digital trading card mode. Anniversary Edition buyers will receive 17 special Ultimate Team packs of cards, one for every week of the 2013 NFL season, with each pack containing two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

UPDATE:
  • For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
UPDATE #2 - According to Anthony Stevenson, Sr. Director of Marketing for EA SPORTS, there will be a unique code inside every box.

More details here.

Quote:
Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

Source - Amazon-exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition includes free year of NFL Sunday Ticket (Polygon)

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CT Pitbull @ 05/16/13 09:00 PM
me being a bears fan and my pops being a packers fan we are from CT. so we have had direct tv sunday ticket for like at least 15 years straight. this is typical direct tv. the best deals are always ALWAYS for the non-subscribers. meanwhile their loyal customers get minimal deals if any year after year.

this is a great deal for those who don't have the ticket, which if you are a die hard football fan its a MUST have, IMO.

# 22 Robcards @ 05/16/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
As noted upthread, a lot of people will just call up to "cancel" their directv service and let the CSR try to win them back. Usually sunday ticket will be heavily discounted as part of this deal if not given outright.
Not sure what your point is. You can also get money off your bill, I typically call and threaten to cancel and get 200+ off over the next 6-12 months once a year. That goes on record though and if I tried the same thing a few months later and pushed for free Sunday ticket they wouldn't have the ability to do anything.

# 23 tdogg097 @ 05/17/13 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truzoe
Watched nfl Sunday ticket trough my ps3 last season. If I purchase the madden on amazon will I be able to get it trough my ps3??
I did as well but had so many freezing issues that it didn't seem worth it. I first was wireless and then tried a hard line and nothing helped. Did you not have these issues? I also found it a real bummer that you could not watch games after they had already been played like you can on mlbtv.

All that said, If I could get Madden and Sunday ticket for $100 I would be all over that.

# 24 ZFarls @ 05/17/13 09:57 AM
Truezoe,

That polygon article is only mentioning Tablet, Computer, Mobile so I don't think PS3 is included so but I want to double check once amazon puts up the official page with notes. Might get my brother a pre-order for his graduation present.

Confession: I watched Victor Cruz's 99 yard TD catch vs the Jets in my GF's kitchen during her family party on an ipad. (Playoffs were on the line and they only had Pats game)

# 25 Steve_OS @ 05/17/13 10:17 AM
Here it is on Amazon. Click Anniversary Edition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20
  • For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

# 26 aholbert32 @ 05/17/13 10:33 AM
The free Sunday Ticket on tablets makes this an automatic buy for me.

# 27 Chrisksaint @ 05/17/13 10:41 AM
Will buy it now, because at the very least I can watch it on my mac. Anyone know if it also means you could watch it through PS3 doing this? As that's eligible to watch Sunday Ticket through but the article implies that you have to have DirecTV

# 28 mestevo @ 05/17/13 10:56 AM
Eh, I'd be kinda wary of those bullet points.

1. is just a new customer offer, that will be available in some form anyways (usually Sunday Ticket, all channels for x months, free install, etc - something better than $10/mo off actually).
2. is just saying 'oh you have it already, nothing to see here'
3. says if you can't get DirecTV service and I believe you may have to qualify your address or something in order to do so (not sure how fake-able that is or if they'll be lax with that verification - looks like it might just be some checkboxes - http://www.sportsgeekery.com/748/can...ticket-online/).

I'd wait until there's a little more clarification before getting too excited. I'm surprised this is all there is for people without DirecTV, a little disappointing that the anniversary edition is just some MUT packs for many.

It does call the 17 MUT packs a subscription, I wonder if that will be offered separately too.

# 29 murph17 @ 05/17/13 11:03 AM
hmmm...so the value of this comes down to how easy it is going to be to convince DirecTV that you "can't" get service. it's not that i can't get DTV, i just don't want it (actually used to have it)...but i do want iPhone/tablet access

# 30 murph17 @ 05/17/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It does call the 17 MUT packs a subscription, I wonder if that will be offered separately too.
i dont know but it (hopefully) will just be a code that can be sold to some MUT fan further reducing the price of this deal.

# 31 huntt26 @ 05/17/13 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
hmmm...so the value of this comes down to how easy it is going to be to convince DirecTV that you "can't" get service. it's not that i can't get DTV, i just don't want it (actually used to have it)...but i do want iPhone/tablet access
I'm in the same boat. Wish this all was a little more clear.

# 32 ZFarls @ 05/17/13 11:28 AM
I'll speculate:
The only feasible way to do this is to put a code in every box like an online pass in my opinion. When you sign up and login, they'll likely ask if you can get directv, you reply negative. (I think my buddy said that was how it worked with PS3, not sure since he paid full price rather than getting the free app shown here) https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-in-september/

If they want to send someone out to my apartment building, go nuts. I think it will be gravy though. Still waiting for more details but its looking how it seems

# 33 mestevo @ 05/17/13 11:35 AM
The code management part might be the main reason it's an Amazon exclusive and they email it to you like other promotions.

# 34 ZFarls @ 05/17/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The code management part might be the main reason it's an Amazon exclusive and they email it to you like other promotions.
Took me 5 years after college to use my "communications degree" but I can now do a Shefter: I have confirmed from an inside source there will indeed be a unique code in each box.

# 35 skives @ 05/17/13 11:53 AM
How do we know what code we will get. I don't have Directv but I can get it but don't want to get it. I just want to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my tablet.

# 36 Danimal @ 05/17/13 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The free Sunday Ticket on tablets makes this an automatic buy for me.
As a ST subscriber I get this already as part of the package. So I think the marketing here is nothing more than fluff for people who are already on board.

# 37 Ultimo @ 05/17/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
so this is only for current non-subscribers? I have directv, so this promotion won't work for me?
Im confused as well. I also would like to know the answer to this question.

# 38 der juicen @ 05/17/13 12:24 PM
In my unprofessional opinion, it seems like it should. Bullet point one is talking to people who do not have Direct. If you don't have Direct, you will get $10 off of your service as well as free Season Ticket.

Current subscribers to Direct get Season Ticket. I don't really see any tricky language.

You have to have the DirecTV service regardless to access Season Ticket, thus the discount on your first year of service.

edit: Rereading the last point, I think everyone may win in this preorder. If you can't get DTV, you still get access to the ST programming.

# 39 aholbert32 @ 05/17/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
As a ST subscriber I get this already as part of the package. So I think the marketing here is nothing more than fluff for people who are already on board.
I cant get Direct TV in my apartment building so its perfect for me.

# 40 mestevo @ 05/17/13 12:32 PM
Packs should be available for purchase individually: https://twitter.com/meStevo/status/335427768252784643

@EAMaddenNFL
#Madden25 + @Sunday_Ticket = Awesome. The #Madden25 Anniversary Edition, exclusively on @amazongames! More here: http://www.amazon.com/madden25?tag=operasport-20

@meStevo
@EAMaddenNFL The MUT anniversary stuff is referred to as a subscription, will that be offered individually (packs or a subscription?)

‏@EAMaddenNFL
@meStevo Packs, which will be distributed weekly, starting with week-1 of the NFL season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.